[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why am I not hearing anything about this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: PokkenTournamentBoxart-1.png (177 KB, 291x350) Image search: [Google]
PokkenTournamentBoxart-1.png
177 KB, 291x350
Why am I not hearing anything about this?
>>
>>321887005
Cause it shit.
>>
>>321887005
Because its garbage
>>
>>321887005
I think people just lost interest after they wasted a slot on Sceptile
>>
>>321887005
Nippon said its straight trash
>>
>>321887005
You haven't been going to the right outlets. The Japan Bandai/Namco Youtube channel put up a video of Sceptile not too long ago, and they're doing a promo for leveling the fighters and to get Farfetch'd and Electrode supports. When its released for the Wii U you'll probably still not hear much about it because not many people own one.
>>
>>321887162
Japan has terrible taste in video games. What else is new?
>>
You generally don't hear about Japan-only arcade release titles because that's an obscure as fuck category. And you don't hear new information for the console edition because the game is already out, what is there to talk about?

The only stuff we actually get is brand new information from Nintendo
>>
>>321887505
>implying anyone anywhere in the world has good taste in video games
>>
Japanese arcades have already been removing the game due to lack of interest and the console release is next year and they have more important things like Pokemon Z to advertise for after the 20th anniversary late February.
>>
>>321887741
That report was for a single faulty arcade machine, and at the time of publication was listed 2nd or 3rd top played arcade game.
>>
Because Nintendo has a habit of announcing games and then leaving us in the dark until one or two months before it drops.
>>
>700 Pokemon
>hasn't even reached 20 yet
>b-but it's a fighting game so the roster HAS to start out small!

Probably that.
The Mystery Dungeon series will always be the best spinoffs.
>>
More will come when the wii U port comes out, check serebii, there are tons of pokken events in the arcades going on, but since it's japan only everone else can only wait.
>>
Because it's ass. You have a save file and the more you grind the more powerful you become until you're unfairly beating lv1 players with your maxed out lv20 lucario.

But you know, I've never played it so HDD arcade data when? Surely someone out there is gonna crack it.
>>
>>321887005
Because the console version is massively downgraded
>>
>>321888636
Doyouhaveasinglefacttobackthatup.jpg
>>
Speaking of pokken, for those who played it, how do the characters feel? does it have any depth?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPre0_vAWKk
>>
>>321887992
It hasn't even reached a dozen yet unless you count lucha-chu.
>>
Because you're on the wrong board.
>>>/vp/
>>
>>321887005
Player 1 has to use Gamepad so it's basically dead in the water for tournament play
>>
>>321890226
Libre has a completely different moveset from Pikachu so it should
>>
>>321890421
>Wii U gamepad will have so many crazy fucking options and shit and add so much!
>developers routinely make it a fucking hindrance or ignore it's functions altogether

why does nintendo even bother with gimmicks anymore, it's been proven time and again not a single third party dev gives half a shit about utilizing it
>>
>>321890421
I don't think it's going to aim for big tournaments anyway. It's biggest venue will probably be Pokemon Worlds.
>>
>>321891065
They've been using features since the Famicom's 2 Player controller microphone and have been doing it in every console and handheld since. Only in hindsight are things looked at as an actual innovation of the technology used or as a selling gimmick like the e-Reader, Gameboy Printer, and N64 Disc Drive.
>>
File: 1450753841654.png (177 KB, 345x346) Image search: [Google]
1450753841654.png
177 KB, 345x346
>>321887741
>>321887857
Also it apparently does not have a good profit margin, it is very generous with how much play you get for the money

Oh and >he believes in Z
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.