[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lately there has been a lot of threads about how shitty Dark
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 15
File: ds2.jpg (493 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
ds2.jpg
493 KB, 1920x1200
Lately there has been a lot of threads about how shitty Dark Souls 2 is, you mouthbreathing chucklefucks think your funny dont you?

Dark souls 2 has
>Better actual coherent story as you unravel the mystery of what happened to a missing monarch and his kingdom.

> Actual new game plus and not simply health and damage increases for enemies.

> No shit bosses like Asylum Demon reskinned twice, bed of chaos.

> Better NPCs.

> More Build diversity.

So enough shit talking its objectively better then the other souls games.
>>
>>321871281
>darksouls
>>
We get it you have shit taste no need to make a thread about it.
>>
>>321871281
But the combat feels like trash, so all of that is irrelevant. Dark souls > literal shit > Dark Souls 2
>>
File: 1449545651610.jpg (15 KB, 245x200) Image search: [Google]
1449545651610.jpg
15 KB, 245x200
>>321871681
Combat feels fine there is no major major difference between combat between DS1 and DS2 so I fail to see your point.
>>
>>321871281
>>Better actual coherent story as you unravel the mystery of what happened to a missing monarch and his kingdom.
Almost the same story as DaS1
>> Actual new game plus and not simply health and damage increases for enemies.
Wow, some red phantoms strwen around. Amazing
>> No shit bosses like Asylum Demon reskinned twice, bed of chaos.
Pursuer 3 times
Dragon Rider twice
Giant Lord twice
Quelaag reskinned
Sif reskinned
Congregation

>> Better NPCs.
Grumpy Blacksmith/Andre
Milentia /Male Female/Undead Merchant
Benhart/Seigmyer
Patches/Pate Lautrec/Cale

>> More Build diversity.
Yeah I guess with Hexes and shit.

Not much improvement really
>>
>>321872434
Nope new weapons, red phantoms, item placements new encounters with certain spider bosses.
>Implying those Pursuer encounters aren't the same as the Capra Demons becoming normal enemies and not real boss fights.
>>
>>321872030

60fps makes the parry window so fucking small.
>>
File: 1449613774007.jpg (8 KB, 261x183) Image search: [Google]
1449613774007.jpg
8 KB, 261x183
>>321872808
parrying is overrated.
>>
File: 1392773315746.png (434 KB, 900x620) Image search: [Google]
1392773315746.png
434 KB, 900x620
>Soul Memory.
>Cracked orbs only
>Dem graphics.
>Elevator to magic sky volcano.
>No memorable NPCs.
>Difficulty consists of throwing 8 enemies at you at once in every single room.

Nah, it was shit. Stop trying to be so contrarian. Blunderborne was just as bad, but in its own way
>>
>then

This has been spreading and it really shows just how retarded all of you are.

Dark Souls 2 is OBJECTIVELY the worst Souls game, but it is still a good game.
>>
>>321872969
>blunder borne

Why do you lie like this pcuck?
>>
>>321871281
nope
nope
lol
nope
lol
>>
File: 1449555569424.jpg (7 KB, 227x222) Image search: [Google]
1449555569424.jpg
7 KB, 227x222
>Soul Memory
agreed shitty but they learned form their mistakes I hope they had good intentions.

The volcano should have just been reversed so you go underground to lava :/ it has no real impact on the game however and is one tiny little thing and still better than Lost Izalith.

>Benheart
>Sweet Shalquoir
>Emerald Herald
>no memorable npcs
>>
>>321873151
Bloodborne was really dumbed down
-less content
-less weapons
-shitty grindy dungeons in place of content
-less build diversity
Just was a major step back,.
>>
File: dsgsgsadfg.jpg (423 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dsgsgsadfg.jpg
423 KB, 1920x1080
hi
>>
>>321873151
>Its impossible to dislike BB.

Just fuck off dude
>>
>>321872969
>>Difficulty consists of throwing 8 enemies at you at once in every single room.

This is the only thing I really dislike about the 2nd one.
>>
>>321871281
Nice bait. I'll go along with it just for (You), hopefully we can turn this into a decent thread with actual discussion instead of a bunch of shitposting. Also I haven't played DeS or BB so this will just be comparisons between DaS and DaS2.

>Better actual coherent story as you unravel the mystery of what happened to a missing monarch and his kingdom.
That's debatable. DaS2 dumbed down a lot of the story mechanics and gave it to you straight instead of letting you discover it while still being mysterious.

>Actual new game plus and not simply health and damage increases for enemies.
Both DaS and DaS2 have basically the same NG+. You conveniently didn't mention gravelording in DaS, which is also included in another way in DaS2.

>No shit bosses like Asylum Demon reskinned twice, bed of chaos.
Sorry but this is such fucking obvious bait. I'm not even going to go into detail about the travesties that were the majority of DaS2 bosses (Ancient Dragon, more Pursuers...)

>Better NPCs.
Again, debatable. Both DaS and DaS2 had good and bad NPCs (although DaS2 straight up copied the characters like Andre and crestfallen warrior, still not sure why other than lack of creativity)

>More Build diversity.
If by "diversity" you mean the bullshit that s ADP, a stat that literally just gives you more iframes, then sure.

You didn't mention anything about the broken PvP (shit netcode, no full orbs), the lack of decent looking armors/equipment, the (subjectively) worse soundtrack and poor game balance (cheesing PvE with hexes).
>>
File: problematic.jpg (3 KB, 123x125) Image search: [Google]
problematic.jpg
3 KB, 123x125
>>321873459
fucking triggered, the only redeeming factor of this area is that the boss is pretty easy
>>
>>321873405
>>321873405
To each their own I guess. I like the variety of the weapons and how each one feels like two separate weapons for the most part, also people never mention it but the move sets are way more intricate in bloodborne and the room for combos is huge and varied. As far as all content is concerned I disagree minus the npcs which felt a little lacking sometimes. Chalice dungeons are alright but yeah they're underwhelming and it kinda sucks that they give you crazy op gems that allow you to slaughter other players in two hits with crazy fast weapons. As far as content and weapons go the dlc definitely improved it to the point where it is just better than dark souls in my opinion, but I understand that saying "you just gotta buy the dlc" isn't really a good excuse.

It's still obvious that you didn't play it though so I don't know why you feel inclined to talk about it
>>
>>321873903
The worst bosses of DS2 are stil better than butterfly, centipede demon, and bed of chaos. They don't have the same NG+ just from a content point DaS has the same item placements, encounters ect its strictly worse in regards to presenting something "new".
>>
>>321872808
That's a good thing. It was ridiculously easy in DS1. Use a buckler if you want your training wheels back.
>>
File: 1449589826301.jpg (65 KB, 436x441) Image search: [Google]
1449589826301.jpg
65 KB, 436x441
>>321874092
I actually bought my Ps4 for it and played about 50ish hours. It was fun and I still have good memories but it was a disappointment in a lot of ways. It felt like it was way too short comparatively to other Souls games andfeel slike they scrapped main game content and replaced it with Chalice Dungeons.
>>
>>321874269
Nothing wrong with butterfly other than it stomps sword and board players early in the game
>>
Dark Souls 2 is many small steps forward and a couple large steps back from Dark Souls. /v/ just shittalks it due to the "if it's not 10/10 it's shit" mentality.
>>
File: L O L.gif (3 MB, 264x240) Image search: [Google]
L O L.gif
3 MB, 264x240
>>321874269
>The worst bosses of DaS2 are still better than Butterfly, Centipede, and Bed

L O L
O
L

Centipede is literally one of the best bosses in DaS1, what the fuck are you on about
>>
>>321873459
I just hid behind a pillar and killed them with my crossbow.
Usually that would make a cheap bitch but since they're filthy magic users, it's fine.
>>
>>321872808
FPS has nothing to do with the parry window.

Parry startup frames start later in the animation in DS2. Where the frames are depend on the class of shield but they are never from frame 1.

DS1 parries are frame 1.

DS1 parries are superior.
>>
>disliking bed of chaos
When will this meme end?
>>
>>321871281
Your grammar is too bad to take you seriously.
>>
File: 1449510691383.jpg (201 KB, 690x518) Image search: [Google]
1449510691383.jpg
201 KB, 690x518
>>321874560
Your defending that generic piece of shit boss? Will you defend Ceaseless Discharge too?
>>
File: 1449382954510.png (350 KB, 576x700) Image search: [Google]
1449382954510.png
350 KB, 576x700
>>321874854
Content over grammar, unless your incapable of reading?
>>
File: 1451362207665.jpg (50 KB, 712x472) Image search: [Google]
1451362207665.jpg
50 KB, 712x472
>Darksouls 2 pvp
>Ice Rapier
>R2R2R2R2
>>
>>321874461
Yeah I mean when I played it the first time I beat over half the bosses on my first try including like bsb and some other bosses that are usually considered really difficult, which only happened a couple times in dark souls. However, unlike dark souls I wasn't able to completely trivialize and cheese every single boss, instead the game plays so well that once you get in to the groove it's like some kickass death dance every time you fight and that's what really makes it the best imo. I mean you don't have to cheese dark souls but it's really easy to get an op weapon that just takes bosses out in under a minute whereas bloodborne has you constantly on your toes cuz the boss is rarely just one hit away from death.
>>
DS2 is just horribly lazy and a halfhearted attempt at a sequel.

>Reused/reskinned bosses from DS1
>The new bosses are reused later in the game
>Upgrade ember can only be found late into the game, locking you out of customization for a good while
>ADP and Soul Memory, two things that weren't needed at all and ruined everything
>Online is still fucking broken
>DLC out the ass
>Enemies are on turntables and almost always attack in packs
>Whips are still shit
>>
>>321874893
Ceaseless is bland, the fight takes 30 seconds no matter what you do. No, I won't defend that.

Centipede has the perfect fucking buildup and atmosphere tho
>>
>>321872030
There is a major difference because combat in DkS2 is much "heavier" and slow than DkS1.
>>
>>321871281
It's the best game in the series handsdown.

You have to remember that this place is ground zero for the mega cancer that is eating away at this community, you cannot legitimately discuss this series here anymore.
>>
>>321875284
>This place is cancer when everyone's opinion doesn't match mine!
>>
>>321874984
Or spam the regular horizontal slash for any greatsword. Not even joking, the majority of my invasions where I used a greatsword (was smelter sword), literally all I did was spam R1. People instinctively roll to avoid it, but they always get caught on the second or third slash because of the iframe timing. They will exit a roll and head straight into a sword to the face.

The only difficulty I had was with mages that run away and spam magic, but then you just chase them and whack them as they cast. Just takes slightly longer. Greatswords are OP. Or maybe people are just dumb.
>>
I actually found the demon of song pretty fucking hard, it hits like a monster truck and it just keeps fucking attacking and there's very few moments where you can get a few good shots in. It's attacks are easy to dodge though, it's just hitting the thing that's a bitch
>>
>>321871281
I finished DaS2 four times and I still don't know what the fuck that game's about. Some bullshit about some kimg fighting giants. Anyway, who cares about a story in a souls game?

The only game with a comprehensible story was Demon's Souls
>yo, there's this demon that came to eat shit
>we have to kill demons to give him souls to eat
>kill the demons, give him his souls, he fucks off
>>
>>321872030
Hitboxes are trash, even compared to other souls games, as if they weren't bad enough. I dare to to hit a crystal gecko in DaS2 and not get mad, holy shit.
>>
>>321871281
I just started playing it and I'm a little over half way through. To me it's pretty much as good as Dark Souls 1, I also haven't encountered any areas as shitty as Lost Izalith yet.
Only complaint so far is that I've had a bit of an easy time with the bosses, beat most of them on first or second try so far.
>>
>>321875128
My own complaints to add onto this anon's post
>Heavy, slow combat
>Enemies have little to no windows to attack them resulting in trading hits or incredibly boring encounters
>I-frames tied to a stat
>Equip load tied to a stat
>Horrendous covenants
>Lazy uninspired bosses
>Horrendous enemy tracking
>Hitboxes
>Boring areas

DS2 had some great ideas but it really does feel like the team making it simply tried to make it legitimately artificially difficult. The entire game feels sparse and loosely connected, voice acting was top notch though.

played all games
Bloodborne = Dark Souls > Demon Souls > Dark Souls 2
>>
>>321875759
Bloodborne's is pretty easy to follow.

>Aliens come to Earth
>Many years later, humans discover aliens and their cure-all blood
>Turns out the blood has super AIDS and everyone is infected
>There are lynch fests where the infected are murdered and burned
>You're one of the lynchers, go and fuck everything furry and/or slimy up
>>
>>321871281
As much as this is probably a bait post, I actually enjoy Dark Souls 2 a lot, and roughly as much as I enjoyed Dark Souls 1.

I think the amount of people shitting on it for the relatively small flaws it has just makes the inner hipster inside me like it more.
>>
>>321876098
>>Equip load tied to a stat

Wasn't equip burden always tied to a stat?
>>
>>321875659
I had the same since my main weapon had little reach.
On my second try I just took the gargoyle spear and poked it to death.
>>
>>321876098
The best thing about DS2 was the item that resets your level to 0.

I hope it's in DS3, as well.
>>
>>321876264
not an individual stat, tied to END in das1
>>
>>321871281
>Shit hitboxes

>Worst graphics

>Terrible lore

>"Le Dark souls is hard amirite ? XD" developers

game is shit fuck off.
>>
>>321876264
I think he means a different stat, it used to just scale along with endurance but they made it it's own stat for no reason
>>
>>321876297
As I said there were some really good ideas
>Ability to fall down ladders
>Rush through doors
>Reset builds
>Powerstance
>Disguise as phantoms
>Teleport from the get-go
>Neat in-level mechanics such as the dragon's/drake's eggs

Doesn't really excuse how burnt I was by the game though but I'm really hoping this stuff comes back in das3.
>>
>>321876324
The problem with that is that END is too good in that game. Might have been overly nerfed but I think it's still better in 2.
>>
>tfw getting tons of souls that I don't want to use for leveling because I don't want to be too high level to be summoned by people so I just buy boss armours I never wear.
>>
>>321871281
It has less story than DS1. "Undead, I'm Emerald Herald. Go meet the king, he's a big guy. Why? I dunno, just go."
>Actual new game plus and not simply health and damage increases for enemies.
Too bad the game is so shit there's no reason to replay it.
>No shit bosses
LMAO
Not only some bosses are complete rehashes of DS1, the rest are either a joke or mob rush. Each and every vanilla boss is fucking TRASH. Only DLCs have couple good bosses.
>Better NPCs
Better summons and invaders, that I agree with. Friendly NPCs are horribly boring and unlikable.
>More Build diversity
lol, enjoy playing the game as anything but STR or HEX character. Lets see how that rapier will help ya in the room with 10 enemies that rush you.
>>
>>321876976
This, Soul Memory was a terrible idea. It seems good in theory but having to deliberately restrict your gameplay just to be in the right range is bullshit. An example:
>put all souls into leveling
>quite a high level, but comparatively quite low SM
>surrounded by noobs online
Alternatively:
>farm souls to buy things like armor/items
>be at a relatively low level but have shitloads of SM
>constantly surrounded by higher level players online

It's just not balanced. It's more of a hindrance than anything else.
>>
I liked DS2 in terms of narrative a little bit more than DS1, particularly the bits they added with the DLC. The Ivory King, probably the most badass character in the canon, the Iron King's descent and subsequent betrayal by his trusted #2 Alonne, and the IMMORTAL UNDEAD that you turn into with the alternate ending (I really hope they work this in for DS3).

This isn't counting some of the stuff they did really damn well like Nashandra's entire story arc, Vendrick's struggle with her and his cowardice, everything Aldia (Aldia is cool), the true Ancient Dragon's demise and the subsequent destruction of the archtrees (something that is still super mysterious to fucking everyone), and the Emerald Herald's twisted origin story.

Sure there were a few things that stung but overall I felt the narrative was really well presented while at the same time not losing its mysterious quality that Deso and DS1 presented.

In terms of combat the game is so fucking close to being identical, it's really funny seeing people get in arms about some really minute changes. I can relate with soul memory though, that was a big mistake.

The world they crafted isn't as interesting as DS1 though I have to admit, a lot of that ties into how jagged some of the transitions are. Things typically make sense when you travel in DS1, in comparison.
>>
>>321873305
What is gavlan?
>>
File: 1449513700431.jpg (29 KB, 344x291) Image search: [Google]
1449513700431.jpg
29 KB, 344x291
>>321877302
Your charecter suffering from a curse hears of a mighty kindom that may have a cure for him. He travels to this kingdom is told to seek the king and his journey unfolds.

> Sweet Shaliqour=unlikable
>>
>>321877483
I feel like they could have fixed by just tying it to souls spent.
>>
I'm playing through for the first time, when should I do the DLC areas story wise?
When I get the keys or later?
>>
File: 1449550557044.png (88 KB, 334x247) Image search: [Google]
1449550557044.png
88 KB, 334x247
>>321877813
Wheel and deal my friend
>>
>>321877914
you can probably go and do it around when you find vendrick the first time around, that's pretty much the gate to all the endgame content.

you can do it whenever you get a key if you want, you may have a few tough encounters though.
>>
>>321877941
>makes a logarious wheel build
>names him Gavlan

I love bloodborne.
>>
>>321872434
Congregation was a boss?
>>
>>321871281
Just bought Dark Souls II recently, used, right before Christmas.

It's a mixed bag. In some things I liked DaS and DeS better, in others DaS II was an improvement. Just beat The Pursuer and I'm on my way to the Bastille....it's an ok game. So far it does feel like the weaker Souls game but it's not that bad.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.