[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You won't be able to play local multiplayer without a G
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: pokken.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
pokken.png
2 MB, 1600x900
You won't be able to play local multiplayer without a Gamepad. One player has to use the Gamepad as a controller and screen, the other player uses a regular controller and the TV as their screen.

http://gamerant.com/pokken-tournament-pokemon-wii-u-multiplayer/

Why is nobody talking about this? This basically crucifies its offline competitive community before it even has a chance. Seriously, fuck Nintendo.
>>
>>321843845
What were you expecting though? The camera follows one characters. And it wouldn't really work. You'd have to implement a split screen kind of thing but it would severely limit your sight range.

Sounds like a pretty decent solution to be honest.
>>
Nintendo: Fuck the Competitive Community (except Splatoon, our least competitively viable multiplayer game outside of Mario Party)

I mean seriously, if that's the case I'd rather have any other solution, even if it means no offline multiplayer outside of LAN.

I just want that cool Hori controller for virtual console games, man.
>>
Overall it makes sense, but it basically forces tournaments to be run over Wifi with double the amount of setups. It's like Splatoon in that people are going to want it to be competitive, but it ultimately can't.
>>
>>321844808
Shit, >>321845517 was supposed to be a reply to your comment
>>
>>321845486
>GameCube adapter only works for Smash
>That sexy Pokken controller will probably never be compatible with anything else

When did Nintendo become controller jews? Wii U has at least six controllers now.
>>
ehhh...there are arcade cabs aren't there? They'll just use those for the big tournys then, but yeah...gonna need two consoles for any low lvl tourny.
>>
Pokken arcade machines support two players on one screen.

Cant see why Nintendo made this decision at all
>>
>>321845910

No tournament is going to make the investment for arcade cabs for a game with relatively small entry numbers.

EVO only had Tekken 7 machines this year because the game didn't have a console version yet, and it was an incredibly small promotional event compared to every other game there.

No easy local play means no competitive scene at all.
>>
>>321846213
Because they want people to use the fucking gamepad.
>>
>>321845850

>GameCube adapter only works for Smash

this shit still breaks my heart.

ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS PUT GAMECUBE GAMES ON VC

THAT'S IT. IT WON'T COST YOU A FUCKING DIME
>>
>>321845850
You guys only got lucky with the GameCube adapter because Sakurai himself prefers the GC controller for Smash. Every other developer seems to prefer the Wii U gamepad.
>>
>>321845850
I'd probably get the pokken controller without question if it would work as a substitute for the pro controller.

But I know it won't. Considering the Gamecube adapter, it will most likely be a Pokken only controller. Which sucks.
But I guess I'll be able to use it for PC at the very least.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.