[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did this series go so bad? What would /v/ like to see happen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: Saints Row.jpg (485 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Saints Row.jpg
485 KB, 1024x768
Why did this series go so bad? What would /v/ like to see happen in the future?
>>
The damage has been done, there is no fixing it unless they reboot it
>>
They jumped the shark. Two was as silly as it could get without it losing it's charm.
>>
>>321831830
I doubt they have the balls to go back to the Saints Row 2 style. I'd pay a legit $100 for a true Saints Row 3 that finished the storyline while ignoring The Third and 4,
>>
>>321831390
Never played any SR game
Seems like one of these gta clones that all came and went after gta3
>>
>>321832317
1 was a GTA clone but still had a whole lot of style of its own. 2 was amazing. It improved on everything 1 did except online. 3 was shit. 4 isn't even a Saints Row game anymore.
>>
>>321831390
I guess they pandered to a more casual lol randumb audience and it worked. Would also love a proper SR2 sequel, 3 is fun but feels hollow compared to SR2 or gtaSA
>>
I beat GOoH today after leaving it literally at Satan's doorstep for 11 months.
That final boss wasn't fun and the multiple endings options sounded lame.

>>321831390
>SR 2-4 never happened
>it was all a coma dream fromm the yacht explosion
>>
>>321831390
>What would /v/ like to see happen in the future?

A good Saints Row 2 port. Gentlemen of the Row clearly showed it's capability to be modified, modified quite extensively, but nobody cared because it was a broken buggy fucking mess.
>>
It tried to be the next GTA, when that dream failed they went "fuck it" and jumped the shark because why not?
>>
wish the SR2 PC port wasn't that fucked up
>>
>>321833087
But 2 was amazing and put the series on the right track. Why make it a dream?
>>
>>321831390
>SR1 was a bad GTA clone
>SR2 was a GTA clone with flavor
>SR3 was a meme game
>SR4 was a super hero game

honestly the series as a whole is pretty unlikable and I'd rather Volition just go ahead and make a fully fledged super hero game with guns that I can shoot in the air
>>
>>321833770
It would be easier to write story-wise. Really has nothing to do with the gameplay or how great SR2 is.
>>
Every time I remember how hype I was for Saint's Row 3 and how shit it actually was I just want to die.
>>
SR3 is a great game, SR4 is a good game.
>>
When they dropped "protect the pimp".
Never played online after that
>>
>>321834263
I'm the same way. I was so fucking hype for that game. I still have the Game Informer that had the feature on it

>>321834658
That shit was broken as fuck but still some of the most fun I've ever had online. That and Blinged Out Ride.
>>
>>321834658
>plays saints row online
Woawww
>>
>>321835049
Yea. Before you kiddies ruined the series. You are probably too young to remember.
>>
>>321834854
so many memories.
>making a gang and everyone dressed as hitler
>>
>>321834263
I preordered it and wait tirelessly for months and it was probably the most disappointed I had ever felt in a game up until that point
>>
>>321835265
you're a shit
>>
>>321834854
Blinged out ride was so fucking fun. SR1's multiplayer will be sorely missed. I kind of feel bad for those that missed out on it.
>>
When they destroyed the amazing online sr1 had and made the single player a cheesy meme simulator.
>>
>>321835549
>multiplayer will be sorely missed

I'll never understand why they ruined the online. Or the game in general...
>>
File: 1445640378124.gif (2 MB, 177x150) Image search: [Google]
1445640378124.gif
2 MB, 177x150
>>321835623
>single player a cheesy meme simulator

too true.
>>
File: 1436700551304.jpg (19 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
1436700551304.jpg
19 KB, 205x246
>>321835378
I too preordered. Probably watched the trailer 100 times. I should've known. I even got all my friends hype. They could tell right away how disappointed I was. I'll never get hype for anything ever again to avoid that horrendous feeling.
>>
a remastered Saints Row 2 for PS4/XBO/PC

That's all I want
I want online back and I want a playable PC version
>>
>>321835549
I was one of the founders of a top 10 gang in sr1. My heart hurts thinking about how fucking fun that shit was.
>>
>>321834263
>>321835895
>>321835378

Same boat here. Super hyped to beat SR3 with my best bro just like we did with SR2, only to be crushed. We played it once, and never again.
>>
>>321835895
Are you me? Saints Row 3 killed my soul as far as hyping games goes. I'm pretty apathetic towards getting games new ever since then or even having basic expectations.
>>
>>321835895
>>321836731

You both are exactly me as well. To the rest of the world we are seen as simply nostalgiafags. But they will never know the pain we've felt.
>>
>>321837335
It sucks. Be there to see a game series from birth. Everyone laughed at us during SR1 because it was a GTA clone but we still played. 2 came out the same year as GTA4 yet we still played it and loved it. 3 got so much hype behind it and looked so good in previews that you felt there was no way it could be bad. The thought didn't even cross your mind. Then it came out and you don't even know what was happening. The setting was changed. All the characters were different. The tone was different. It was just so lifeless.
>>
Somewhere around the start of 3 Volition had to be having issues. Maybe building a brand new city was too much for them, whatever it was they scaled content back across the board. They also felt they had to get wackier and flashier as a response to the very dour GTAIV, which if you'll take your Gay Tony-tinted glasses off had a strong negative reaction about its tone.
>>
it started to get too wacky.

jesus christ was 3 just awful
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.