[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fallout 1 & 2 are literally the most overrated games of all time.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: shit.jpg (88 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
88 KB, 960x720
Fallout 1 & 2 are literally the most overrated games of all time.
>>
You mean Half Life 1 and 2 right?
>>
>I've never played a game released before 2008 but I want to sound deep and insightful:the Post
Fuck off underage
>>
>>321833902
>Inb4 baited
"Overrated" is probably the most used word nowadays by pseudo-critics to say something popular is shit without the use of arguments.
Yes, you are all rebels for hating something that is popular, you free-minded no sheep-people!
>>
>>321833902
t. todd howard
>>
>>321833902
New Vegas is more overrated. At least Fallout 1 and 2 were actual roleplaying games.
>>
>>321834551
People that incorrectly label terms they hate seeing as overused and "buzzwords" are even worse.
>>
>>321835653
Good thing he didn't use either of those words then, I guess.
>>
>>321835526
I guess Fallout 3 and Fallout 4 are also more overrated if you're including that.
>>
>>321833902
i think tactics is overrated
>>
File: stop liking.jpg (54 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
stop liking.jpg
54 KB, 600x600
old games are shit! SHIT!
>>
>>321833902
You mean the Halo series
>>
>>321833902
The sky is blue. Anyone not inbred knows that OP
>>
>>321833902
You mean Pacgirl, right?
>>
>still one of the best roleplaying experiences one can get in a singleplayer game
>still one of the best written games
>still one of the most interesting settings and memorable locations
>still the one of a few games that does non-lethal right
>>
>>321837641
>blowing up a huge base
>putting bombs in peoples pockets
>non-lethal
>>
>>321837103
You mean Call of Duty. Halo may be overrated, but CoD has been overrated longer.
>>
>>321833902
Halo 2's multiplayer isn't as great as everyone tries to pretend it is.
>>
>>321834551
What's crazy is that calling something overrated barely even seems like an insult.

"Everyone thinks favorably of this series. Too favorably. That's its flaw; people like it TOO much. It doesn't deserve to be enjoyed so much by so many people."
>>
>>321833902
Playing games is overrated
>>
>>321833902
I think its overrated among its genre. There were CRPGs released during that era with better stories and gameplay that still hold up today. Fallout aged like milk.
>>
That would be Tumblrmeme: the Soundtrackgame, but w/e
>>
>>321837641
>still one of the best roleplaying experiences one can get in a singleplayer game
90% of the perks are useless. 75% of the skills are useless because there are no checks. I can reload anytime I fail at stealing and try again.

>still one of the best written games
You mean like the short one line dialogue options like "I want to kick some ass." "I want to kill more ass", "Whose ass are we kicking?"
>>
>>321839987

Only person I've seen talking about it outside of threads made specially for it these last several weeks has been people like you on bitching about it here on 4chan. The game's okay but the fans were a little annoying. They're nothing compared to you contrarian everything-hating fucks though.
>>
>>321840851
This is fair
The system of it the % of stats being a chance when it comes to lockpicking, stealing etc is so fucking retarded

Because as you said you can just re-load in a second
You're right about the perks and skills too, it's such an unbalanced game and you run into so many dead ends it's ridiculous
>>
File: fuckmyshitup.gif (455 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
fuckmyshitup.gif
455 KB, 1280x720
Defend talking deathclaws
>>
>>321843224
Cats are almost able to talk, why not deathclaws?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkwiQmGWK4c
>>
>>321843224
Whats wrong with it? I kind of like that idea.
>>
File: still.png (13 KB, 541x354) Image search: [Google]
still.png
13 KB, 541x354
>Help us we need a "Water chip" or we're kill

what did they mean by this?
>>
Well /v/, my save file for 2 was corrupted 11 hours in. Is it worth it to start over?

I've been playing through 1 in the meantime and really enjoy it. I think I might load up 2 in a year or so when I've forgotten the particulars.
>>
>>321833902
I know right
Only Fallout deserves the praise, Fallout 2 is the same but longer and worse.

>>321843224
The Enclave did it, they had the technology.

>>321847258
Have you played 1? If no, do so. If yes, play only Fallout 2 if you are a huge Fallout fan that wants to explore as much Fallout as possible.
Maybe you want to wait a couple of months, after having your data wiped out it can become super heavy to start again.
>>
>>321845950
Would that even help with radiation?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.