[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Excluding criticisms of typical EA bullshit, what does /v/ think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 16
File: Battlefield_4_cover_art.jpg (24 KB, 260x383) Image search: [Google]
Battlefield_4_cover_art.jpg
24 KB, 260x383
Excluding criticisms of typical EA bullshit, what does /v/ think of Battlefield 4?
And do you have any hype for BF5?
>>
I got it for 12 with premium during the sale, it's fun, shotguns are great.

Didn't like the maps too much aside from maybe Flood Zone.
>>
3 was better.

4 is a Tryhard fest
>>
the best FPS on the market.
>>
>>321827938
Absolutely amazing, better than 3 in all aspects, i play it almost everyday ever since release even when it was bad.
>>
It all went downhill.
3 was better and BC2 was better than 3 and so on.

Battlefield is a sinking ship, Hardline proves it.
>>
>>321827938
None of the maps stand about and it's really boring to play because of it.
>>
They need another WWII BF or create another Vietnam one. That shit was so fun.
>>
>>321827938
I used to play this all the time, don't know why I stopped. Never had any problems with performance, crashes or netcode
>>
>>321828731
You are joking right? Fucking Siege of Shangai is incredible, Parcel storm is ok and Caspian Border2014 is legendary, Dragon Valey is litterally my current favorite.

The only maps i hate are the ones without vehicles in it, i mean isan't vehicular battles the point of buying battlefield and not cod?
>>
>>321829143
None of the vehicles have much point within the game. I mean, they aren't as good, as the maps limit them.

Also Seige of Shanghai is good until a fuckhead makes the building collapse or (on rush) when a tank rams himself in that underground part... (You know what I'm talking about)
>>
File: squad_logo[1].png (25 KB, 500x221) Image search: [Google]
squad_logo[1].png
25 KB, 500x221
im hype for when this gets more content
>>
>>321829446
Oh god yes, that game is pretty good!
It needs a couple more updates and it'll be unbeatable.
>>
i love BF4

everyone sucks dick at the game and are seemingly backwoods rednecks so i win everytime
>>
Best fps.
Pretty balanced considering all the guns.
Solid netcode after all the patches.
No map really feels the same.
Supported with free maps comming out every few months.
Insane ammount of costumization with guns, kits and even vehicles.
>>
>>321830028
>>321829883
>>321828456
>>321828372

What happened to this place?
>>
>>321830315
im willing to bet 97 cents you havent even played it. feel free to name another shooter on the market right now thats better than what BF4 is offering, ill wait.
>>
>>321830315
No clue.
Kinda sad actually, the casuals are everywhere.
>>
>>321830409
>97 cents
That is hard because games have been mindblowingly shit lately. Just because a game is less shit than others doesn't make it good.
>>
>>321830409
squad will be better at some point. In a lot of ways it already is.

Theres not many games out there that offer what battlefield offers but i'd much rather play something like insurgency or even CS over battlefield.
>>
>>321830409
battlefield 2 you fucking faggot you dont belong here
>>
>>321830540
alright man, continue to let whatever /v/ culture you have keep you from playing this legitimately decent game.

im not shilling but you can buy BF4 premium for $20 dollars right now, if you dont like it you can get a full refund.

>>321830645
>early access
>40 dollars

as of right now its devoid of content, walking, waiting, and then eventually a short firefight is what it comes down to. Project Reality is good enough right now, maybe squad will be good down the line. BF4 and PR arent too comparable anyway.

>>321830735
sure dude, just let me open BF2 and play on a server right n-oh.
>>
>>321830862
>>early access
>>40 dollars

and yet its better than the casual shitfest of a mess that is bf4. Embarrassing isnt it? At least squad has actual shooting mechanics
>>
>>321830862
>early access

BF4 may as well been early access during its first 6 months post release
>>
Having problems with my video card resetting when changing maps on essentially max settings. Heard it was a problem with factory OC'd cards. Anything I can use to underclock it slightly and by how much?
>>
> Worst map design ever. Only way to win is sit on a building and camp. Something not as common on BF3 and BFBC2.
> So many guns. Too bad like 3 of them are actually good. There is a reason you see people running the same class and loadouts.
> Explosive spam. Their million patches still can't fix it. And don't get me started with the missle lock on every second when you fly a chopper.

Fun for a while. But this game is far from top tier.
>>
File: artworks_cover.jpg (54 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
artworks_cover.jpg
54 KB, 600x600
>this entire thread
I recently picked up BF4, and at the sale price it's OK. Still liked BF2 a lot more.
>>
>>321830971
i can buy a complete game for $20 right now. is BF4 casual because im not calling out directions and shooting at someone I cant see? I didnt buy BF4 for that experience, thats what ArmA and PR is for.

>>321831053
and its all good now, i didnt buy it right as it was released anyhow.
>>
>>321829329
>None of the vehicles have much point within the game. I mean, they aren't as good, as the maps limit them.

YOU REALLY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT
jesus fucking christ why are you talking about something you clearly and batantly don't understand?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeRaOadQmuc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9Ow8vvD8q4
>>
>>321831147
>is BF4 casual because im not calling out directions and shooting at someone I cant see?

among other reasons yes

i feel bad for you who play and take this franchise seriously at this point. It's so far from what it used to be.
>>
>>321831139
Thats because when it released you were younger and easier to impress.
Theres nothing in bf2 that bf4 haven't improved.
>>
>>321831129
>3 guns good
AEK, M416, ACE 23, SAR-21, MG4, AK5C, ACW-R, MTAR-21, MPX, DBV12/DAO12, L86 (LMG or AR), AWS, JNG-90, GOL Magnum, SRR-61.

All great guns. Lots of other guns are fine too as long as you get used to them.
>>
>>321831292
Damn 2 maps where vehicles can make a change.
I'm surprised you didn't show the OP boat.

overall the maps are more compressed an focused on infantry, much like Hardline. Don't even deny it.
>>
>>321831629
this

game was homogenized into something closer to COD
>>
>implying 4 is good
wtf

>implying 3 was any good either

WTF?
>>
>>321831609
I worded that badly. But essentially, there are a lot. A LOT. Of useless weapons and equipment.
>>
Maps are extremely shit and netcode is horrible. And no I'm not hyped for BF5. Cause I know EA will fuck it up somehow.
>>
>>321831773
They're not so much "useless" as they are situational. Only weapons I would say that are outright bad are most DMRs and the majority of Sniper Rifles.

>>321831810
Oh look, a /v/ parrot talking about shit no longer relevant as of a year ago.
>>
>>321831125
Please respond.

To clarify, screen goes black and comes back with a message that my video card recovered from an error. Literally every other game runs perfectly on my GTX 960.
>>
its a game with a medic class that still refuses to drop regenerating health.

this is just one of many things that are indicative of the nonsensical design decisions behind modern battlefield games.
>>
>>321827938
It's shit. Bf2 and bfbc2 were the last good ones. Bf3 was fun but not great
>>
>>321832205
whats nonsensical about it? health regenerates so fast that its never a good idea to refuse healing.

at the same time its not a good idea to run across the map just to find a medic
>>
after playing games like red orchestra, insurgency and squad i can't imagine myself ever going back to the battlefield/cod style of military shooters
>>
>>321832406
unwillingness to commit to a concept that utilizes roles and coordination out of fear of breaking the generic mold of modern FPS

so they throw in both
>>
>>321832406
>at the same time its not a good idea to run across the map just to find a medic

well you don't have to, you just get the health back anyway
>>
>>321832431
>Implying Red Orchestra isn't rooty tooty run and shooty

If you said Ostfront, then maybe. RO2 was just as fucking bad, and had a god awful launch.
>>
>>321832523
and again, how is it nonsensical? They mix in standard battlefield ideas with modern fps ideas in hopes that old fans stick around and a new audience is reached.

the long-term success of the game seems to indicate its a good idea
>>
>>321831428
But on the flip side there is a number of things that BF2 got right, that BF4 has regressed in. Such as: unlocks for vehicles, spawning on more than the squad leader/flags, and map size.

Both games are fun, I just wish that BF4 was the best it can be.
>>
>>321832778
>They mix in standard battlefield ideas with modern fps ideas in hopes that old fans stick around and a new audience is reached.

Yeah. You really don't belong here. Back to wherever you came.

>the long-term success of the game seems to indicate its a good idea

awesome, they appealed to normies and lemmings and now we have a really lame game that lasts a long time
>>
>>321832687
what is ostfront? a RO clone? google just shows me red orchestra
>>
>>321832778
Sorry, thought i made it clear with my first post why its nonsensical.

>unwillingness to commit to a concept that utilizes roles and coordination out of fear of breaking the generic mold of modern FPS

>unwillingness to commit to a concept that utilizes roles and coordination out of fear

No. It's not good your game got casualized. No. Its longevity isnt proof that its a good decision. Maybe a good decision for EA
>>
>>321832979
so the game is really lame but people still enjoy it and continue to play it years after launch?
>>
>>321832979
>WAAAH I WANT THEM ONLY TO CATER TO ME AND GO UNDER AND BE INCAPABLE OF MAKING FUTURE GAMES BECAUSE I CAN'T USE SERVER FILTERS!

Speaking of don't belong here, you need to be 18+ to post. You should also be in bed by now. Don't let your Mom catch you, or she'll ground you for throwing a tantrum.
>>
>>321833173
yup

happens plenty in the industry

Also helps there isnt many other games offering the BF experience
>>
>>321833076
Ostfront was the first Red Orchestra, non-mod game.

RO2 is the cash grab attempt at the casual market that tried to compete with CoD and Battlefield.
>>
File: 1439573460259.jpg (131 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
1439573460259.jpg
131 KB, 500x374
>>321833186
nah, take it somewhere else
>>
>>321833125
no you didnt make it clear, and you still havent.

why I being afraid of alienating a large audience by changing the modern fps formula nonsensical?
>>
>>321833280
I own both and they are pretty much exactly the same minus the graphics
>>
>>321833378
>why I being afraid of alienating a large audience by changing the modern fps formula nonsensical?

simplifies the game. Gives less to the players. Caters to those who will only play for a short period of time opposed to those who will play for years and years.

It's bad design. Just because more lemmings like it, and it allows to company to make more homogenized soulless and simplistic shooters doesn't mean its a good design decision.

Don't know how much clearer i can make it, kid.
>>
>>321833280

>RO2 is the cash grab attempt at the casual market that tried to compete with CoD and Battlefield.

Oh, people are still persisting with this shit, huh? How about you explain what makes RO2 so casual compared to the first game?
>>
>>321833220
do you honestly expect me to believe that hundreds of thousands of people are willingly wasting their time on a bad game?

do you even truly believe this?
>>
>>321833539
>muh zooming iron sights
>>
>>321833587
>hundreds of thousands of people are willingly wasting their time on a bad game?

yes

>do you even truly believe this?

again, you don't belong here.
>>
>>321833526
> Caters to those who will only play for a short period of time opposed to those who will play for years and years.

if thats the case then why are so many people playing years after release?

>It's bad design.

how?

>Don't know how much clearer i can make it, kid.

maybe by actually explaining yourself instead of just saying the game is bad and offering no argument? or are you one of those people who think that any sort of streamlining or simplification is always bad?
>>
The gameplay is pretty solid after all the patches but the maps are mostly shit. Battlefield 2 and 3 had much better maps.
>>
>>321828372

Best FPS on the market is R6 Siege.
>>
>>321827938
Well EA marketer If I had a choice I would put more ocean maps in.
>>
>>321833681

>muh zooming iron sights

You know that the game has a mode specifically designed to remove features like that, right? And most of the popular servers run that mode.
>>
>>321833826

>maybe by actually explaining yourself instead of just saying the game is bad and offering no argument?

Explained myself. Gave my reasons.

>or are you one of those people who think that any sort of streamlining or simplification is always bad?

alright ill cut it off here
>>
>>321833974
theres an entire DLC dedicated to ocean maps
>>
>>321827938
I enjoyed it a lot. The big maps and vehicle combat are great after you figure out how to pilot helicopters
>>
>>321834038
>Explained myself. Gave my reasons.

you didnt explain shit.

its bad design? why? its nonsensical? why?
>>
>70 posts 23 posters
>no arguing
>plenty of people saying bf4 is good
shills
>>
>>321834209

This entire thread is full of shit flinging. What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>321830409
Literally Rainbow Six Siege
>>
>>321834170
>simplifies the game. Gives less to the players. Caters to those who will only play for a short period of time opposed to those who will play for years and years.

>unwillingness to commit to a concept that utilizes roles and coordination out of fear of breaking the generic mold of modern FPS

don't know what else you want from me
>>
>>321833963
Your job seems awful.
>>
>>321834053
I know, I enjoyed it.

The problem is theres not a lot of places to go from now and, and the content bf4 has will be hard to match.
>>
Battlefield 4 makes me just want a simple game where you don't have to unlock shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 550x343) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 550x343
FPS is a tired genre that needs to be retired for a bit in exchange for some bigger name alternatives, but as far as rehash shooters go, BF4 (when it isn't crashing) is okay. A little less fun than 3, a lot less fun than Bad Co 2, and absolute garbage in comparison to BF2
>>
>>321830409

Cod
R6
Arma
Titanfall tho near dead
Even hardline ismore fun than bf4

Bf4 isnt hard to surpass because too shit to begin with
>>
>>321833539
>Faster movement with less penalties for moving
>Guns faster and easier to aim, fire, and reload even after depleting stamina
>Tank play is laughable shit compared to Ostfront
>Only recently got fucking transports, not that it matters as most maps are shoebox sized compared to Ostfront

RO2 mechanically is about as deep as a puddle.
>>
>>321834293
>simplifies the game

and this is bad? are you saying simple games like tetris cannot be good?

>Gives less to the players.

how does it give less? the medic equipment is still in the game and the assault class can be more than just a medic if they want.

>Caters to those who will only play for a short period of time opposed to those who will play for years and years.

again, the community is still active years after release how can you say this?

I agree with this, but how is it non-nonsensical?
>>
>>321830409

Battlefront

It has more players so therefore its better
>>
File: .jpg (160 KB, 700x1106) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
160 KB, 700x1106
>>321827938
>BF5
has it being annouced for next year? Man, I really loved 2, BFBC2, 3 and 4, but after the Star Wars battlefront fiasco I dont think I will get BF5 premium, I have premium for ps4 and last year I got the basic pc version and its really enjoyable without all the extra maps
>>
>>321827938
shaped up pretty nicely

too little to late though but to be fair pretty much every BF is good on it's last legs, I love DICE's support of it and getting around to free maps

hate that the maps weren't ass good as BF3's
hate that support became the OP go to for everything class
hate all kit weapons ruining balance
hate TOO many weapons leaving many outright useless in most situations
hate less than 6 classes to choose from

>hype

no fuck off
>>
>>321834741
BF4 has way more players on PC now and that's the only platform that matters for FPS games.
>>
>>321834741
not on pc
>>
>>321834645
>and this is bad? are you saying simple games like tetris cannot be good?

If a sequel to tetris came out and change it to where you could clear rows regardless of color, then yes, it would be bad.

Everything about modern battlefield has been simplified since its inception. Shooting mechanics simplified. Squad roles simplified. Map designed simplified.

Yes. Its. Bad.
>>
>>321834878
You didnt add that bf4 has the most retarded unlock system
>>
>>321834878
>If a sequel to tetris came out and change it to where you could clear rows regardless of color, then yes, it would be bad.

thats how tetris normally is, you are thinking of bejeweled or some shit

and again you are simply saying it is bad, why is it bad?
>>
>>321834637

I might have agreed with this back in 2012, but almost none of these complaints are valid with the current state of RO2.
>>
>>321834878
You clear rows by completion in tetris you fucking retarded newfag
>>
>>321835047
>and again you are simply saying it is bad, why is it bad?

players expect expansion (or at least retention) of the concepts they love, not simplification. Don't know why or how this is so hard for you
>>
>>321834878
>If a sequel to tetris came out and change it to where you could clear rows regardless of color, then yes, it would be bad.

What the actual fuck are you talking about
Have you even actually played tetris
>>
>>321834614
>Even hardline ismore fun than bf4
lol, I didnt even knew Visceral games was able to afford shills
>>
>>321835173
>>321835195

i mixed the game of with columns

haven't played tetris in more years then you've been born
>>
>>321834878

Er. Are you actually trying to make an argument about game design without understanding the gameplay mechanics of fucking Tetris?
>>
>>321835319
mixed the game up

if it would settle your autism then if a sequel to tetris came out and it automatically rotated your blocks for you then it would be worse. There.
>>
>>321835184
and is non-regenerating health a concept most players love? its such a pervasive concept that you would have a hard time convincing anyone thats what the fans want, given how its inclusion or not does not seem to affect the reception of a FPS game
>>
File: 1331941587946.jpg (104 KB, 515x515) Image search: [Google]
1331941587946.jpg
104 KB, 515x515
>>321835294
>conceivably ever mixing up Tetris with Columns
>quip about age

I'm so sure, anon.
I'm so fucking sure
>>
>>321835487
>and is non-regenerating health a concept most players love?

Why would you ask this? We are discussing the simplification of a game to appeal to the masses. Of course most players don't love that. Most players of this franchise have shit taste.

Go figure?
>>
>>321835452
that would also remove a core gameplay mechanic of the game.

adding regenerating health, in the way done in bf4, doesnt remove a core gameplay feature, since medics are still needed.
>>
>>321835294
>haven't played tetris in more years then you've been born
>then
Maybe you should have spent those years learning to not be a complete fucking retard.
>>
>>321835507
>>conceivably ever mixing up Tetris with Columns

yeah how would you ever mix those up right?
>>
>>321835689
>being this petty
>>
>>321835613
>We are discussing the simplification of a game to appeal to the masses. Of course most players don't love that.

how can a game that appeals to the masses not be loved by most players? what do you mean by 'masses' then?
>>
File: 1422326311263.png (70 KB, 288x288) Image search: [Google]
1422326311263.png
70 KB, 288x288
>>321835690
About as easily as mixing up checkers and chess
If you really are that much older than me then you must have fucking alzheimers
>>
>>321835690

>yeah how would you ever mix those up right?

That's a good question anon. How could you mix those games up without having temporal lobe damage?
>>
had heaps of fun with 3
couldnt even play 4 for more than an hour
couldnt care less about BF5
>>
>>321835835
wtf? No seriously. What. The. Fuck.

You asked if most players liked non-regenerating health. I said no, of course they don't, since the goal of modern BF is to appeal to most players, and it contains regenerating health.

I don't even know how to communicate with someone like you.
>>
>>321835850
>>321835865

good for you guys
>>
File: 1451167281449.jpg (7 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1451167281449.jpg
7 KB, 250x250
>people like 3 more than 4

but why
>>
>>321836038
how can most people not like it if it appeals to most people

how can you even think that makes sense
>>
>>321836038
>>321836238
You absolutely reek of reddit
Please go back there
>>
>>321835850
>>321835865

not him but its not that big of a mixup. both falling block games. One is about completing lines and the other about matching colors
>>
>>321836326
Wtf? Seriously did you have a stroke?

I'm saying most people don't like non-regenerating health.

have you been reading my posts?
>>
>>321836468
if most people dont like it, then why would adding it appeal to most people?

what do you mean by 'most people'?
>>
>>321836246
it wasn't just COD with tanks
>>
>>321836246

>liking that shit that bf4 is

They literally improved the netcode and ruined everything else
>>
>>321836541
If most people prefer regenerating health then why is it being added to a game thats reaching for mass appeal?

Is that what you're asking me?
>>
>>321836246
bf3 was better for rush, bf4 is better for conquest.

fans of the bad company games would like bf3 better.

fans bf2/bf2142 would like bf4 more
>>
>>321836683
no if most people dont prefer it, like you said.

if most people dont like it, why would they add it if they want to appeal to the masses?
>>
>>321831761
BC2 babby detected
>>
File: Star_Wars_Battlefront_2015_box.jpg (19 KB, 300x329) Image search: [Google]
Star_Wars_Battlefront_2015_box.jpg
19 KB, 300x329
>>321827938
The DLC was ok
>>
>>321827938
I got my computer upgraded just to play it, got the full 120 pre order package, and never regretted it.

I think honestly, the launch issues were overblown, but it's ok since it led to DICE constantly polishing it further, and great free dlc.

It's the best shooter on the market, and I'm looking forward to pretty much doing it all over again for BF5.
>>
>>321836696
That's... not too far off.

I put probably 350+ hours into playing rush in BF3 on my 360, but BF4 is definitely better for 64 player conquest.

I fucking loved playing both BC2 and BF2 and I like them both the same, mostly because rush vs. conquest are 2 completely different modes.
>>
Its decent now since the netcode is pretty gud.

Still think BC2/BF3 were better though meh.
>>
>>321836832
>>321836832
no you fucking clown

i said most people dont prefer NON-REGNERATING HEALTH

THUS....

LET ME GO SLOW

THEY WOULDNT INCLUDE IT IN A GAME THATS AIMING FOR MASS APPEAL

hold on...im going to copy paste that again so you can read it twice

i said most people DONT prefer NON-REGNERATING HEALTH

THUS....

LET ME GO SLOW (is it sinking in this time?)

THEY WOULDNT INCLUDE IT IN A GAME THATS AIMING FOR MASS APPEAL
>>
>>321834614
ARMA doesn't belong in that list.
>>
>>321836038
Who even gives a shit about regenerating health? The only players that rely on it are scrubs with less than 2.5 KPM and you shouldn't be dying to that type of terrible scrub anyways.
>>
File: wutsdat.png (365 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
wutsdat.png
365 KB, 700x500
>>321831629
Yeah thats the problem right there you faggot fuck
If vehicles are too good
>bullshit op boat is op as fuck nerf it right now
then they nerf it
>bullshit boat is useless now fuck dice broken game 0/10
then they balance it
>bullshit vehicles are meaningless they make no difference at all.

JUST
>>
>>321836246
Because bf3 was free for a limited time and they didn't even played 4 they are just here to post their uninformed opnions and call it shitpost because thats how you ebin.
>>
>>321836562
>it wasn't just COD with tanks

yeah it was mostly just COD
>>
>>321836562
BF3 is much closer to CoD than BF4 is. Vehicles play a much bigger role in 4 and TTK and gun play in 3 was much closer to CoD.
>>
>>321837909

I have more hours in hardline than in bf4 thats how shit bf4 is

I'd rather wouldve paid for bf3 or bc2 with a better netcode so i would still play them
>>
>>321827938

Loved 3 but 4 is somehow rubbish, its a shame they fixed it after I logged in so many hours at the start, the damage was done and I never went back. Rainbow 6 is way more fun anyway
>>
>>321837151
not that guy but regardless of that regenerating health is not present in hardcore mode so if you are litterally NOT A CASUAL you will try hardcore mode, it even have more players ffs
you guys are discussing medicines for a dead horse.
>>
>>321838354
>more hours in hardline than bf4

that pretty much states how terrible your opinion is
>>
>2016
>DICE still not competent enough to make CODlike killcam to spot cheaters and hackers more easily
>>
D-d-does anyone want to play right now? Just bought it on sale, and i have all DLC.

US-East

Add DiLLaDonuts i promise im not a scrub
>>
>>321838763

>more hours in bf4 than hardline

that pretty much states how terrible your opinion is
>>
>>321830540
>games have been mindblowingly shit lately
I have like an entire legion of normies and other decent people telling me otherwise, maybe you are jaded fuck in place filled with other jaded fucks, fact that you and everyone else should've realized by now.
>>
File: 144091828512.png (399 KB, 431x413) Image search: [Google]
144091828512.png
399 KB, 431x413
>Battlefield 2 is so much better than Call of Duty 2
>Plays Karkland 24/7
>>
>>321827938
Hot garbage at launch, the game is much better now, but the fucked up server browser makes this game look dead.
>>
>>321833963
Definitely
>>
>>321838254
>>321838105
BF4 is just Lock On: Modern Anti Air Combat
>>
Curbstomps are never fun. What were they thinking with that snow map. It's like Metro 2.0
>>
>>321838935
there are 18,000 people playing hardline right now across all platforms.

there are 74,000 people playing bf4 across all platforms.

so you are saying your opinion is better and those 74,000 people are just plebs?

hardline was a straight up flop and that is undeniable
>>
I just recently got back into it, the amount of maps is insane and I got a cheap Premium thing so I have all of them, Dragon Valley is as fun as I remember it in BF2.

I love Naval Strike too and all the mals where water is featured heavily like the partially flooded city, the fucking giant storms and insides of a destroyed aircraft carrier, and all the nighttime city maps in Shanghai are great too.

I finally realize its a solid game now, especially on 48-60hz servers, I'm glad that so many still play on PC.

I especially love how when I'm in the mood for fast pace chaotic action I can join a 64 player 24/7 Operation Locker or Metro server, and if I had enough of that and want the larger maps and vehicle combat I can join the 64 player Gulf of Oman, Dragon Valley. And If I want muh naval combat I join the Naval Strike servers and if I want to feel the snowy cold feeling we're not getting here in the US I join the Last Stand servers.

Theres so much variety in this game between modes, maps, servers, weapons, way more than BF3 and hell of a lot more than EA Battlefront

Also if you're doing shit in combat, raise your FOV to almost the limit, helps a ton.
>>
>>321827938
It's still the bastardized cowaduty version of past past BF games, and teamwork has been all but canned in favor of "gotta go fast!" lone wolves, but it's still decently fun. IMO all of the map packs are god awful outside of the naval maps, but the base ones are alright. It's a fun time killer and finally stable, but I haven't forgotten the state it was in for months after launch, so this is the last BF game I'll play.
>>
File: minimoro2.jpg (161 KB, 442x736) Image search: [Google]
minimoro2.jpg
161 KB, 442x736
VOTE HERE, YOU SMELLY FUCKERS.
http://strawpoll.me/6364779
>>
File: 1438988725096.webm (3 MB, 1138x640) Image search: [Google]
1438988725096.webm
3 MB, 1138x640
>>321841226
>What were they thinking with that snow map. It's like Metro 2.0

It's a containment map for people who liked Metro.
>>
>>321841882
Although I will say one negative thing
FUCK THE RETARD MAP DESIGNER THAT MADE DRAGON VALLEY RUSH

HOLY SHIT

If you played even one round of it, you'd know what I mean.
>>
>>321842169
Also fuck the fucking Battlepacks system, I said I just recently got back into it, after like a year and a half of ignoring it and when I came back I got flooded with Battlepacks and almost all of them were random scopes and 25/50XP boosts

Locking actual weapon upgrades and camo behind stupid fucking battlepacks was a retarded idea, at least let us have all the flat camo unlocked and make all the shitty starbust and weed and other variants a battlepack thing.

Fucking Battlepack system is an insult to Battlefield and its players
>>
>>321842459
Unfortunately nobody makes a shooter anymore without bloated unlock mechanics, like battlepacks for attachments. Hell, even the default unlocks are incredibly bloated and full of useless shit nobody EVER uses just to keep people churning on that hamster wheel.
>>
>Most maps are terrible.
>Playerbase consists of either low skilled players who abuse explosives/vehicles/camping or top tier MLG clan faggots that steam roll everyone and ruin the entire game.
>Vehicle balance is awful on 90% of maps, usually too many or too few vehicles or the wrong combination
>Mobile AA
>>
>>321843251
As a side note, im not saying the game is terrible, but rather only 15-20% of your time played will actually be enjoyable.
>>
>>321827938
After 2 years i can finally boot it up 2-3 times a week and have a few hours of genuine fun with it. The only thing i hate about it are the shit map designs and that nobody touches the dlc maps outside of conquest.
>>
>>321843076
I'm pretty pissed at Dice for asuming the only reason I'm still playing their game is because of there fucking battlepack and unlocks bullshit.

I used to play Call of Duty UO multiplayer for hours and hours every day and there were no unlocks there, and yet servers were full day after day because we played for the game itself, the maps, the great feel of the weapons and the chaos of multiplayer battle where no two matches are alike.

And now Dice shoves this retarded most insulting unlock system in our faces as if to say you wouldn't be played the game if you had everything available already, now go grind those battlepacks goy.

Its useless at this point too, BF4 finally feels stable, fun, great variety of maps and modes, just fuck the battlepacks shit I swear.
>>
File: 1399045830871.jpg (311 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
1399045830871.jpg
311 KB, 560x560
>>321843251
Why don't you swap through the squads until you find one whos actually doing stuff together? It immediately makes the game better. I can consistently have a good time when i rotate through squads.

Vehicles are pretty shite considering they explode or run away unless they have a dedicated mechanic.
Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.