[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this game so highly acclaimed? The game fails to hold
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: xenoblade-chronicles-3d-logo.png (53 KB, 327x114) Image search: [Google]
xenoblade-chronicles-3d-logo.png
53 KB, 327x114
Why is this game so highly acclaimed? The game fails to hold my interest (aside from the gameplay), and I'm really only playing it because I spent money on it, but I'm curious as to why others place it on such high a pedestal.
>>
>>321844652
>Why is this game so highly acclaimed?
It was one of the only worthwhile JRPGs on the Wii. Even then it's only Nintendo fanboys that overrate it so much.
>>
>>321844652
Story, gameplay and that great soundtrack.
>>
>>321844652
Kids on this board are too young to have lived through an era of good exploration based JRPGs so they cling to this. It is very mediocre but that's what you get when people cling to the wrong things.

Notice how everyone expects FF to get good again despite all the talent being gone? Or how KH is touted even though there are way more shit games in the series than good? Everyone clings to this weird idea that a brand is important. XC is vaguely branded with games like Xenogears despite having damn near nothing in common. Xenogears wasn't all about wandering a big empty world. XC is boring sidequest the game blended with run around a lot fighting but never find so much as a treasure chest. It's boring.

But then again I don't really care. Let people have fun how they want. I don't understand but I don't have to.
>>
>>321845196
I could understand gameplay and the soundtrack being selling points, but the story is pretty mediocre. It seems to stagnate and there are these mandatory fetch quests that interrupt the overall flow of the game and its narrative.
>>
>>321844652
All Nintendo exclusives get overhyped as the best thing ever.
>>
Characters are all great, exploration and gameplay are fun, and the soundtrack is 10/10
>>
>>321845968
Yeah, JRPGs never involve fetch quests.
>>
>>321846494
The 'Story Quests', then.
>>
>>321845968

The story is generic but it's executed well. The unique setting keeps things interesting in spite of the tropes.
>>
>playing it on 3DS

What are you doing?
>>
I might as well fucking ask here, why not.

Playing through the game right now. Just beat Telethia. What's the best party I can have right now? I'm using RIkki, Dunban, and Shulk as my controlled character.
What are the best gems I should use for everyone?
>>
File: 1383257730362.gif (2 MB, 161x120) Image search: [Google]
1383257730362.gif
2 MB, 161x120
I'm waiting for the day in UFC when they announce their moves before attacking.
>>
>>321844652
>The game fails to hold my interest
maybe you are retarded
>>
>>321848720
Maybe I like good games??
Or
Maybe everybody has diferent interests??
Or
Or
Everybody has different opinions????

Choose one.
>>
>>321849086
>Choose one.
I'll go with retarded in that case.
>>
>>321849183
quality
>>
>>321848497
1. Melia (control), 2. Shulk, 3. Reyn
>>
>>321850218
I heard Shulk ai kinda sucks though.
>>
>>321850316
He just doesn't use Light Heal or that aggro-reduction ability. He's always positioned in a sweetspot for both side and back attack advantages during chain attacks for me so that makes him pretty good, especially for when you're running Melia.
>>
>>321850918
Okay, that might have sold me. Do Melia's buffs stack? Should I just be summoning one guardian, firing him off, and then summon the other and repeat? Or should I summon both and then fire?
>>
>>321851080
I'm honestly not too sure on Melia's mechanics, but I just summon the 3 max for the temporary buffs and then continue to fire them off. Reyn and Shulk build up the Party Guage pretty quickly. Just in time to release your Talent Art and then get in two Mind Blasts.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.