[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shitty DLC practices aside, why does this game get so much hate?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4
File: battlefront.jpg (671 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
battlefront.jpg
671 KB, 1920x1080
Shitty DLC practices aside, why does this game get so much hate? I got it for Christmas and I'm enjoying it a lot.
>>
>>321875904

How long have you played it? Within a week you will be bored with it. If you paid 20 bucks or so for it then it shouldn't be a problem.
>>
>$110
>less content than game from 10 years ago
>lacks the mechanics that were present in 10 year old title
>>
>>321875904
Its gameplay is so shallow, that even if you expect a short term fun-shooter, it gets boring after a few hours,
Even a Battlefield: Star Wars Edition would've been better.
>>
It's nothing like the other games you casual fuck.
>>
Yeah, it's pretty great. Just buttmad prequel babbies hating on it for not including Clone Wars cancer.
>>
File: 1451399143868.gif (1 MB, 266x268) Image search: [Google]
1451399143868.gif
1 MB, 266x268
>>321875904
Because it's basically reskinned Battlefield?

If they released it as new IP I would not be even upset. But pillaging on franchise name just for the sake of sales... Battlefront is about huge ground battles and space skirmishes. This game is just generic shooter. It lacks any depth.

Everyone who tries to defend it's qualities should feel bad.
>>
>>321875904
you'll get bored with it within a week
>>
File: itwastoosmall.jpg (93 KB, 670x503) Image search: [Google]
itwastoosmall.jpg
93 KB, 670x503
>>321875904
>getting raped and murdered aside, why does Detroit get such a bad rep
>getting killed aside, why does getting stabbed get such a bad rep?
>getting an inoperable tumour aside, why does lung cancer get such a bad rep?
>>
>>321875904
it's a fun game. my friend and i take turns (he likes endor; i hate it) and usually get a good server with good matches.
there are times i wish there was a multiplayer scenario with bots, but overall have little problem with anything aside from the very rare aimbot hacker loser (think i've seen two in over 40 hours of gameplay). which is remedied by juct moving on to a new game server.
>>
>>321876687
>reskinned Battlefield

Actually, I think everyone fucking wanted it to be a reskinned Battlefield, at least enough so it resembled the first Battlefront game. What we got is a barebones multiplayer-only game that's literally only banking on the Star Wars IP. If it played exactly the same but without the Star Wars name, models, sound effects, characters, etc. it would have tanked so hard.
>>
I was expecting a Star Wars shooter, and that's exactly what I got. I win.
>>
>>321876687
>reskinned battlefield
you obviously have not played it. reskinned battlefield would've actually been better than what we got.
>>
>No class
>Vehicle powerups
>No dedicated space battles
>a fraction of the maps 2 had
>No clone wars despite it having more warfare and heros
>>
Objectively shittier than BF2 unless you're a graphics whore.
>>
>>321876137
I got it for $40 with an amazon gift card

I feel like it's a decent value. Already put in 20 hours. I really enjoy the core shooting, it feels like star wars. If the DLC is good, and they have free stuff to supplement it, I might buy the season pass
>>
>>321877518
You will never wipe out a frigate with your CIS Strike Bomber again
>>
>>321877757
You will never plant bomb in Imperial Destroyer ship and escape again.

Shit might aswell buy Battlefront II while it's on sale.
>>
>>321875904
>I'm enjoying it a lot.
Because you're a casual, it is that simple.
>>
>>321877894

I think there's a way to still play online, even though the official servers were taken down.
>>
>>321875904
nice meem
>>
>>321878123
H A M A C H I
A
M
A
C
H
I
>>
>>321877894
>You will never crank the win number to 1000 and dogfight for an hour
>>
>aside from this gigantic, completely unacceptable problem, what's wrong with the game guys?
woah i gues hatersgonh8 amirite?
>>
>>321878176

Hamachi works of course, but I heard about a proper private serverbase, might check it out.
>>
>>321878197
You will never fight and die with your clone brothers on XL maps again.
>>
>>321875904

/v/ doesn't like dumb fun, unless it's available for $3 on Steam.
>>
It's so incredibly shallow, possibly the most casual FPS ever released. I can't see it surviving for very long simply because it fails not only as a BF game, but as a FPS.
>>
>>321878197
>You will never fight on
◾Coruscant: Jedi Temple
◾Dagobah: Swamp
◾Felucia: Marshland
◾Geonosis: Dust Plains
◾Kamino: Cloning Facility
◾Kashyyyk: Beachhead
◾Mustafar: Refinery
◾Mygeeto: War-torn City
◾Naboo: Theed
◾Polis Massa: Medical Facility
◾Tantive IV: Interior
◾Utapau: Sinkhole
◾Yavin 4: Temple

Space Maps
◾Space Hoth
◾Space Yavin
◾Space Mygeeto
◾Space Kashyyyk
◾Space Felucia
◾Space Tatooine
And no 501st campaign or galactic conquest
>>
>>321877626
fuck off EA
>>
>>321878304
>>321878480
Fuck, I gotta buy it now, someone find some server. Let's blow that shit up.
>>
>>321878480
Not to mention clone wars versions of most of those maps, plus the 6 or so heroes that came with it who where better then a guy with a gun
Oh, and the gam modes that were stuff like gungens vs. SBD and Jawas vs. Sand peoplr
>>
>>321878328
There's a difference between cheap dumb fun and $110 dumb fun.
>>
>>321878280
to be fair even without the shitty DLC it would still be a terrible game
>>
its really boring
>>
>>321878480
>>321878608
>All this content from a game 10 years older then this one
>What could have been in 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WeX41WfOsY
>>
>>321879107
I'm not angry this got cancelled. I'm just really sad
>>
>>321879107
>>321879195
You know that got canceled because they WEREN'T FUCKING MAKING IT right? Free Radical made that tech demo, and that's it. They were siphoning funds from LucasArts to make Haze.

Game would never have seen the light of day even without disney and EA
>>
I only played this twice at my friend's house, but it wasn't that great of an experience. It has like 5 maps that you can learn in 2 minutes each. Boring 5v5 matches. There are only 6 heroes in the entire game. The guns are uninteresting.

I had fun playing the game mode where 3 people on each team become heroes every round, but if you asked me to play that right now it does not look appealing.

Also, no campaign. One of my favorite parts of Battlefront 2 and Renegade Squadron (the only 2 Battlefront games I've played, and put hundreds of hours into) were the campaigns.
>>
>>321879107
>most of those maps are just linear hallways with no air vehicles
>space battles are boring static maps that are all the same besides background colors

BFII is a great game but people like it had more content than it actually did
>>
>>321879317
You got a source there champ?
>>
>>321879457
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2014/02/12/fall-of-the-empire-how-inner-turmoil-brought-down-a-legendary-studio.aspx

Page 2 or 3 talks about how Free Radical was missing every single deadline and was making Haze instead
>>
>>321878304
Plenty of servers on Gameranger.
>>
>>321879405
People only claim that it has a shitton more content than the new Battlefront. And they're absolutely right.
>>
>hurr durr it's Battlefield

Wasn't that the whole point of Battlefront since the first game?
>>
>>321879616
BOOSH
(Haze is so bad, oh my god)
>>
>>321878614

Because you have to use microtransactions.

It says that on the box, you know? "You must spend more money on this game than you paid for in order to enjoy it"
>>
>>321875904
>heroes feel like shit
>heroes are cards on the ground
>so are vehicles
>guns are samey
>dl-44
>walker assault feels mundane and anticlimactic
>all the game modes feel meh
>no classes
>no galactic conquest
>missions are inflatedly long and extremely boring
>dlc
>EA
>dice
>maps are extremely open yet still feel like a giant corridor
>no space battles
>aircraft feel like shit
>engine doesn't even feel as good as older shooters
>customization for your character is just taking off the helmet
>it's not fun
>>
>>321876687
You are a fucking faggot. Huge ground battles is what battlefield is, and this game is not that. You have not played one of the two, because bf4 is god tier compared to the pile of shit battlefront is. Its more comparable to Halo or COD. Saying its a reskinned Battlefield is tarnishing the battlefield name.
>>
>>321880518
Even if you intentionally gimped yourself and didn't preorder or buy the season pass, the game still isn't worth $60. It should have been F2P with the amount of content it had.
>>
>>321875904
because
its not a good fps it is extremely shallow with no real skill ceiling
its not a good star wars game, it pretty much ignores canon and does what it wants, no star wars fan likes that

It is good as a casual time waster but guess what? FPS fans do not want that, Star Wars fan do not want that, only the "nerds" want that, you know the people who are only into star wars because episode 7 is coming out
>>
>>321877626
The game will be dead before the second DLC comes out, so its a waste of money to get the season pass.
>>
>>321877258
>If it played exactly the same but without the Star Wars name, models, sound effects, characters, etc. it would have tanked so hard.
that is the biggest problem, it does not play like star wars it just looks like it and has sound effects and music from it, everything else is generic sci fi.

>thats exactly what star wars is
I mean like they missed the whole point of the battle on hoth, they missed the point of endor. the only ones I can not complain about are Jakku sulest and tattooine because there is just nothing to bash them on until someone decides to make a story about the battles there and ignore Battlefront
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.