[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You guys always talk about how video games are becoming movies,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: womb raider.jpg (116 KB, 1364x768) Image search: [Google]
womb raider.jpg
116 KB, 1364x768
You guys always talk about how video games are becoming movies, but really the only examples I can think of are Naughty Dog titles, Tomb Raider 2013 and The Order 1886. Other "movie" titles have things which break up their filmic nature, like MGS has a lot of gameplay in between its overlong cutscenes and things which are tone inconsistent with a film. God of War has too much mindless hacking and slashing and not enough slow-walking while talking to NPCs. Are there any other examples where "movies" are taking over video games?
>>
>>321884720
TLOU was the only movieish game ND ever made.

The people you are talking about are so retarded they thing "cinematic game", a term with roots into the 80s including such classics as Abes Odessey means "the game is a cutscene and has no difficulty"
>>
You ,you YOU FORGOT UNCHARTED YOU FUCK
>>
>>321884720
Max Payne 3 and nearly every Sony exclusive.
>>
>>321884890
>TLOU was the only movieish game ND ever made.

Uncharted. Three of them.

>>321884910
Uncharted falls under Naughty Dog titles, anon.
>>
>>321884996
uncharted is a TPS. The story is minimal and there are few cutscenes. If its a movie gears of war is.
>>
>>321884939
So all those weeb exclusives like Lost Dimension, Dragon's Crown, and Ys: Celceta?
>>
Beyond:Two Souls, Heavy Rain, Ryse, MGS4
>>
>>321885072
>The story is minimal
Same for action movies, which Uncharted apes.
>>
>>321885107
Japs don't make movie games, they call them RPGs. We're talking about shit like ND and David Cage games.
>>
>>321885192
so you consider Vanquish to be a movie?
>>
>>321885152
Thanks, I forgot about the Cage games and Ryse
>>
>>321884720
It's not so much about them becoming movies as it is them becoming "interactive stories". I know you can boil any game down to an "interactive story" if you misrepresent it enough, but I mean stuff like The Last of Us and Ori and the Blind Forest. There isn't much actual gameplay other than walking around and occasionally interacting with something. It's just a conveyor belt of a game that takes you on a pretty story and doesn't require any skill or real thought to complete.

These "games" aren't inherently bad, but calling them "games" is like calling orange peel a fruit. Sure it's edible, but you've missed the point on what makes oranges tasty. You've removed the core and just made something that looks good on the outside with no real content inside.
>>
>>321885349
No, it's too CRAYZEE. Movie games must be serious, gritty affairs with only canned jokes like suave comebacks by Drake
>>
>>321885597
>CRAYZEE
I see, autism. That explains it.
>>
File: film vs video games.jpg (302 KB, 1488x1079) Image search: [Google]
film vs video games.jpg
302 KB, 1488x1079
This is my masterpiece
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.