[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Geni ibun roku #fe prediction
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6
File: 2015-12-28-222530.jpg (134 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-28-222530.jpg
134 KB, 960x544
Years from now this game will be considerd a cult classic like xenoblade chronicles. It may not sell well nor be the game smt and fe fans wanted but it will still be a good game in its own right.
>>
File: 5193_6.jpg (86 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
5193_6.jpg
86 KB, 500x350
I see this game falling into threads for "Oh right, that happened." games like Metroid Prime Pinball and pic related.
>>
>>321834865
Yes
>>
>>321834865
NBA street was pretty good
>>
>>321834294
Let's be real. Very few will look back fondly on this game, and those will not include the people at Nintendo and Atlus.
>>
>>321834294
I think it'll either be regarded as just okay, or a hidden gem.
>>
>>321834294
>idolshit
>cult classic

Nah, this'll be that weird Japanese game people are too embarrassed to speak about. Disliked by both SMT fans and FE fans, it literally has no appeal or staying power.
>>
>>321834865
Basically. Maybe one day it'll be regarded as one of those "should've been named something else" games, like with that happened to DmC. I personally think DmC isn't very good, mind.

>>321835948
Aye, not quite sure what the appeal is. I'll play anything weeb, but it's a little too much for me.
>>
I plan on getting this game when it comes west. I've always been interested since i'm an Atlus fan boy.
If it's trash I'll admit it's trash. But disregarding anything by Atlus because of looks is retarded.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uKMXJCjGApc
>>
People wouldn't be as upset if it didn't try to be fire emblem or smt
>>
>>321837367
It's not trying to be either
>>
>>321837442
EXACTLY
>>
>>321835009
All 3 were really good. Id love another one.
>>
>>321835948
Im sure plenty of persona and idol fans will eat it up.
>>321837442
And thats why people are pissed. It announced itself as SMT X FE but the actual product has very little to do with either.
>>
>>321834865
Does this make modern day america cannon in the mario universe?
>>
Despite initially saying it's garbage, /v/ will eventually love it and constantly praise it when it turns out SJW also think it's garbage.
>>
>>321838636
>It announced itself as SMT X FE
Two years prior.
And it's been 9 months since the new reveal trailer.
Grow up and stop crying.
>>
>>321837367
Its more like persona then anything else. It just has a few elements from the 2 games.
>>
>>321838967
I'm not crying, Ive basically moved on.

Im still disappointed. Even ignoring the fact it abandoned what it announced itself as, it looks terrible
>>
>>321838636
I like Persona and this looks like shit. People should stop comparing it to Persona, it's only similar to 4.
>>
>>321838636
>>321838967
That initial SMTxFE trailer really hurt this game. Also Nintendo not really properly explaining why and when it was changed, or even just apologising to fans, ruffled quite a few feathers. Just a whole lot of lack of communication going on. I'd like to know what went on behind the scenes.

>>321838947
I dunno, every reaction just seems to be "meh" or general uninterest.
>>
>>321839093
>it looks terrible
Nah. You're just saying that because idols are normalfag repellent.
>>
>>321839168
How does it look like shit? explain please.
>>
File: SMTxFE.jpg (2 MB, 2000x3737) Image search: [Google]
SMTxFE.jpg
2 MB, 2000x3737
>>321837442
>>321837536
>>321838967

pff-hahahaha
>>
>>321840627
Keep crying them bitch tears.
Your generic SRPG crossover was a terrible idea in the first place.
>>
>>321840721
And a generic idolshit game is so much better then?
>>
>>321840627
reminder that Nuts and Bolts was fun as hell and Spiral Mountain looked even better in-game than in that preview
>>
>>321834294
I agree, looking forward to it getting released in the west regardless of sales or censorship.

Anyone still scorn over it not being SMTxFE really only have themselves to blame for getting their hopes up and ignoring most of the developers when they talked about the game.
>>
>>321836314
This. What the fuck is Catherine? I believe it will probably be at least a 7/10 gameplay wise but I'll just have to mute the game or some shit
>>321839168
You can't deny that the persona fanbase brought this on and you will never be forgiven for ruining a title with such potential like SMT x FE
>>
>>321841349
Tell me where they talked about it. Honestly no one would have been upset if they had not mislead us during the first 2 years of dev.
>>
>>321840721
>Keep crying them bitch tears.
It's the first post I make on this thread, senpai

I don't even own a WiiU and never had interest in the game

I just find it funny how there are people defending this choice and denying it was an obvious bait&switch, onii-chan desu familia
>>
>>321841763
Shortly after the collaboration announcement there was a Q&A with the development leads on their vision for the game. Stating that they envisioned a modern Tokyo with winged Pegasus flying around, landing on iconic buildings, and knights in armor fighting demons on the streets.

Then after months of silence and 'vaporware' comments circling the net, there was another Q&A, a short one, where they discussed that the protagonist would be normal students who'd be able to call upon the power of various FE characters, taking them from their everyday normal lives and making them into heroes.

Of course the whole idol stuff wasn't ever mentioned, but considering the setting it's not really surprising that some of the characters are.
>>
Anyone who likes the end result of SMTxFE should be ashamed of themselves. You can do so much with both franchises crossing over. And they settled with Persona lite.
>>
It will be in literally every hidden gem thread in the distant future. The Japs who did buy it had very positive feedback and it's pretty rare for Japanese people to actually like a video game.
>>
>>321842078
>it was an obvious bait&switc
It wasn't though.
Not that I would expect a shitposter like yourself to know anything.
>>
>>321839192
Idols are literally the biggest normie thing in Japan
They're like the Britanny Spears of Nipon
>>
>>321842237
Honestly, they only have themselves to blame. It's unfortunate that the initial trailer was such a brilliant idea as well, regardless of whether they ever had any plans to make it. I dunno, something went on behind the scenes.
>announce the trailer literally as "Shin Megami Tensei meets Fire Emblem" as seen here >>321840627
>quietly turn it into "a modern Tokyo with winged Pegasus flying around, landing on iconic buildings, and knights in armor fighting demons on the streets"
It's weird. I think it was the idol stuff that annoyed people, as you said it was never mentioned. Such a strange dev cycle. I wouldn't of minded the modern Tokyo Pegasus stuff at all.
>>
>>321842335
Atlus is the one that decided to just include references and things from other games, it was ultimately their decision to create something separate than just throw both of the franchises together.

It may have not been what we wanted, but it doesn't look like a bad game in it's own right either way.
>>
>>321842237
>Stating that they envisioned a modern Tokyo with winged Pegasus flying around, landing on iconic buildings, and knights in armor fighting demons on the streets.
Honestly I (and I'm sure many others) thought that it would be a post apocalyptic modern Tokyo when they said that
>>
>>321843046
We saw a ruined tokyo in the trailer in april
>>
>>321843142
That ended up being just a dungeon. The final dungeon coincidentally.
>>
>>321842801
And I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea, but at first I wasn't really feeling the turn the game made either, I wasn't expecting SMTxFE though, but the colors, idols, and lighthearted appearance did strike me more as being geared towards the Persona fanbase. After watching more trailers and announcement videos, however, i warmed up to it.

>>321843046
> thought that it would be a post apocalyptic modern Tokyo when they said that
Same. I envisioned ruined buildings, dark atmosphere, and the such, something you'd see in an SMT game. Again though, I've warmed up to what the game currently is and SMT IV Final is announced as well.
>>
File: The nightmare is not over.png (48 KB, 900x1550) Image search: [Google]
The nightmare is not over.png
48 KB, 900x1550
>>321842467
>It w-wasn't

hehehehe

Have fun breh. It is what it is, you know what I'm sayin' ?

Enjoy your ONLY jrpg next year, assuming you only own a WiiU, that will only come out Q4, while I enjoy the 20+ rpgs coming out on every other platform that aren't idolshit baitu andu switchu
>>
>>321843346
Yeah, I'm sure I'd be a lot more upset at the game now if they didn't announce IV Final
I'm still kind of bummed that they're making this the big 3D console game instead of a mainline one, but whatever, my vitriol for the game died down a lot
>>
>>321843348
Im so confused with this image
>>
>>321843209
>just ended up being a dungeon
Oh, now that is just plain dishonest. I'm ambivalent to the game itself, but that is pretty sneaky to put that in the advertising, regarding the fact that the SMT was scraped off the title.

>>321843346
I guess we'll have to wait until it releases properly, because I kinda want to see what the story is, how the FE characters interact with the real world, what the monsters are etc.

>>321843603
Final being announced did help a lot, plus Persona 5 does look great. I loved the look of Catherine, it's a real shame Atlus didn't use that engine again on the last generation consoles. I keep hearing that they're remaking all the new demons in proper HD models for P5, so there are rumours we might finally get a home console SMT or even a Raidou. I'd love to play Devil Summoner 3 on a big screen.
>>
>>321838947
>/v/ will eventually love it
http://strawpoll.me/6385151/r
>>
>>321844310
>botted strawpoll
>>
>>321842951
>but it doesn't look like a bad game in it's own right either way.
Yes it does. Its fucking idolmaster weeaboo garbage. FE and SMT, while Japanese, aren't weeaboo garbage, outside of a few installments, like Awakening and Persona. They've always been fairly westernized series.
>>
Ehh we can all blame Sega for this shit, SMT X FE would have been great but Sega LOVES THEM MIKU GAMES
>>
>>321834294
>Years from now this game will be considerd a cult classic like xenoblade chronicles
Basically.
>>
File: 2015-12-25-212455.jpg (146 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-25-212455.jpg
146 KB, 960x544
Not liking idols? You disapoint me /v/.
>>
>>321838807
maybe it makes Mario canon in modern day america
>>
>>321841207
It was repetitive and wasted potential.

The novelty of vehicle building wears off after a while, and the game still falls short with or without the BK label.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.