[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did you quit /v/? When did it become boring to you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 13
File: Darias.jpg (48 KB, 445x452) Image search: [Google]
Darias.jpg
48 KB, 445x452
When did you quit /v/?
When did it become boring to you?
>>
>>321866053
You really are a class A faggot arent you? Why the hell would you post a thread about quitting /v/ expecting someone who has already quit /v/ to answer.
>>
>>321866151

Whoops, I meant quit LoL.
>>
>>321866053

A bit over a year ago, and even before then i barely played except sometimes when friends wanted.

I should have quit in 2011 when Tencent bought them up and started changing the game drastically, never trust the Chinese.
>>
>>321866053
As soon as I convinced my friends to switch to Dota. Since they only want to play ASSFAGGOTS all day, at least now we play something a little more interesting.
>>
>>321866053
I moved on to Dota a few months ago actually. I really dislike the direction they are going with the game - more team oriented gameplay. I was pretty highly ranked, hovering around Diamond 3 and 2 EUW, Master on EUNE but decided to quit. The biggest problem right now for me is that one person can't win the match but one person can lose the match.
>>
>>321866053
I quit for about 3 years but my family got me a ps4 this Christmas and it kinda reconnected my love correct vidya.
>>
>>321866695
this
this so much
>>
File: broken.jpg (45 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
broken.jpg
45 KB, 600x800
>>321866462

>tell friends about new interesting games or ones that are on sale that we can play
>"nah were just gonna play assfaggots it takes less time"
>then they spend 3 hours playing and being mad

Moba genre took all my friends away from me.
>>
>>321866695
Dota is literally the same thing though, as with all MOBAs
>>
>>321866838
It's not. In Dota 2 you can solo carry pretty hard even if your supports are feeding
>>
>>321866792
I get your pain.

I found that if I play along with them I can convince them to play something else once in a while but they will always come back to dem assfaggots.

I have fun playing with them anyway, if only they didn't rage so much.
>>
>>321866838
Not really.
>>
>>321866695
>>321866776
In addition it's really sad because I really like the new champions they've been putting out since a year or two ago
>>
LoL was incredible the first 1-2 years after release.
They implemented mechanics and bullshit that made this game so fucking awful.
Not to mention that this game is absolutely not competitive. No one starts the same lvl.
Runes/Masteries can make you overpower someone else super easily.
And all those shitty new items clusterfuckin each other.
The jungle/support meta is horrible cancer. People are fucking raping each other for doing something you want to do that is slighty "different"

If I ever play moba again then only dota. Remains the only true competitive game that isnt fucked left and right

TL:DR
The only fun I had in this game again was with scripting. Lost my 10k games account due to ban but I couldnt give less shit.
>>
>>321867136
that's not exactly my case, they've been releasing more humans lately, nearly no monsters at all
>>
Meh, I still play it like once a month. I don't take it seriously anymore.

I realized that it was time consuming and I was missing other great vidya all these years.

Viktor still rocks though.
>>
>>321866243
>LoL
Fuck off.
>>
>>321867301
>nearly no monsters at all
I think they've actually made more monsters recently. Rek'sai, Tahm, Gnar and Kindred as well.
>>
>>321867417
other than Rek Sai, they are more closer to humanoids than monsters

when I say monsters I say Cho gath, Vel Koz, Scarner, stuff like that
>>
File: 1432566874196.jpg (313 KB, 1980x1764) Image search: [Google]
1432566874196.jpg
313 KB, 1980x1764
>>321866053
Quit two years ago. It was the best decision of my life. It became boring to me when I realized I hated playing it and I hated myself for getting caught up in it.
>>
>>321866053
every game is the same, the forced meta is fucking boring, if you arnt rdy to copypaste spam MID MID MID or TOP TOP TOP you will be forced to be a support bitch because you cant play a diffirent game because of forced meta by developers.

atleast in dota you can do whatever the fuck you want with the lane setups, and it can still work
>>
When I birthed a child
>>
>>321866838

No not really.
>>321866695
>one person can't win the match but one person can lose the match.
This.
Solo carries and pubstomping has been all but removed from LoL. It makes total sense of paper but but it's actually a nightmare in practice.

Instead of focusing on pewning scruubs, now you have to focus on being nice and polite to the 4 fucking motherfuckers on your team who, if 1 dude throws a hissyfit, will utterly destroy your chances of winning.

Your #1 priority now is make sure everyone is nice to each other and I didn't sign up to play Kindergarten Teacher Simulator.
>>
>>321867642
Tell me more
>>
>>321866792
I feel you, all my friends want to play CSGO, they sit there all day just playing it, i stopped talking to them on teamspeak because they just rage or tell me to stfu if they are playing, and i don't have any other friends

Godamn it, why did competitive gaming become popular
>>
>>321866053
i quit when the meta became ap mid solo top, jungler ad carry/support bot

it was also the same time they started reworking champions so that they could only be built one way
>>
>>321866053
About 4 months ago, but all my friends still play it :(
>>
>>321866053
I don't like how much and how often they change the balance, the runes, the masteries, the everything. It's becoming more and more like a MMO where FOTM champions are like FOTM classes.

My friends don't play it much anymore, I guess only kids who first got into "PC gaming" last year still play it
>>
>>321866053
2 years ago, it's like a part of me is missing
>>
>>321868820

I miss Pantheon Taric kill lane bot, first kill every match. I miss AP Yi and even old AP Sion. I miss solo queue Shaco.

I miss fun things, balanced sure as hell not but fun, but the thing is you can't have fun and a competitive game.
>>
File: vUvUX2aYe6k[1].jpg (31 KB, 604x396) Image search: [Google]
vUvUX2aYe6k[1].jpg
31 KB, 604x396
Around early 2012 when I got my Dota 2 beta key
>>
>>321867296
No, LoL was fucking horrible the first 1-2 years after release, stop with this bullshit. It's much better now than it's ever been, as far as casual games go. I couldn't give less of a shit about ranked and esports though
>>
>>321866273
>started changing the game drastically
Same shit it always was.
>>
>>321867617
>playing blind pick
At the level where this is the only mode you have access to the meta doesn't fucking matter.
>>
Move to Dota because the meta in LoL is fucking retarded. Supports are fucking ward bitches in LoL. At least in Dota you can still do something
>>
>>321870765
>Supports are fucking ward bitches in LoL
I think you're talking about Dota, in LoL especially now the supports earn nearly as much gold as the solo lanes because of the support items that were introduced a few years ago

In Dota the 5. pos support is literally a ward bitch, it's a miracle if they even complete a magic wand before minute 10
>>
I quit after they've revealed the new rift.
I got back in a week ago and it's awful
>>
>>321870765
You got that backwards, anon.
>>
>>321866053
Level 13 or 14, the bots were stupid and players even worse.
>>
File: Crime Type 04.png (4 MB, 2160x3840) Image search: [Google]
Crime Type 04.png
4 MB, 2160x3840
>>321871138
Never started, too busy making girls dance.
>>
File: Hideo-Kojima.jpg (253 KB, 1679x931) Image search: [Google]
Hideo-Kojima.jpg
253 KB, 1679x931
>>321866053
Started really playing around three years ago, after HoN. Didn't get to level 30 first time around. Some time later got to level 30 and just messed around in normals. Played on and off for two years. Started playing ranked a couple of months ago and in plat now. Haven't felt like playing in some time now. If CSGO didn't implement that stupid shit with having to "level up" before you could play ranked I'd still mess around with that every once in a while, but I can't be bothered to grind the other lame game modes.
>>
I'm playing since 2011 fairly regularly. I had breaks where I would stop for a few months but I always return. I play normal games with friends and it's fun.
But if I ever lose access to my account with 2 rune pages and all masteries and about 50 champions, I'd never play the game again, it's such a huge grind that it's completely understandable that new players don't want to play it. Riot obviously knows that, there's 128 champions currently and they seem to be releasing a new one as well judging by latest teasers.
So all Riot has to do is keep the old players interested until the game slowly dies in 2-3 years
>>
When my friends stopped playing
>>
>>321871863
They could EASILY have even more people playing if they made an effort instead of sitting on their asses all day making more shitty skins. The client is complete garbage and the whole leveling system is horseshit.
>>
>>321872061
>The client is complete garbage and the whole leveling system is horseshit.
They're releasing a new client when Season 6 starts in a month or two and they've already tested different ways to make the leveling less of a pain. For example they used Ruskies as guinea pigs and experimented doubling XP gains. They'll probably implement something like that when the new client is released
>>
I quit around the time they released Ecco or whoever the black guy with the sword is.

It just got so tedious and if you stopped playing for like 2 weeks you'd return to find the viability of all the champions and builds you used to play and use change completely.

I don't see how anyone who wants to be anyway good at that game would have the time for that unless they're unemployed.
>>
>>321872341
Well, that sounds good. Anything about changing the way rune pages work? Or champion costs?

>>321872367
You do have to pretty much stay in touch with it and keep updated to have a chance. Still, even after taking a longer break it won't be hard to get back to where you used to be at.
>>
>>321866053
Boring after season 2. Quit middle of july this year. Dota 2 very rarely now.
>>
>>321872509
>Anything about changing the way rune pages work? Or champion costs?
Not really, most people don't see rune pages as a problem although they did reduce the price of the basic rune sets so you only have to play a few games to get a full page. You only need two rune sets which work for pretty much everything

Champion costs are being reduced as new champions get released
>>
>>321872745
They reduced the runes but not the rune pages, I think they're 6300, so you either have to get a champion or a new page.
>Champion costs are being reduced as new champions get released
Yeah but there's so fucking many which are 6300 and that takes ages to get. And then especially if you're starting a new account.
>>
i dont even know what the fuck is your obscure pic shit game is
>>
>>321873040
League of Legends.
>>
>>321872957
>that takes ages to get. And then especially if you're starting a new account.
Yeah that's true. I've had all the champions for years now and pretty much all runes except the noobie traps like the energy gain runes and still have around 150k IP left so I can't really relate to your problem
>>
After my first match of Dota 2.
>>
>>321873195
I started a new account on NA and it's such a fucking pain to level up. And then you can't even jungle and you pretty much have to play the free rotation champions, which in the case of this week for me I don't like any of the ones available.
It's so strange they don't allow you to delete runes. On my main I have some tier 2 I bought when I was starting out and they're just there filling up space now.
>>
>>321873451
>I started a new account on NA and it's such a fucking pain to level up.
I have 6 smurf accounts but I used Bot of Legends. They've started banning bot accounts but my accounts are still safe
>>
>>321866053
Played the tutorial when I got a beta key. Turned out to be a typical assfaggots game like League of Legends that my old group of friends only played. Immediately Alt+F4ed and uninstalled it. Noticed one of my new friends spent 2,000 hours on the piece of shit game. To this day, he still defends himself while moving from it to CS: GO and then to Dirty Bomb.

Trying my best to steer current group of friends away from competitive gaming and early access because it only results in them getting shitty all the time at those sorts of games. And if anything, I just want to enjoy ourselves and laugh together. They're also still hyped for Star Citizen even though early access has been proven countless times to be a shitty idea.
Only game I'm really enjoying is Vermintide except my friends can't understand tactics and insist of playing with either a bot or random.
Because one of our group members is busy with his studies even though he's just getting drunk with SJW classmates.
>>
>>321873639
>Bot of Legends
Never heard of it. I hope the changes they're doing makes it overall easier to get through though.
>>
File: 1448309369596.jpg (47 KB, 473x315) Image search: [Google]
1448309369596.jpg
47 KB, 473x315
>don't play league anymore but the only 2 people I have left in this world that I can call "friend" do

>login and gift them a few skins for their favorite champions

>Not even a single thank you
>>
>>321873916
It's basically just a script program which can grind bot games for you. Leave it on for a few days and bam you have a level 30 account with tons of IP to spend
>I hope the changes they're doing makes it overall easier to get through though.
That's what they're aiming for, yes. Read up on Surrender at 20 if you're interested, they have lots of red post collections from Riot's Q&A sessions or regular forum posts
>>
>>321866243
You should quit /v/
>>
>>321866053
A couple years ago when I realized I didn't care for graphics and just wanted high action gameplay with bright colors and zero edge.
>>
>>321866053
yakuza, touhu and dark souls threads+ technology threads are holding my attention. the question is for how long
>>
>>321874650
Pretty sure OP meant to say
>When did you quit, /v/?
>>
>>321866053
the moment i played against a memehulk shyvana

never playing this shit game ever again fuck the chink developers and their retarded mechanics

"let's make an item that deals a fuckton of passive damage and gives you % extra health xD i'm sure everyone will love dying to it"
>>
>>321866053
3 years ago after 1 year of playing

game was fun for 4 months and then every fucking game felt the same

towards the end me and my two friends did stuff like pick 3 bruisers and just fuck up the entire meta

not only did people get angry in our team but also in the other team(!) because lanes didnt work the same way as they usually do

hated that community more than hon's shitshow
>>
>>321872341
took them 6 fucking years to make a client that might be better than a client from 2003
>>
A couple weeks after my friends convinced me to try it. Matches are too fucking long.
>>
>>321875370
>Matches are too fucking long.
How long ago was this? Now they're around 20-35 on average. Before the season ended they were longer.
>>
>>321866053
Around the time the other playmodes started getting flooded with bots.
>>
>>321875370
>>321875790
Not him but low level/beginner matches tend to strech to the 60 minute mark because neither team knows how to end the game and keep going on lanes until they die
>>
>>321876075
Oh right that's true.
>>
File: The Listening.jpg (295 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
The Listening.jpg
295 KB, 1280x720
Around the start of Preseason 6. I've had on and off spells in the past but Season 5 was my first genuine attempt at climbing ranked and it made me want to saw my head off. But even in normals I just....don't have fun with the game. I can handle not being good at something, but learning is a process that can be fun on its own. Learning and playing League are really tedious and eventually I just realized that MOBAs are not for me. I'm not a team player and it's made worse in League because you have to fake being nice to everyone because all it takes is one person to ruin your experience.
>>
>>321877981
duelyst is a shit game
>>
>all the douchebags who got into video games because it went mainsream are finally leaving
Good, hopefully we can still salvage the mess you cocksuckers made of the whole thing, hopefully the new "cool hobby to pick up because everyone else is doing it!" is surfing, so you assholes can go into the ocean and finally drown.
>>
Started playing when Akali was released(favourite champion). Stopped around about Syndra or Diana release. Was sick of playing to farm IP for runes, rune pages and champions, rather than for fun or challenge.

Riot nerfing everything that didn't fit the meta (Urgot anticarry, kill lanes in bottom). Losing games slowly because you got a little behind in gold and both teams scaled at the same rate (can't smoke or farm stacks like in dota to comeback, both teams' carries scale almost equally).

Dota still has a lot of problems but I don't think it's quite as bad as LoL.
>>
File: Stars'_Fury.png (78 KB, 264x334) Image search: [Google]
Stars'_Fury.png
78 KB, 264x334
>>321878684
Y-you too

>>321879921
Joke's on you faggot the only reason I even started playing League is because my computer couldn't run DotA2 at the time. Besides if I'm going to be bad at something I'd rather it be at games that are actually fun like fighters or shmups than the shitshow that is League of Legends.
>>
>>321866053
2 years ago
most of my friends still play it
>join ts
>always autistic fits about missed ganks and shit teamfights
>it's still fun to play anon, why don't you play a round with us?

mfw they went so far off the deep end they don't even care about the game anymore and just need to fill the void
>>
>>321874724
nobody in this thread quit v because everybody in here is posting on v
what is your point, trying to act smart i see. you need to be smart first, just saying.
>>
MOBA is a retarded name anyway.
>>
One or two years ago after I reached 1000 won coop matches versus bots. Hadn't touched ranked.
Sold account to a kid.
>>
>>321866053
After the huge wave of boosters got banned and rewards were stripped. I boosted a little bit but riot is fucking stupid and I'm done with their shit
>>
Earlier this year. I grinded ranked games like hell trying to get diamond, couldn't get further than plat 2, got burned out and quit.
>>
File: Yakuza-3.jpg (206 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Yakuza-3.jpg
206 KB, 1280x720
I was bored for a good few years to be quite honest. About 2 months ago though, I emulated the first Yakuza game. Haven't looked back since, it quickly became one of my favorite series of all time.
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.