[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>want to trade some holiday cards >have to wait 3 days
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: untitled.png (332 KB, 1036x1036) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
332 KB, 1036x1036
>want to trade some holiday cards
>have to wait 3 days because I don't want to link my mobile to Steam

What the shit, Valve? I already have secure login and email verification bullshit, why the fuck would I also need to install your shit on my mobile?
>>
Why not? You got something to hide, pal?
>>
>>321879497
Yes, your mom.
>>
>>321879497
Yes, I secretly use my smartphone to communicate with several secret ISIS cells.

I'm not worried about the FBI being able to tap into any phone at will, but I'm terrified that Gaben finds out about me being a terrorist leader and bans my steam account so I can't play DOTO anymore.
>>
>>321878805
So Steam can push advertising through to your phone
>>
I seriously have half a dozen card 8s, and just need card 10.

id/bluesterbeegold
>>
Can't you just install bluestacks or some other emulator and use that to authentificate?

Bit of a hassle, but at least that way you don't need to use your phone.
>>
>>321878805
I DON'T HAVE A FUCKING PHONE
>>
>>321881890
Sell the 8s and buy the 10 off the market
>>
>>321882113
>current year
>no smartphone
get a load of this plebian
>>
>>321879497
bait
>>
>>321882308
>almost 2016
>still being a slave to your Apple overlords
>not using a classy as fuck flip phone for that hip terrorist chic
>>
>>321882113
me too
>>
>>321881890
What's even the point? It doesn't seem like you can even craft a badge from this shit.
>>
>>321882182
Yeah, I actually have a buck in my steam wallet already. But trading is more fun.
>>
>farming cards since 22nd
>won't drop card no.9

This motherfucking shit is coded that you don't get whole badge even if you shat yourself. They literally force you to buy and trade shit REEE
>>
>>321882617
I'm guessing you'll be able to craft once all the cards have been revealed.
>>
>databreach just happened
>not either maxing out your security by using the mobile verification or just getting off of intrusive drm: the movie: the novel: the game altogether
shig dig
>>
>valve locks down my trades to take three days, and boots me off the market for half a month under the pretense of protecting my information
>gives away everyone's credit card numbers for no reason
>>
File: 2015-12-16_00002.jpg (142 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-16_00002.jpg
142 KB, 1920x1080
>used to trade up to get expensive items and even make some small money on the side

>can't do that anymore because escrow and having to wait a week for items to be tradable
>>
>>321880880
I have an old phone, I mean is not touch and al that modern shit. Just for calls and messages.

How are they going to advertise to me now?
>>
>>321882918
>>databreach just happened
except it didn't
>>
File: 1448660840698.jpg (113 KB, 985x830) Image search: [Google]
1448660840698.jpg
113 KB, 985x830
>>321882617
>>321882771
>he doesn't know how to craft the badge
>>
>>321882918
>databreach just happened

it was a caching error, and this bullshit has been around since before that "breach"

>giving volvo your phone number and access to camera/messages on your phone "increases security"

maybe i am a little to /g/ for this discussion, but that doesnt help at all. They are forcing previously doable actions behind an info wall and people like you are defending them for it.
>>
>want to sell holiday cards
>cant sell cause i havent bought anything in year
>buy a thing with the money i've collected from cards
>have to wait 3 weeks
>cards gone after next week
what am i supposed to do?
>>
>>321883858
Buy a cheap game like bad rats.
>>
>>321884065
what is reading comprehension?
>>
>>321884124
I skimmed through the whole text, you're fucked m8
>>
>>321884287
i was hinting at trade, but i guess will just wait until i get the cards i dont have and craft a badge
>>
>>321884124
>what is reading comprehension?
Not the same anon, but I'm just going to add that you should buy cheap shit with cards almost once per year.

Oh, and also you should totally must have like 10 accounts, so you can trade the cards to your main account and get lots of money
>>
>>321884443
im pretty sure steam has a way to detect bullshit like that
>>
>>321884541
I've been doing this for as long as cards exist. Event cards, cards from free games, etc. They don't give a fuck, since every card sold is pure profit from them. It costs them nothing to give you cards, and they make at least 2 cents per transaction.

You win, Valve wins, the only one who loses is the poor autist who actually buys cards.
>>
>>321884717
meh, i dont care enough about ripping off the system to earn cards
>>
>>321884541
I had 6 alts for tf2 idling, if they do they don't give a fuck.
>>
>>321884541
Not the same anon, I have 3 accounts, and I've doing this with Dota2 items (and latter cards) since Dota2 introduced item drops.
>>
>>321878805

Just use an Android emulator. Or if it's cost effective enough, buy a dirt cheap Android phone and never activate it. Just use wifi and install the app on there. I got a decent LG that runs a bunch of emulators for like $25.

I agree that it's silly for them to prevent trading though. You should be able to request an opt out and then be granted it 3 days later rather than every single trade being stalled. That way it's the users fault if they get screwed.
>>
>tfw one of the few people who has never owned a cell

Fuck you valve I should have to link something I don't own.
>>
File: spiderpan.jpg (203 KB, 782x888) Image search: [Google]
spiderpan.jpg
203 KB, 782x888
>>321883208
that's disgusting
>>
I thought you had to be 18+ to post here? I guess they changeed the rules.
>>
Jesus Christ Valve is going downhill fast. Shit support on EVERYTHING. Steam controller was garbage. Constant "Security" changes because 12 year olds can't stop retardedly throwing their password at russians.
>>
what's that authenticator thing? an app for a smart phone only?

i dont even have a smart phone so if i ever decide to make a trade i cant? or i have to wait 3 days for it to go thru?

thats some serious bullshit
you steamfags will put up with anything.
>>
Why did Valve change the way cosmetics work so that it's much more restrictive on whether or not they drop or you can sell them right away?

It's stupid. I don't think they are making enough money and that's why they had to change it. They wouldn't have done anything if it were working.
>>
>>321885654
>what's that authenticator thing? an app for a smart phone only?
Yes.

>or i have to wait 3 days for it to go thru?
Yes.

>thats some serious bullshit
Yes.
>>
>>321885186
Dont parents give phones to 8-10 year olds nowadays?
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.