[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Halo Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9
File: Halo_CE.jpg (115 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Halo_CE.jpg
115 KB, 1920x1080
Anyone else playing Halo 5?

Why do the controls feel so fucked up?
>>
>>321838631
>Anyone else playing Halo 5?
I gave up on it a week after the BTB update. Not even the forge update could keep me playing. There's no variety in the maps and the maps are very bland and mediocre. Playing BTB gets way too repetitive given the lack of maps and terrible map rotation. Halo 5 fucking sucks.
>>
>>321838631
No, because there's no offline co-op or multiplayer to play when you've grown tired of the online multiplayer and its awful maps and poor playlists. If I'm going to play on forge maps they should' at least going to be ones I've made.
>>
>>321839337
>Waaaa can't play with a friend on my couch with shit splitscreen and sacrificed frames.

fuck off
>>
>Why do the controls feel fucked up
Because they are. 343, again, messed with something that had no business being changed
>>
>>321839840

What is it, exactly? Honestly the controls jerk around even on low sensitivity
>>
Just finished the campaign, what a let down. It feels like there were hardly any master chief missions and the Locke missions never felt like a real story.
>>
>>321840256
Because there wasn't and they weren't. It was a $60, 7 hour scavenger hunt to set up halo 6
>>
>>321840112
They released an update fixing the problem. People are too retarded to see the new settings added and fix them.
>>
Disappointed hugely in the btb update, don't care about warzone, it's utter shit, forge added but they didn't add any fucking gametypes, all of the maps are mediocre too

Stopped playing game right before the forge update, more than likely not going back either, 343 has proven they don't know how to handle the series
>>
When someone tweets a problem in Halo 5 to a 343 employee, they respond.
When thousands of people beg 343 to fix MCC, they say nothing.
>>
>>321840565
>People are too retarded to see the new settings added and fix them.
The deadzone circle setting, and I forget what the other one is, right?

I saw these this morning and I was surprised that I hadn't read about them online
>>
>>321840763
>don't care about warzone, it's utter shit

I've only played a small handful of matches, but I had fun when I did. But to be honest, I haven't gotten back in the groove well enough to consider myself "competitive". So it's entirely possible that there are glaring flaws that I am still overlooking.

Although I did play against a team that used 5+ Scorpion tank burn cards today and that didn't seem very fair.
>>
Anybody else feel like sniping's alot easier?
>>
How do I make the controls like they were when the game released? My performance has gone down recently and I have no idea if it's just me being matched with better people or this update people talk about.
>>
>>321842286
at the very bottom of the controls settings, there are two new options, they were both lowered with a patch recently and raising them back up to 100 each makes the controls like they were in the beta
>>
>>321842596
Thanks, I'll give it a try.
>>
File: 512623723523.jpg (120 KB, 540x797) Image search: [Google]
512623723523.jpg
120 KB, 540x797
>tfw no flood or infection mode
>slayer variations with no voting 24/7

the free updates and maps are kinda cool i guess..
>>
>>321841465
I don't remember exactly but yes, those were added in the recent update and made the controls feel like the same as MCC when you change a few things.
>>
>>321841594
played a match earlier in the city map with 2 enemy scorpions. i just req'd a spartan laser and blew them up.

the best thing to do is save your points for gold packs and buy those since they give the most worth while stuff.
>>
>>321838631
You can adjuist deadzones and aim accelleration in your controller settings in game, mess around with that.
>>
>>321842827
didn't know about this till right now. what are some recommended settings to optimize my gameplay?
>>
>>321838631
Worst Halo ever made
>>
>>321842990
>Didn't know about this until now

Damn...not a lot of people knew about these new controller settings.
More people should spread the word about this.
>>
>>321842804
>the best thing to do is save your points for gold packs and buy those since they give the most worth while stuff.

This is the fucking opposite of being true.

Silver packs have way more value than gold packs. You buy a gold pack, you could literally get two uncommon unlocks and a few rare burn cards.

Compared to literally double the amount of everything you get in silver packs, gold packs just aren't worth it.

>open a gold pack
>two rare weapon skins, a couple of rare burn cards

>open two silver packs
>uncommon armor, rare helmet
>SAW SAW SAW SAW SAW

>rare helmet, uncommon armor
>SAW SAW SAW SAW SAW

Honestly, silver is the way to go, up until you've unlocked everything that isn't ultra-rare and legendary. That way, you ensure that the gold packs actually unlock what you want, otherwise you're going to be disappointed.

>implying anyone is going to play this game for that long
>>
>>321843610
Warzone becomes so much better when you realize that you can use three or so uncommon REQs every single match.
>>
>>321843610
Gold packs give you less permanent unlocks overall, but they give you a better chance at having fun while playing warzone. Banshees, scorpions, and gauss hogs are more fun to use than SAWs.
>>
the new controller settings help, but holy shit i dont know what they were thinking with the fucking aim settings on this game.

i was playing with 10 sensitivity and it was still shitty. i havent messed with around the settings much at all since the update since i havent played, but it looks like it still isnt going to be enough

i am glad the ranks reset every month though. i got into diamond and then i only played it on weekends so i would get shit on for like 10 games in a row and everyone would talk shit because i was a diamond doing so poorly. fucking frustrating when i just want to play an even match of slayer
>>
>>321843876
>but they give you a better chance at having fun while playing warzone. Banshees, scorpions, and gauss hogs are more fun to use than SAWs.

You have to save up points for literally twice as long in order to have fun for half as long lol

Depending on how well I do, I get between 1850-2450 per match, on average. I've never gotten 2500. So you're looking at 5-6 matches per pack no matter what, and you're MAYBE getting two good vehicles in that pack, if you're lucky. There's also a chance that you get shit on, whereas with silver packs you're getting value no matter what, plus twice as many unlocks.

Like I said, you're paying twice as much for half as much with a chance of getting the same rarity of unlocks. That's silly lol
>>
>>321844831
You get more uncommon and common drops and you get better boosts. I think if you already have armor, assassinations, and loadout weapons that you like you should stay with gold, but that's just my experience.
>>
>>321843935
>i got into diamond and then i only played it on weekends so i would get shit on for like 10 games in a row and everyone would talk shit because i was a diamond doing so poorly. fucking frustrating when i just want to play an even match of slayer

dude this happened to me in Halo 3 with my entire godamn account. I used to come home from high school, get high and play Lone Wolves, desperately trying to get to 50. I got to 47 and holy mother fuck did it ever get hard, you had to place in the top three multiple games in a row and if you placed below top three you'd drop a rank, it was insane.

Anyway, I did that for a few hundred matches, and was never able to get higher than that, but I was consistently getting matched with 50's that had thousands of games, and it ruined the game for me and my buddy when we tried to fuck around on the weekends like six months later. It was just too competitive, we didn't care if we were matched vs amazing players, we just wanted it to feel fair, and it didn't. At all lol
>>
>>321844954
>You get more uncommon and common drops and you get better boosts.

But you're more likely to get lower rarity unlocks with your gold pack that you spent twice as much on when you haven't unlocked a lot of common/uncommon gear?

I don't really get why you think that paying more with the possibility of getting less is better. And I don't think that one gold pack = more uncommon and common drops than two silvers, not even fucking close
>>
>>321845076
yeah back when halo 3 was out i was in college and used to just smoke weed all day and play. i only got to like 43.

i played a bunch of mcc halo 3 and man i kept getting my ass handed to me. i think i got to like level 20 or something and i would usually be the bottom fragger

i just dont have the time to play unless its the weekend anymore, and it sucks because i love playing ranked games because its more competitive and gives me a reason to care, but for fucks sake i dont want to play if i know its going to be my fault my team looses every time, i hate being that guy
>>
>>321845278
They want people spending money on gold packs. It doesn't make sense for them to not incentive that.
>>
>>321845472
>but for fucks sake i dont want to play if i know its going to be my fault my team looses every time, i hate being that guy

It basically forces you into a support role, which isn't so bad if you have a decent group. I used to play with a group of guys that were all way fucking better than me in Reach and I just took it upon myself to be the primary call out guy and I always drove the hog in CTF. I got good at driving the hog, though.

But I hear ya man. I used to ask myself, and I did so sincerely, "Man, how do people die more than 22 times in one game and still have fun?". This morning I played a match of Halo 5 and I died 24 times, and it wasn't fun. I think I was right all along.
>>
File: Iron_Sheik.png (89 KB, 445x334) Image search: [Google]
Iron_Sheik.png
89 KB, 445x334
>>321838631
I'll play it when I dont have to spend and hour and a half to get a worthwhile req pack only to get fucking needlers and mongooses. Fuck 343.
>>
>>321845610
If you don't understand the fact that you can get just as many Uncommon items in a Gold pack as you can in a Silver pack, I don't know what to tell you. The single rarity that Gold excludes is Common.
>>
>>321838631
so I just decided to go back and play halo 2's story because why not and the one thing that really stuck out to me was Sacred Icon's skybox

it's probably the best in the whole series
>>
>>321845846
in their defense the needler is pretty strong
>>
>>321845991
Enjoy your commons then. Like I said, I can't speak for anyone else but myself, but I have banshees and gauss hogs banked and it's nice to have them. I don't need to unlock my 5000th piece of armor that looks the same as most that I will never touch.
>>
>>321846159
>I don't need to unlock my 5000th piece of armor that looks the same as most that I will never touch.
You can unlock Uncommon armor with Gold packs, so that's kind of a funny reason to argue that you only pay twice as much for half as much.
>>
>>321841171
MCC is old news
>>
>>321846089
I rather a sniper rifle how about that? And I dont even rather a warzone req, I dont want to bother with that pay to win mode, I want armor. If I would literally have to play for over 400 hours just to get all armor because of the shit system they have in place then they are out of their minds. Im glad theres only one left for this trilogy and hopefully 343 can fuck off after 6, they have done nothing good for Halo since the TU for lolReach.
>>
>>321845846
They need REQ packs that only have armor pieces in them. Fuck all that other shit I'll never use because I don't play Warzones.
>>
>>321846597
>If I would literally have to play for over 400 hours just to get all armor because of the shit system they have in place then they are out of their minds.

The entire system is complete bullshit, but if you've ever played an EA game before, you'll remember that they like to come out with these big expensive packs every now and then to keep everyone interested and active. It wouldn't surprise me if they had a pack come out that costed like 40k but gave 10 unlocks or something.

But then again, if they haven't already, they probably never will.
>>
File: Halo 5.jpg (90 KB, 610x374) Image search: [Google]
Halo 5.jpg
90 KB, 610x374
>>321846773
This. When Mass Effect's 3 multiplayer lauched, they had only 3 packs that you could buy that included characters, weapons and consumables. Basically, the system was set up in a similar way. But, after people complaining about it being bullshit, they fixed the rng to be better and included extra separate packs that would only include characters, weapons and consumables respectively. This is what those hacks at 343 should do. They do that, I consider coming back to play. But as it is, no, just no, if I had the game on disc it wouldve already gone to gamestop. Also, increase the req point payouts, fucking jews.
>>
File: 1447882510770.jpg (18 KB, 408x408) Image search: [Google]
1447882510770.jpg
18 KB, 408x408
>>321838631
>playing halo after 2
>>
I just started playing the campaign and why did everyone hate it? I don't get it, the squad AI is shit (like really shit, holy fuck, the marines in halo 1 are smarter), but aside from that I don't see what the complaints were all about.

Environments are fucking amazing, I haven't seen a campaign this diverse since halo 2

>That forerunner planet scenery
>That shangelios scenery
>those fun segments where you walk around talking to people
>grunts are cute/charming again

Using the squad movement system to tactically play the game like flanking hunters is fun, if the AI wasn't complete shit and 343 had gotten rid of the fucking Prometheans no one wants to fight this would be one of my favorite campaigns. Either way, it's still miles ahead of halo 4's campaign.
>>
>>321849037
>this meme again
>>
>>321849165
If the squad AI was more intelligent it'd be a much more entertaining campaign.
>>
File: 1450673122600.png (1 MB, 1000x652) Image search: [Google]
1450673122600.png
1 MB, 1000x652
>>321847814
I fucking agree everything what you fucking said kind sir.
>>
>>321841171

MCC wasn't made by 343, they only made the UI and slapped their name on it.
>>
>>321849431
Then who made it? Bungie?
>>
26 hours in arena

all the modes aren't fun
>>
>>321849165
it's a fanfic story. Some AI bullshit happens, they throw in a bunch of new words like I'm expected to learn pillars of eternity levels of bullshit vocab except in an already established world, Locke has bullshit motivation and it doesn't make sense why anyone but blue team does anything.

Gameplay wise it's great but seeing as how nobody here has played it you'll only hear negatives.
>>
>>321849297
it's not a meme, each halo after 2 saw a noticeable decline in quality after each installment
>>
>>321849590

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=master+chief+collection+developer
>>
>>321849745
>it's a fanfic story

Well, yeah, the halo universe doesn't really allow for much story now that the war is over, so if you're expecting a good story after bungie you aren't going to get it.
>>
File: halo 5.jpg (2 MB, 3406x1915) Image search: [Google]
halo 5.jpg
2 MB, 3406x1915
>>321850109
Sure it does, they hint at it all the time but are too afraid to do anything about it. I'm talking about the instability and fallout of S-IIs. We had a really great chance for Master Chief and whoever would follow him (all the leftover S-IIs) to say "fuck you" to ONI-run UNSC and start a rad civil war where the Arbiter is on our side or something. I don't know.

MY fanfic I just made up is better than "oh there are more prometheans and there's this guy who can make multiple copies of himself but insists on only doing it one or two at a time and he really likes cortana because she got cured by the forerunners and now has attained AI future awareness and is more callous towards human life and for some reason we need to stop master chief from doing his job the god damn traitor better send a team of lesser spartans to do the job so they can get their ass beat before helping chief do whatever he wants anyway meanwhile the Arbiter is having problems and we can only spare those 4 shit-tier spartans who inexplicably continue to work really hard even though Locke and probably at least Buck know that with how close they are to the ONI side of the mission chances are that they're going to be killed at the end so nobody knows how fucking retarded ONI actually is so we better just send only those 4, also Cortana could have stopped this at any time since she basically controls the new prometheans but she wanted to cause all this trouble to see if the chief was trustworthy or something even though they spent years saving each others lives and working together and this might make sense if she were still rampant but she FUCKING ISNT WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS FUCKING STORY 343 YOU CAN'T JUST SHIT ON THE HALO WORLD THIS BAD NOBODY EVER PLAYED HALO FOR THE STORY BUT YOU DIDNT HAVE TO MAKE IT SUCH A FUCKING JOKE YOU WORSE THAN KOJIMA HACK MOTHERFUCKERS"
>>
>>321850978
u mad lol
>>
File: 1448158132196.gif (976 KB, 252x198) Image search: [Google]
1448158132196.gif
976 KB, 252x198
>>321850978
Someone is angry
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.