[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you buy a new Sony handheld if it was an actual smartphone,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
Would you buy a new Sony handheld if it was an actual smartphone, but with enough specs to run decent games?
>>
>>321886108
If it ran on Android, and I could root it and still play whatever games they made for it, sure.
>>
>>321886108
I don't play mobile garbage.

Do you know what I'd really like? A real video-game.

I never used the camera on my Vita and 3DS.
I hate touch controls, I think they are a waste of resources, those Zeldas on the NDS were all garbage because they forced touch controls.

Imagine a REAL video-game, cheap and with good specs and most important, GOOD GAMES, everybody would love that.
>>
Xperia Play 2 please sony
>>
Yes, it would make Retroarch so much better to use, I had an Xperia once and was so frustrated by its tiny internal memory since some apps only use internal memory
>>
>>321886108
I don't need a smartphone and I have zero interest in smartphone games.
>>
>>321888145
>I never used the camera on my Vita and 3DS.

I can undersrand the camera on the 3DS because Nintendo consoles appeal to little children and middle aged women so to them having a shitty camera is a buying point, but why the Vita has a camera is beyond me.

Also why does the vita have a fucking rear touch screen? Sony are idiots.

I hate touchscreens in general desu.
>>
>>321888650
Way to make the console more expensive while adding absolutely nothing of value to it.

Even that Miku game that forced you to use the rear screen to press the stars, man, that made the game so unbearable sometimes...

Just use the fucking buttons for fucks sake...
>>
File: sony-ericsson-xperia-play-4g.jpg (63 KB, 577x465) Image search: [Google]
sony-ericsson-xperia-play-4g.jpg
63 KB, 577x465
>>321886108

I'm somewhat surprised no other company has taken this design and made their own phone out of it. I mean you just slide it back up and you've got a standard smartphone. Much better than those fucking controllers that have no storage sense and make you look like a literal autist. Whereas this design looks fine and nobody would think anything of you using it.

That being said, I'm thinking about the emulation side of things, which companies generally don't endorse. And once you take emulation out of the equation, there's basically no point.
>>
>>321889363
>forced you to use the rear screen to press the stars

Nah m8 you can change it to the front screen, even then is fucking awful. On the PS4 you use the analogue stick for it I believe.
>>
>>321889474
Who the fuck owns a ps4 though
>>
>>321889453
I have a PSP GO and to be honest its pretty fucking bad for action games or even games you need to move/react fast. Its better than touch screen for sure but it would surely need some improvements.
>>
>>321889870
I really don't know. There's Bloodborne and that's about it? People obviously like wasting money.
>>
>>321886108
An actual smartphone today can do everything a Vita does except play Vita games since that encryption hasn't been broken yet.
>>
>>321889453
Phone designs have really stagnated these last three or so years.

Have you noticed how every company basically has their own "flagship" design for their phones? Sometimes I can't tell from generation to generation, and it seems they add very small incremental changes every year and sell it at 700$
>>
>>321890021
Anyone who owned a 360/PS3 last gen and realized how shit the industry was becoming (early access, paid dlc for data that was already on the disc, etc) would not own any current console, even less knowing that ps4 has to pay for online now, like, what the fuck does this console have going on for it other than bloodborne.
>>
>>321890221
Good luck on those 2 sticks, dpad, and all those buttons m8.

Touch controls are absolutely shit.
>>
>>321890320
"share button" top kek.

Nowadays I only play on the PC and handhelds, I'm really happy that weeb games are coming to the Steam and I buy them all when I see them. I refuse to buy another console after the PS3...
>>
>>321886108
after the vita i am never buying a sony product ever again. they just drop support immediately for everything
>>
>>321890519
If they at least supported translation of games ALREADY in the Vita like the Kiseki series and other great games.

But not even that they do, they just keep shitting indies and fuck, I think I liked ONLY 1 out of the 328742398 indies I got for the PSV on the PS+, they are really that bad.
>>
>>321890661
I don't like most indies so the vita is absolutely fucking worthless to me.
>>
>>321890224
It's all about copying the apple design. Thinner, lighter, more powerful, better display.

>>321890338
Just because they're virtual doesn't mean they aren't there. It would be nice to have buttons on a phone again, but the Blackberry PRIV is the only one recent to have done that. Even then it's only a keyboard.
>>
>>321890661
I'd love Sony forever if they announced the localization of Azure/Zero no Kiseki, but that will never ever happen. But hey at least I'll get some indies I'll never play because they are fucking garbage.

The only indie I'm really looking forward to is Salt and Sanctuary, that game seems great.
>>
>>321886108
Neither Apple nor Google have any real interest in video games, as proven by how most popular games on their respective app stores are simplistic time wasters.
>>
File: 1440802147811.jpg (14 KB, 225x234) Image search: [Google]
1440802147811.jpg
14 KB, 225x234
>>321886108
>if it was an actual smartphone, but with enough specs to run decent games?
>no physical buttons
>decent games
>>
>>321886108
yes. i need and want an alternative to 3ds that is portable and not a chink android neogeo rom machine
>>
>>321891139
>no physical buttons
Might want to put your glasses on and check OP's pic, Velma.
>>
>>321891414
When a game isn't designed with physical buttons in mind but with a monoinput fucking screen, how can you expect to find decent games?
>>
>>321891334
So you don't care about emulation handhelds at all? Some of them are really nice.
>>
File: VM4E3.jpg (176 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
VM4E3.jpg
176 KB, 1280x800
>>321886108
I didn't buy the N-Gage so i wouldn't buy that shit.
>>
>>321889453
this was so good for emulation, shame the thumbstick parts were shit
>>
>>321886108
No.

Let's think about this for a second.

>cons:
>bulky
>terrible battery life while in use and decaying battery over the long run
>playing games in public
>one step back from the vita
>proprietary SD cards

You might as well buy a 3DS
>>
>>321892301
>You might as well buy a 3DS

OP said decent games
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-29-14-40-37.png (639 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-29-14-40-37.png
639 KB, 1440x2560
>>321886108
What's the point when you can just play ps4 on your phone?
>>
>>321893258

That sounds like a nightmare
>>
>>321892528
monster hunter
senran kagura 2
ace combat
xenoblade
smash bros
the dragon quest games
rune factory 4
SMT IV
the entire DS library
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.