[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey V I wanted to make a powerhouse that was portable, with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
Hey V I wanted to make a powerhouse that was portable, with an emphasis on power but also power

what u think :3

here http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/Bf2WHx

Also pcbuilding thread
>>
>>321843737
I want this meme to be over.
>>
Cool build op
>>
>>321843896
>meme, meme, meme, meme, meme, meme, meme, meme, meme, meme, meme, meme, meme, meme, meme, meme, meme, meme, meme, meme, meme, meme, meme, meme, meme, meme, meme, meme, meme, meme
>>
>>321843737
You should put fish in there :3
>>
>>321843896
legitimately, memes aside, I am looking for advice. I want some help pushing this build below 1000$, but don't know whether the graphics card should take a hit or the processor. I want to future proof it, and I know I can't get a great graphics card, so I figured going all in on the processor was the right idea.
>>
>>321844198
That'd actually be pretty cool if there was a second, water filled part of the tank that had fish in it.
>>
>>321844394
Are you fucking seriously buying an i7 and a 960? What the fuck even... Jesus dude.
>>
>>321844518
It's the first time I've built a PC. What am I doing wrong? I work in video editing, so I do a lot of utilities shit that I figure would take advantage of the processor. It's for work first, then games.
>>
File: 1446357037908.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1446357037908.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>321843737
>:3
Kill yourself for starters.
>>
>>321844394
You have an unlocked CPU yet your board is an H170 change it to a Z170 if you're planning on overclocking if not then change your CPU to a non-K also jesus drop that 960 it's shit grab a 290x/970/390 if its within budget. also
>:3
>>
>>321843737
I'd aim for a better rated power supply. Also a card with at least 4 gigs. There's 960's with 4 gigs. I don't know what prices are like in America though so it might be better to just get a 970 of AMD equivalent.
>>
>>321845531
>>:3
It was mostly to rile you guys up and get someone to respond, clearly not something heartfelt.

>Unlocked
So are CPU's divided by whether they can be overclocked or not? 960's are already fucking 280$ in shitty CDN.

>>321845765
Canadian, actually. Our dollar is worth shit thanks to a combination of Harper sinking our economy and dudeweedlmao continuing the trend.
>>
>>321843737
why is that computer in a fish tank
>>
>>321844959
Nigger no.

At least read about this shit before you come on here and make semi-serious semi-shitpost threads.

Video editing, photo editing, gaming, graphical stuff in general will depend mostly on GPU, with a few exceptions.

As much as I do recommend getting an i7, it's really not necessary if you're trying to spend under $1000. The only good thing about an i7 is hyperthreading, and showing off your faggotry to others.There's a reason these faggots on here shitpost about GPU's more than they shitpost about processors.

And for fucks sake. If you are gonna get an i7, don't buy Skylake this early.
>>
>>321846684
>So are CPU's divided by whether they can be overclocked or not? 960's are already fucking 280$ in shitty CDN.
More or less yeah, IF you're really that short on budget a i7 4790K, 16gb of RAM, a Z97 board and a 390/970 will do you good in both video editing and gaming. also, cross-reference with http://www.logicalincrements.com/ when buying new parts since that site has a good build guides.
>>
>>321847142
Are there centralized places for this information? I had actually read online that video editing benefits from the CPU. Perhaps that source was not as accurate as I had thought. There's such an abundance of information out there, that if you're not ensconced in the culture already, it's hard to know where to start.

Are Skylake CPU's far overpriced right now? Or is Kabylake thought to be worth waiting for?
>>
>>321844198
Except you can't because that's mineral oil.
>>
>>321847683
mineral fish
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.