[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did Season 2 suck so hard?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 24
File: latest_1.png (1 MB, 768x895) Image search: [Google]
latest_1.png
1 MB, 768x895
Why did Season 2 suck so hard?
>>
>>321848410
Different writers worked on different episodes and TWOU
>>
>>321848410
No Lee
>>
Can't tell if /v/ or /tv/ yes, I'm new
>>
Too much sjw
>>
>>321848410
What sucked about it?
>>
Constant rewritting.
>>
>>321848410
For one thing, I feel that it went for a more cinematic experience, watering down the sections where you were able to get to know characters and explore subtle choices in favor of jumping from one action/death scene to the next.

I quite liked some of the new characters in the first two episodes, but they're never given the time to really stop and breath, and allow us to form any connection to them. The heart of season one was the development of Clem's relationship with Lee, and nothing really fills that void.
>>
File: 1409345207475.png (72 KB, 907x376) Image search: [Google]
1409345207475.png
72 KB, 907x376
>>321848694
It comes down to two things, I think: That Clementine is not a strong lead, and that she has no emotional anchor. Clementine is a child. She's an unusually capable child, but her role in the story is predominantly screaming for everyone else to stooooop fiiiighting. There's not much player agency to that.

Second she never has anyone to build a bond with, so the story feels desperate and empty. They try to force it all in in the two Kenny endings, but that still leaves five episodes of "I am literally the only stable person left in the apocolypse and I am crying."
>>
File: fH1ZkBy.png (1 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
fH1ZkBy.png
1 MB, 1600x900
Hey, remember when this never happened?
>>
>>321848963
I thought episode one did a decent job of portraying Clem's limitations as a child. She wasn't as strong, but she was quick and able to reach things that others couldn't. People looked down on her, but also underestimated her.

But as time went on there wasn't much difference between Clem's role and Lee's. She's strong enough to kick doors in by episode four and she practically carries the rest of the group when she's the only one with any sense of rational thinking.
>>
>>321849174
Like Episode 3 from the first one.
>>
>>321849360
I can't believe how lame Luke became by the end of the season.
He seemed cool in the first two episodes, but then after that...?
Not to mention that his character went nowhere.
>>
>>321848410
Season 1 writers left
Clementine as the playable protagonist was a terrible idea
>>
>>321848410
I would have forgiven a lot more if they hadn't killed nearly everyone off at the end and left some hope of being able to continue developing characters for season 3.

Nick, Sarah, and Pete, were the only members of the new group I developed any investment in, and they all have a bridge dropped on them as soon as it looked like they might be getting an important role.
>>
>>321849474
That was really more a change of tone than a missing scene.

Plus, it could have been misdirection.
>>
Made Clementine too much of a hero.
>>
>>321848410
Killing off Bromid first episode.
>>
>>321849605
I thought Luke was okay at the start, but you're not given much of a chance to get to know him until the end. And by that point all I wanted was an option to call him out for shirking his watch in favor of having sex with Jane.
>>
>>321849846
Bromid's an endearing side-character but I don't think he could have been a main column of the story
>>
>>321849846
>>321849846
>>321849846
This should have been the first warning for the season to be shit.
Sure it was shocking, but could have saved it for later.
>>
>Not choosing the Clem leaves with Kenny ending
>>
To make Clementine look good they made everyone else as retarded as possible.
>>
>>321850039
>could have saved it for later.

I would have been okay with this, I really liked his character...
>>
File: 1406965341737.jpg (28 KB, 262x288) Image search: [Google]
1406965341737.jpg
28 KB, 262x288
>>321849698
>Nick

I really started to sympathise with him in ep 2.
I can't believe how horribly wasted he was.
He had maybe one or two lines with Kenny in ep 3 and then died off-screen in ep 4.
I mean, what the fuck? He got shafted so fucking hard.
>>
File: 1415899262141.png (115 KB, 400x233) Image search: [Google]
1415899262141.png
115 KB, 400x233
>>321848612
>>
>>321850181
Even killing him later in the episode would have been better.
>>
>>321848963
The lack of an emotional anchor sums up a lot of it. I think episode 1 of the first season had more scenes of Lee and Clem bonding than Clem was able to have with most characters throughout the entire second season.
>>
>>321848963
The Camper Scene was so great.
It's quiet, peaceful, but at the same time ominous as all hell. It really makes you understand that things are about to break down completely. Too bad that the process of said breaking down happening is just very subpar. It's not a result of a natural conclusion regarding the members of the group's motivations, it literally happens because one character decided it was time to check wether or not another would emotionally break when prodded enough.
>>
Because it went from playing a pretty smart and capable bro tier to protagonist to a little girl who had no real abilities
>>
>>321849174
Isn't that the guy wyatt was with from 400 days? The episode when they were running from Nate, the one of the best characters in the entire series.
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 1280x720
these two mother fuckers would have been an interesting pairing in a full length season but we had to have muh Clem instead.

Russel's story in 400 days shit on anything they did in season 2.
>>
>>321850183
It's a shame, because I feel that Nick probably had the most development of anyone in the cabin group. He was a screw-up, but I felt more attached to him than I ever did with Luke.
>>
>>321850628
>>321850675

Nate hivemind
>>
>>321850675
The lack of 400 Days characters in general was another disappointment. It could have been interesting having them as members of the main group after we had played through each of their backstories.
>>
>>321850791
He was too good for the series I guess.if he's in season 3 I might actually buy it
>>
Because Clem is a 12 year old that's not a 12 year old girl

Just because of plot reasons, fucking Carver treats her like some war hero or whatever, and people ask for HER HELP

What?
That's mentally retarded

She's a little girl, and this is never touched upon, in any fucking way

She just as might be 25 in season 2, that's how shit the writing is

I'll draw a parallel with Lee
Lee was black
It wasn't the point of his character or the focus BUT it was a part of Lee as a person, like when Kenny makes that remark and how some people react to him

That's good writing
Season 2 is pure shit
>>
>>321850675
400 days only gave us one character who was a completely emotional unstable bitch that they try to make you feel sorry for, but ruins everything with her selfishness if you don't try to get youself killed. which still results in getting Luke killed no matter what you do.
>>
>barely any Vince

They really dropped the fucking ball
>>
>>321848410
>Don't give a shit about any of the characters.
>Game tries to force crazy ass Jane as bff.
>Kenny back.
>I end the game leaving on my own with a baby.

Game was full fucking disappointment. That fucking baby is going to be an anchor in 3 and will make the game fucking unplayable.
>>
File: clementine-season-2.jpg (323 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
clementine-season-2.jpg
323 KB, 1920x1080
>Promise Pete that I'll stay with Nick
>He dies off-screen

>Promise Carlos that I'll keep Sarah safe
>Forced to watch her die to enforce Jane's arbitrary nihilism
>>
File: twd2.jpg (327 KB, 1272x881) Image search: [Google]
twd2.jpg
327 KB, 1272x881
>>321848410
>>
>Villain doesn't show up till episode 2
>Villain does in episode 3
????????
>>
File: PinkySwearIsForever.jpg (139 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
PinkySwearIsForever.jpg
139 KB, 1152x864
>>321851835
Who'd have thought that Tales From the Borderlands would be the thing to have so much more respect for pinky promises? Much more satisfying conclusion.
>>
>>321851072
>telltale hyped up that we'd get to meet the characters from 400 days in S2
>oh boy can't wait to see my lil nut Russel and Vince
>instead get stuck with fucking bonnie
Also interesting
>"Nate has two unused audio clips where he apologizes to Walt and Jean in a sincere tone, and in a tone that suggested that he was annoyed by this."
>telltale removed an option to convince Nate not to shoot those senile fucks.
>>
File: 1451095867615.png (2 MB, 4400x7272) Image search: [Google]
1451095867615.png
2 MB, 4400x7272
>>321848410
Because none of our choices really mattered. This was also kind of true in season 1, but it was just so goddamn glaringly obvious in season 2.

>"This is serious, you can only save one, their lives hang in the balance it's up to you to choose who lives and who dies."
>"You saved one of them, but the other died a horrible death, you hope you made the right choice."
>"Lol having a story diverge is hard guys, to avoid all that extra work the person you saved dies in the next few scenes. Wait, weren't we building her up as a friend of Clem's who she'll teach like Lee taught her? Meh, who cares, kill her off."
>"We're so good at making games you guys, give us more awards."

If there IS a season 3 Kenny or Jane are gonna die at the beginning, or die right before. Even if they don't die they aren't getting an important role in the story and will show up like once so they don't have to put any effort into story customization.
>>
>>321851592
Jane was one of the more stable party members. If you seriously can't see that you're retarded.
>>
clem capture burger town
>>
>>321851138
She's a 1000 year old warrior in a 12 year old girl's body.
>>
>>321852207
Scratch that, who'd think a freaking Borderlands story game would be probably the best thing Telltale has put out? Maybe even better than Wolf Among Us?

What's next, Minecraft Story Mode turns out to be a masterpiece of writing?
>>
>>321852446
Season one had plenty of choices that were streamlined in the end, but it did so much better in making it Feel like you made an impact on things.

Even if Carley/Doug dies, they still offered divergent scenes and interactions for two episodes. And the relationships with Kenny and Lilly were always shifting depending on your actions. By comparison, characters in season 2 were generally going to hate or love you regardless of what you've said.
>>
>>321852493
I thought all the Janefags killed themselves already. Fuck off.
>>
>>321852446
hey brony, stop pushing your shitty fetish character pictures everywhere
>>
>>321848410

Clem was a good suporting character but a bad main character. Also i didn't care the the ending where you either go with your dick or your heart.
>>
>>321848410
>Hey Clem, could you go fix that Wind Turbine for me?
>>
>>321852856
I had dirt low expectations, but Tales is easily in my top two of Telltale's lineup.

Have yet to play Minecraft though. Assumed it was aimed at a younger audience, but who knows? Maybe it's solid.
>>
>>321852856
>What's next, Minecraft Story Mode turns out to be a masterpiece of writing?
It's funny, most people were thinking it was a dumb idea, but maybe because of that it would be great, but it turns out it's just meh I hear.

Was GoT any good?
>>
Why did it fail?

It failed to build off TWD1's dynamic and failed to do anything different. It became a story about Clem the amazing 10 year old that can operate wind turbines.
>>
>>321853191
>Approach control panel that no one in the group could decipher
>Turn key
This group is not going to last the week is it?
>>
File: ez.gif (2 MB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
ez.gif
2 MB, 500x275
>>321848410
You can't let the baby die.
>>
>>321853017
Yeah that's it. Like what you said with Carley and Doug, while if you really look at it there weren't too many differences, there were enough to make you feel like your choice did matter.
>the conversations you had with them
>the confrontation at the dairy changes from Carley using her pistol or Doug using his laser pointer
>even their deaths where Carley is shot for getting Lilly riled up and Doug dies by saving Ben.
In comparison to
>save Pete or Nick
>save Nick
>Pete dies
>save Pete
>Nick lives
>Pete still dies in like 10 minutes into the next episode
>>
File: Angry Moth Startup Noises.jpg (139 KB, 400x511) Image search: [Google]
Angry Moth Startup Noises.jpg
139 KB, 400x511
>>321853339
>Was GoT any good?
Purely unrepentant garbage. It's an experience of not only having the player's actions have no choice in shaping the story, but also of said actions having no effect in the overall progression of the story in the first place.

It's not, say, like Wolf Among Us where your actions drive the investigation and you slowly set things right, Game of Thrones is a constant exercise of grinding the player's face into the dirt and screaming about how you have ultimately no power and are meaningless as a character. And the one, ONE singular victory you achieve over the course of four episodes gets undone before the end of the same episode.
>>
File: dthrhthsstsththssthsth.jpg (83 KB, 1070x502) Image search: [Google]
dthrhthsstsththssthsth.jpg
83 KB, 1070x502
>>321849174
this never happened either.
>>
>>321853339
>Was GoT any good?
I don't think it was a bad as walking dead season 2 got, but I usually say it was just okay.

It was pretty obvious when your choices were being herded one way or another, and it had a bad habit of using canon characters for fan-service, to the point where one of the main villains was from the source material, and thus unkillable regardless of how arbitrary his actions were.
>>
File: latest_2.png (174 KB, 369x480) Image search: [Google]
latest_2.png
174 KB, 369x480
>>321851584
I lactually liked all the protagonists in 400 days, so I was disappointed with how unimportant that DLC was to season 2's plot.

Also, I find Becca oddly cute. I wish she had more screentime.
>>
>>321854193
>I lactually liked all the protagonists in 400 days, so I was disappointed with how unimportant that DLC was to season 2's plot.
>disappointed
>not pissed off
>>
>>321854193
I was hoping for Clem, Sarah, and Becca interactions at Carver's camp to be a thing.

It would have been an interesting way of actually using Clem's age, having her interact with a younger group and showing how they all represented different outcomes of growing up during the apocalypse.
>>
>>321854193
I noticed the majority of characters have brown eyes. You'd think it'd be blue.
>>
>>321854590
Carver's camp was the turning point for me. It was so underwhelming.
I was really looking forward to it, and boy did it let me down. And why did they change the title screen?
>>
>>321854590
Didn't they essentially already do that with Clem and Sarah?
>>
>>321854887
Carver's camp could have been great, but they backed out on the idea of normal people trying to live their lives there so they could make Carver look like a maniac and justify the insane plan of letting the place get destroyed by walkers.

Hell, the Saint Johns were more subtle, because you get a sense of who they once were and that they actually cared for each other as a family.
>>
File: twdgsarah.png (532 KB, 582x715) Image search: [Google]
twdgsarah.png
532 KB, 582x715
>>321855074
All they did with Sarah was abruptly kill her off to try and enforce Jane's claim that some people aren't worth trying to save.

They don't allow her and Clem much time to really connect or interact in a meaningful way.
>>
>>321854737
It's the jews.
>>
>>321854193
I wonder if there's any chance of the 400 Days characters showing up again, or if we're just to assume that they all died at Carver's.
>>
>>321855264
God damn it, I still felt bad for Andy when he found out his family was dead.
And yeah,That was how I felt about Carver as well. In episode 2, he seemed like a decent guy up until the killing Walter bit. Even then, he didn't seem to be the villain everyone else painted him as.

>"Do you remember George, Alvin? You see, I do. I remember a guy that was your friend, named George. I remember when you murdered him in cold blood. And why? Because you didn't like me? You could've lodged a complaint. You could've... well, you could've been civil."

>You could've been civil
>Throws a cripple off a roof the next episode

I've never seen so many balls dropped, honestly.
>>
>>321852493
Please don't try to make this into another "Jane vs Kenny" thread. That got old a while ago.
>>
>>321858504
Yeah we know Jane was the way to go anyway.
>>
>>321851953
what is that picture saying?
the dog had just met clem and there was fuck all time to connect
>>
>>321853719
God fucking dammit.
I just finished TFTB the other day, that fucking ending was the most disappointing thing I've experienced in a good long while.
I don't know if it was rushed or what, but goddamn, they fucked up hard.
>>
>>321853769
I am really, really getting tired of Ramsay's Gary Stu ass.
>>
>>321857915
>What did you do? What The Fuck Did You Do?!
>Don't you Dare Walk Away From Me Lee!!
Probably one of my favorite line deliveries of the season.

I wish they had followed up on the things that the cabin group had done before you met them. There was build-up to the idea that they were hiding things too, or that they weren't any more trustworthy than the people in Carver's group, but it's never really delved into.
>>
>>321858685
Really? I thought it was second only to the first season of the Walking Dead.
>>
File: dennisreynolds-implication2.gif (907 KB, 500x237) Image search: [Google]
dennisreynolds-implication2.gif
907 KB, 500x237
>>321857915
>feeling bad for andy
Pummeling that fucks head in, telling him his family is dead, and then leaving him for the walkers was satisfying as fuck.

Don't fucking touch S1 Clem you fag.
>>
what really frustrated me is of all people at the cabin they had a doctor and they still couldn't determine if clem's bite was a dog or a human
>>
>>321858763
That was the worst of it. Being beaten down and seeing characters killed by Ramsay again and again knowing that there will never be any catharsis of being able to really fight back.
>>
>>321848410
Aside from Clem, who's practically a blank slate, and the old dude who dies in the first episode, I don't think there was a single likable character in the entire season. It really doesn't help that your first interaction with the cabin group is them locking a little girl in a shed because they're afraid of her. Your pool of characters starts off shitty, and just gets worse as the season goes on, then they're all butchered by the end, and you're right back to square one, except you have a black baby now.
>>
File: 1450333467619.png (296 KB, 649x649) Image search: [Google]
1450333467619.png
296 KB, 649x649
>tfw really enjoyed TWAU, mostly because of the new universe it showed me
>was super hype for anything Fables after playing s1
>see GoT get announced, cool i guess
>then Tales which i was interested in because i like borderlands humor
>then minecraft....wat
>rumor has it TWAU season 2 will be announced in 2017
man fuck...at this point i dont even care
they're really dropping ball with that. The amount of creative freedom you get from that setting would be a writers dream
>>
>>321858983
As a whole, Tales From the Borderlands was great, but episode 5 was a huge misstep.
Apart from the insanely stupid ending (yeah yeah I know it's likely leading to BL3 or Season 2, but even beyond that it was just poorly handled), a bunch of smaller things about ep. 5 really annoyed me.

>Sasha's revival (seriously, fuck that so hard)
>the traveler didn't immediately try breaking the Helios laser, despite it clearly being the only thing that can actually destroy him
>the final scenes with Handsome Jack
>Loader bot somehow survived Helios crashing into Pandora (??????)
>>
>>321854193
I think that working together with Sarah and Becca at the camp would have felt more natural than having Clem jump around between being Carver's evil protege and the group's errand girl.
>>
>>321849174
STANDING
>>
>>321859657
>Sasha's revival
Didn't really mind it. The gift had been introduced long enough beforehand that I was alright with it having some use, and the overall tone was fine for a more uplifting ending than another tragic death.

>the traveler didn't immediately try breaking the Helios laser
Yeah alright, but most of the robot fight was over-the-top. I can accept that it was slow at getting the base destroyed.

>Handsome Jack's final scene
What was wrong with it? I thought it was a decent final confrontation.

>Loader bot somehow survived
Eh, he's a durable robot. If any of the massive space station survived, I could accept that he made it long enough to transfer bodies.

If I were to critique something, it'd be that Athena's dramatic departure didn't have much of a followup, as they never really elaborate on her kidnapping outside of the Pre-sequel.
>>
>None of your decisions from the first game carry over since everyone is dead/gone no matter what you do

>Except of course one character that also apparently died no matter what you did

>No matter what you do, you end up with the same two characters at the end game, both who try and kill each other and the only choice that matters in the last one

>If there is a season 3 none of your choices will matter once again since everyone is either gone or dead

About as much story variation as a shooter or survival game... but without the gameplay
>>
You mean season 1 was good?
>>
>>321848410
It stopped being about zombies. Should have been renamed to The Walking Gangs
>>
>>321848612
This
>>
File: Lee Clem.png (292 KB, 500x328) Image search: [Google]
Lee Clem.png
292 KB, 500x328
>>321860907
Sure. If you can look past average gameplay and puzzle solving in favor of interactive storytelling.
>>
>>321860469
>The gift had been introduced long enough beforehand that I was alright with it having some use
It was still a complete copout/Deus Ex Machina which is weak storytelling even in the best of circumstances. Not to mention she shouldn't have even survived the explosion.

>most of the robot fight was over-the-top
I guess but considering the traveller did end up smacking the laser near the end of the fight it's still a little weird that he didn't earlier on.

>What was wrong with it? I thought it was a decent final confrontation.
I mean the final scene, when you see him in the wrecked office of Jack, the writing just seemed really unfocused.

It's like half of the writers wanted to try and make Jack sympathetic, and the other half wanted to keep him obviously villainous, so you just get a weird mix of the two.
I'm all for moral ambiguity, but I don't know something about that scene made me feel like the writers themselves were confused.

>Eh, he's a durable robot.
I'll give you that, he survived more than any loader from BL2, that's for sure.
>>
>>321861227
haha no writing and characters were absolute shit
>>
>>321861330
So is your opinion m8
>>
>>321859505

>announced 2017
>tfw episode 5 will be released Q4 2018
>>
File: 1448928499167.png (224 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1448928499167.png
224 KB, 512x384
>>321861884
>no face
ftfy
>>
File: 2d4.png (40 KB, 165x115) Image search: [Google]
2d4.png
40 KB, 165x115
Minecraft Story Mode is alright.
>>
>>321862060
One good thing about it is that it's an ok time killer
>>
>>321861324
>It was still a complete copout/Deus Ex Machina which is weak storytelling even in the best of circumstances.
I guess I liked Sasha enough that I was willing to overlook losing out on gritty realism in favor of what we got. It was more realistic when everyone died in Walking Dead season 2, but that didn't make it more satisfying.

> it's still a little weird that he didn't earlier on.
He did have Gortys and the rest of the group to deal with most of the time. Arguing that the monster wasn't the best tactician isn't the worst plot hole I've seen.

>It's like half of the writers wanted to try and make Jack sympathetic, and the other half wanted to keep him obviously villainous

That's kind of been Jack's thing from the start. He's clearly crazy, but his story was always about thinking he was the hero, because "the path to Hell is paved with good intentions"and all that.

I could see why it'd be hard to swallow considering the rest of his psychotic actions, but I thought he was a fun enough villain.
>>
File: clem3.png (239 KB, 425x476) Image search: [Google]
clem3.png
239 KB, 425x476
>>
>>321859505
I'd be angrier if The Wolf Among Us ended on more of a cliffhanger.

Of course I'd have been happier if season 2 was announced as opposed to Batman, but I was still fairly satisfied with where they ended it.
>>
>>321862060
Is the humor the selling point?
>>
One thing that always bugs me about Telltale games, why are the eyes always so big?

I know eyes can be really expressive, but it just doesn't look right.
>>
>>321861037
TWD was never about the zombies
>>
>>321852810
WE WUZ WARRIORS
>>
>>321858983
I haven't played TFTB yet, but you're saying its ending was better than TWAU? That was the perfect hook for a potential S2.
>>
>>321850675
>you'll never go on adventures with Nate in the apocalypse
;_;
>>
>>321851138
I understand that they couldn't skip ahead due to having to stay in the comic's timeline, but they could have lead to better interactions with her being a child in that situation. I forget all the time that she's younger then my siblings and its weird.
>>
>group of adults look to a 12 year old to do everything and make major decisions for the group

It was really stupid
>>
>>321849174
Anybody have "Omid" the ruins?
>>
>>321853191
Jesus, the writing was so lazy this season. It made me feel like I was playing a child's game with some of the 'puzzles'. Even the fucking wind turbine could have been made more interesting had they not half-assed it.
>we need to turn off this wind turbine
>shit, we keep the key inside the lodge for safety
>clem, you're too small to properly handle the weapons we have, go inside the cabin and find the key
>you have a time limit to find the key before the lodge is overrun
That's not much better but it could have caused some sort of urgency, better then what they fucking gave us.
>>
>>321858901
>'You're dad isn't going to hurt anyone Sarah, isn't that right Carlos? You won't do anything bad or...not nice."
Fuck, I thought that would make Carlos some sort of murdering machine and that would have been great. Sarah accidentally walking in and seeing that her father was more then capable of murder or that he had hurt someone she knew/care about before to escape the camp could have been great.
>>
Does the season 2 disc I bought have every episode on it? Better not be some fucking download code.
>>
>>321851835
JUST
>>
>>321862667
why did they have to give her those seductive cat eyes
was this meant to be a porn game
>>
>>321862060
I pirated the first episode and it's non stop cringe.
>>
Man, I feel bad for anyone that tried to play S2 and didn't have a few characters they enjoyed, because otherwise there would be no other reason to play it. It felt like they had all these interesting elements and ideas they could have used, but in the end they all just fell flat instead. Playing as a child could have worked for an interesting story in a zombie apocalypse, but just like every writer no one seems to understand how to write children properly. As another anon stated, Clem was more like an adult in a child's body. There were a few moments when the kid part of her were present, but never during any of the important parts. If they could have made her even into a young teen it wouldn't maybe have been so jarring.
What sucks the most, of course, is the lack of your choices having any sort of impact. The only one that really felt like it mattered was the last ones, where you choose sides and that staying at Wellington/Kenny or the allowing the family in. But with how the record has been, those choices will end up being for nothing when S3 rolls in. If we're Clem then we will have a moment where we see Kenny;_;/Jane killed, and then everyone will have the same story again. That's why, when S3 comes I'm going to watch the first episode online before buying it.
>>
File: Lee Everett.jpg (117 KB, 845x945) Image search: [Google]
Lee Everett.jpg
117 KB, 845x945
>>321848612
Is Lee the best black protagonist of all time?
>>
>>321869931
Better then most protagonist I've played as.
>>
>>321848410
Clementine a cute. CUTE!
>>
Who had the worst wasted potential in S2, aside from Clem? I feel like Nick would be right up there, he could have done so much more. And I am still mad that Sarah didn't do shit with the gun after I showed her how to use it.
>>
>>321869931
He is the best black protag because he is just a player insert wich is going to be some white dude.
>>
>>321870852
As it should be, unless I'm playing as MLK or some shit, I don't need to be constantly reminded that my character (or the others) are black. If that is one thing TellTale did right with S2 was that. Some anons might feel like the cast was diverse for the sake of diversity, but it never really stood out or became a plot point and that was great.
>>
>>321848410

Because Season 1 sucked too.

What's the point of playing a game where choices don't matter? Go watch Walking Dead on TV.
>>
Because Season 1 sucked too.
>>
>>321871614
Fuck the TV show, those characters are just begging to die.
>>
>>321850183

They shafted him because they didn't want him to be important past episode 2. Because he can die in episode 2, and making it so that choice matters would be just too dang difficult for a company for make games that are pretty exclusively about choices.
>>
Season 2 sucked because they were working on three different projects. Telltale are doing waaaay too much. The talent that made twd season 1 is still inside the company.
>>
>>321848410
Clementine needed to be older. They fucked up when they made her a preteen. She should have been at least highschool age. The fact that she was a child was really limiting.
>>
>>321871890
Read the comic. Rick is still alive and well after 149 issues.
>>
>>321851592
One of the few redeeming qualities of Jane is that she almost killed that stupid baby.
>>
>>321848410
Because you don't as a man protecting his daughterfu.
>>
>>321849174
Episode 4 was rewritten to hell and back and ended up being real shit.
>>
>>321859657
>>Sasha's revival (seriously, fuck that so hard)

that seriously made no goddamn sense, i think they were going for something with that thing and totally forgot about it half through the game and remembered it in the last minute.

>>the traveler didn't immediately try breaking the Helios laser, despite it clearly being the only thing that can actually destroy him
that's not that hard to ignore since he was fighting and if i remember correctly he actually goes for the laser when the laser misses.

>>the final scenes with Handsome Jack
the last scene was alright, what is wrong about it?
>>Loader bot somehow survived Helios crashing into Pandora (??????)
plot armor, even that other mercenary survived
>>
>>321871401
It takes place in the south, there's gonna be a lot of black people. The only one that might be a reach is omid.
>>
>>321873008
I wasn't complaining about the cast, in fact I enjoyed that they weren't afraid to stray in that category without shoving it in your faces. Just like with gay characters, it seems like a lot of writers enjoy pushing those aspects as character traits rather then just being a part of the character themselves.
>>
>>321848410
She is a strong independant kind hearted girl who was killed by a starving dog she tried to feed.
>>
>>321862708
Wolf is just a prequel to the fables comics, read those dumbshit.
>>
>>321870754
>most potential
Nick and Sarah still felt the most definitive to me. They both had potential character arcs established through their flaws and familial relationships, and they were the closest to forming a natural friendship with Clem after both ended up losing their only family.

The story would have endeared itself to me more if it was about managing to form a new family with these people despite everything you all had been through.
>>
>>321874935
I'm aware. I'm saying that where the game ended things it didn't close on too much of a cliffhanger.
>>
>>321875005
I agree, Sarah would have made one of the more believable connections with Clem thanks to her age, and they could have worked Nick into that too some how as Clem being one of the few who doesn't consider him a constant fuck up.
>>
>>321865454
I liked TWAU's ending, but there was something about Tales from the Borderlands that really resonated with me in a full-circle adventure kind of way.
>>
File: 1451345378691.png (22 KB, 157x60) Image search: [Google]
1451345378691.png
22 KB, 157x60
>Lee getting pointlessly killed off in Season 1
>Killing off all the season 1 characters in the first few seconds
>no puzzles
>characters had no character
>no Lee
>characters were basically made to die
>it no really big choices until the very end
>no Lee
>Clem had plot armor out the ass
>A fucking 11 year old girl was better at pretty much everything than grown adults
>>
>>321862020
retard
>>
>>321866841
This reminds me that I can't recall Clem having one conversation with Carlos outside of the first episode.

Either they forgot that they ever had a plan for his character, or season 2 suffered constant rewrites.
>>
File: 1423681901371.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1423681901371.png
1 MB, 1280x720
Lee died, and he was a cool character, so that alone fucked the franchise's shit up, and turned game into Daugherfu fodder. Also, she was already old in chapter too, which also deprived us of watching a loli surviving the zombie apocalypse, which also sucked ass.

They pretty much gutted the series of what made it good in season 1
>>
>>321848410
You were playing as Clementine.
>>
>>321877841
Aside from him telling Clem to watch out for Sarah, there wasn't much. I was prepared for papa-bear mode to come out or something, like when he was supposed to slap Sarah.
>>
>>321869931
I love that the only way to get a final answer as to whether or not he was a murderer pre-walkers is to choose a specific set of dialogue options in the confrontation with The Stranger. Otherwise, that shit is completely ambiguous.
>>
>>321848410
I bought season 2 over christmas cause I had free time to play it
it is half the content of season 1 and also poor story
you can't make decisions that matter at all
for example
try to kill the ukrainian cripple

it isn't possible
>>
>>321879515
I think it's implied to be a crime of passion regardless, but the line Lee can have about his wife with the stranger was some really good dialogue for him. Easy to miss too.
>>
>Not enjoying ow the edge Clem
Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.