[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i've dropped quake live like the sack of shit it is hows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: reflex logo.jpg (262 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
reflex logo.jpg
262 KB, 1920x1080
i've dropped quake live like the sack of shit it is
hows reflex? far enough along in early access to be playable and fun?
>>
Some of the commonly played maps aren't detailed yet, and some planned features like matchmaking haven't made it in yet. Other than that its 100% playable.
>>
Probably the best of the current shooters.
Quake live is garbage now, Toxxik was always garbage and has no support or players.
Tribes Ascend has some life again, but who knows when they're going to fuck it up again.
>>
>>321857310
>>321857610
alright i'll probably get the 4 pack before the sale ends and give it to some mates
>>
Haven't been on in a while what happened to quake live
>>
>>321856739
some maps are missing textures, but its biggest problem is the player count is very consistent at the moment but you should def be able to find players around peak time. Let there be no doubt this plays nearly 1:1 with quake. its fun as hell
>>
>>321858376
I meant to say player count ISN'T very consistent
>>
COME PLAY UNREAL TOURNAMENT, ANON!
>>
>>321856739
unfinished, devs are more interested in adding more holiday themed bullshits instead of actually adding some fucking textures or ammo or other features. its basically cpma-lite at this point and almost nothing has been accomplished in nearly a year

i hate how every map is required to use ugly fucking meshes. also they removed the one thing that made it unique, the spike gun
>>
>>321858276
poorfags are assblasted that it costs 10 dollars

non-poorfags are confused as to why quake live still exists when its nearly exactly the same thing as quake 3 now (since the whole point was to be a free2play version of quake 3)
>>
>>321859718
Quake 3's master servers are down ain't they
Have to use some kind of fancy program to find em and they're few in number
Unless I've been missing somethin
>>
>>321859831
quake 3 gold edition on GOG has a bunch of servers. I see way more people playing on them then on cpma servers currently.

most have moved to quake live or reflex
>>
>>321859831
use a source port like ioquake3. servers seem to work out of box, though you wont find many with people. the only servers ive found with actual people were CROM servers and even those can have bots when nobody is playing.

the problem with quake 3 is that bots are reported as people and every server has 30 idlers who wont ever play who also count as people in the server browser. the one clear step up in quake live is the server browser which i think is worth it
>>
File: 1420895198537.png (181 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1420895198537.png
181 KB, 400x400
>>321859979
>>321860329
We're never going to get 3wave ctf maps with 30 people per team again are we
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.