[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Minecraft
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: Neincraft.jpg (122 KB, 1024x707) Image search: [Google]
Neincraft.jpg
122 KB, 1024x707
What happened to this game /v/? Has it gotten better since it came out? Thinking about playing it again if it's not cancerous anymore.
>>
>>321891676
They promised spikes. They lied.
>>
>>321891884
I have no idea what you're talking about, haven't played since beta ended.
>>
>>321891676
There will never be decent combat or bosses. It will never be OoT maker.
>>
>>321892240
It's still shit.
>>
>>321892741
It was OK before all the edgy kids came in. Survival mode with 2-3 friends was a pretty unique experience.
>>
File: 1408543297950-559d0048a8f5a.png (29 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1408543297950-559d0048a8f5a.png
29 KB, 633x758
>Kids call gold BUDDER
>>
>>321891676
It's a game for pedos now
>>
File: Never got raped.png (218 KB, 500x484) Image search: [Google]
Never got raped.png
218 KB, 500x484
>>321893078
>friends
>>
>>321891676
It WAS an amazing game. The survival and huge ammounts of shit they kept adding ruined it a bit.
>>
>>321893078
Maps made by people are good.
If it had decent moves and combat it would be a nice game generator.
There were people adding the original 150 pokemon and a cool system when it began, now there's people with qt maids and shit.
Lot of wasted potential.
>>
Does /v/ still have a server? I remember when we raided reddit a few years ago.
>>
>>321891676
One word.

Fanboys
>>
The official releases are pretty much garbage. The mod scene is dying pretty quickly because the last stable release was 1.7.10 and modders don't want to bother modding for 1.8 if we're already moving on to 1.9. What few modders who are moving to 1.8 are really just doing it because they have Patreon's they're trying to live off of. Even that being the case, the few popular mods to move from 1.7.10 to 1.8 are pretty shit and don't look nearly as cool. Did I mention Mojang still won't release a modding API?

Tl;dr : ded gaem
>>
>>321893731
That's disappointing to hear, I was actually looking forward to trying out the new mods, which were probably the best part of the earlier Minecraft which had an incredible modding community.
>>
>>321891676
It's only as cancerous as the people you play it with.

There's some nice cocktail mods now too that let you check some hundred mods on or off at once.
>>
>>321891676
Used to play it and i got burned out of it, even with mods, the devs added content that easily could have been in mods, but instead the released every update with bugs and shit.

Fucking up also the compatibility with mods between versions.
>>
>>321894074
There are still new mods being made for 1.7.10 and some of the older ones still get updated now and again.

Thaumcraft and most of its addons are fucking amazing. Tech mods like Minefactory Reloaded, Steve's Factory Manager and Immersive Engineering give you lots of automation options. Twilight Forest, Runic Dungeons and The Erebus give you interesting dimensions to explore, raid and build in and you can even spawn new dungeons into your overworld with Roguelike.

So all hope is not lost, but it's becoming clear that the Golden Age of modded Minecraft is passing as we speak.

Fuck you, Curse.
>>
>>321894269
aye. A good modpack is great. SMP is shit now, but the singleplayer experience is still great if you're a returning player, even more so with mods.

Get FTB launcher and ATLauncher, both have great modpacks. Experiment - I liked the YogPack (yogscast modpack or whatever) in I think ATLauncher, but its outdated now IIRC.
>>
Still virtual LEGO for children and/or autistics
>>
Are you guys playing it on consoles or so? Play it with mods, they fix all problems, add infinite possibilities and increase the startup time of Minecraft to about 20-25 minutes. Thanks Lex.
>>
>>321896521
lol who would play Minecraft on a console? I bought the game while it was still in beta anon, lots of people bought it during alpha too.

mods were probably the best thing about the game.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.