[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the best character to come out of video games this decade?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 10
File: THE-BLOODY-BARON.jpg (59 KB, 539x619) Image search: [Google]
THE-BLOODY-BARON.jpg
59 KB, 539x619
Is this the best character to come out of video games this decade?

>everyone thinks he's some demon blood drinking psychopath
>He's just a tired and beaten man looking to protect a family that despises him
>Challenges some of the most dangerous things in the land to do it
>>
His story arc has the best atmospheric set pieces in the entire game, that's for sure. Leisurely riding Roche up to his castle across that wood bridge was so damn satisfying.
>>
>>321824781
CPDR restored my faith in modern vidya writing.

How do I convince my brother not to buy Dragon Age: Inquisition? He's convinced it's just like the Witcher and "it got game of the year". I need some hot memes to save this kids soul, even got him into Berserk and even found him buying retro gameboy cartridges when I came home this Christmas. I need to nurture his inner patrician.
>>
>>321824781
Great character, great writing, if only the combat in this game was good, and if only it didnt rely on over9000 sidequests to artificially inflate the games apparent size.

Witcher 3 is a 5/10 game and a 9/10 interactive novel.

Deal with it
>>
I liked the guy. I like characters that challenge people. Sure, he's violent and a wifebeater but he has his positive traits.

It's easy to dismiss "bad" guys outright. "He beats his wife so we should hate him forever". Nobody's a 100% evil. Like real life, things are often more complicated.

That and the fact that the tumblr crowd were pissed off that he was portrayed sympathetically and portrayed as something less than Satan himself, pleased me.
>>
>>321825943
Just tell him it's WoW without multiplayer
>>
>>321826339
This kid has never even touched an MMO. Closest thing I got him to play was Dragon's Dogma, which he enjoyed a lot but I never game him my copy of Dark Arisen.
>>
>>321825943
Anyone have that shitty DA:I cutscene where the guy kicks a character out a window? You should show your bro that.

If not, just show him the cringeworthy romance scenes and pretty much anything involving Sera.
>>
>>321825943
Show him sera's introduction
>>
File: 3D moneyshot.webm (2 MB, 1436x1080) Image search: [Google]
3D moneyshot.webm
2 MB, 1436x1080
>>321825943
Make him read more quality stuff.
Vinland Saga might trigger his feudal soul a bit more.
Vagabond is nice if you just want to nurture the patrician.
Buy him the fucking books, they are great.
>>321826626
The texture pop-in dancefloor is also another scene to show him. I have neither, unfortunately.
>>
>>321825943
Your brother sounds like a fucking cancerous pleb. Its better off he doesnt take part in this industry.
>>
>>321825943
Why not just simply let him buy Inquisition and he can learn the hard way.

Now I need to go wash the taste of piss out my mouth brought on by the thought of inquisition receiving any kind of award.
>>
>>321826828
I've read Vagabound, it's fantastic. Have many chapters been released this year? Any?

What show's that anon? I've got a real boner for pre-2000 anime since my dad bought me Ghost in the Shell when I was a kid.
>>
Best voiced performance in the whole game.

If Witcher 3 did pinnacle-of-genre type shit it was easily making people are about the characters and what they are doing through good dialog and amazing voice actors.
>>
File: 1403381684605.webm (3 MB, 626x360) Image search: [Google]
1403381684605.webm
3 MB, 626x360
>>321827465
Records of Lodoss War.
royal space force the wings of honnĂȘamise (see webm) is also fun.
>>
>>321827923
Watched WoH, it was great; that rocket sequence at the end was bordering on beauty.

Thanks anon.
>>
>>321826093

I liked most of the sidequests though. Sure the witcher contracts all followed the same formula, but I enjoyed a lot of the other sidequests.
>>
>tfw Witcher 3 almost perfectly filled the niche of riding from town to town, battling monsters and meeting the townsfolk.

I hope they work on a Witcher 4, because I imagine the towns in it will be so great that /v/ will be fucking 10 pages of "COMFY THREAD" shitposting.
>>

This is what physcopaths actually tell themself.
>>
File: hot pepperoni.jpg (16 KB, 480x378) Image search: [Google]
hot pepperoni.jpg
16 KB, 480x378
>beaten

i see what you did there
>>
is TW3 and the season pass worth $55?
>>
>>321830250
It's worth double that.
>>
at first i thought he was just an arrogant piece of shit but the more i talked with him and how the events turned out i felt sympathy...

you have to put yourself in a mindset that was in those kinda times and world, he wasn't perfect but nobody is.
I got sad as fuck when i saw that he hanged himself.
>>
>>321829519
>meeting the townsfolk.
so the one formulaic quest giver and the merchant. Those towns sure are full of life.
>>
>>321830250
i don't wanna sound like a fanboy but >>321830309
is right. I got 230 hours out of the base game with Hearts of Stone installed. When a game like Battlefront 3 and Splatoon can be released with 3 or 4 maps each and no SP campaign and retail for $60 then TW3 should retail for at least $90.
>>
>>321826310
>That and the fact that the tumblr crowd were pissed off that he was portrayed sympathetically and portrayed as something less than Satan himself

They were clearly upset that the character reminded them you could be a total cunt and still have a point.
>>
>>321831286
>Those towns sure are full of life.

Consider your current life, anon.

Would you say the only important people in your town is the [quest giver] and merchants?
>>
>>321831493

I didn't get nearly that much, but I did get 86 hours out of base + HoS and I enjoyed every minute of it. It just did a lot of things right.
>>
>>321831698
>>321831286
TW3 has the most varied and life-like townsfolk in any game, ever. Of course after observing them autistically like I assume you did for 2 hours you figure out their routine, but the average player isn't you.
>>
He's also kind of an asshole, though. Just being the least dickish out of a band of rapers and marauders doesn't really absolve you of being a huge asshole.
>>
>>321830250

Anon, The Witcher 3 is one of the only games to come out this year (and the only major game from a big-name company) that actually has love put into it.

You can tell from the writing and the voice actors that people gave a shit making it.
>>
>>321832106

I played Fallout 4 then decided to play Witcher 3 for the first time, the difference in writing, story, and characters was night and day. Fallout 4 there wasn't a single character I actually cared about and I tended to skip most of the voice dialogue. Witcher 3 was just leaps and bounds better, I cared about a lot of the characters, I actually liked listening to the voice acting a lot of times, the lore was interesting, side quests sometimes had really interesting stories, it really did have a lot of care put into it.
>>
These threads full of shills and drones circlejerking are always fucking pathetic.
>>
File: blundergeartaleborne4png.png (989 KB, 1146x850) Image search: [Google]
blundergeartaleborne4png.png
989 KB, 1146x850
>>321832483
>>
>>321832483
Yeah fuck all these people who actually enjoy video games, why don't we just go back to screaming blunder and downgrade in the face of all fucking reason because that kind of anti shilling is clearly much better.

Kill yourself you colossal faggot.
>>
File: retard age cisquisition.webm (795 KB, 1280x698) Image search: [Google]
retard age cisquisition.webm
795 KB, 1280x698
>>321826828
>dancefloor
>>321825943
>>
File: upd8.png (858 KB, 1146x850) Image search: [Google]
upd8.png
858 KB, 1146x850
>>321832757
updated, senpai
>>
File: specs.png (37 KB, 721x552) Image search: [Google]
specs.png
37 KB, 721x552
>>321824781
How would my PC do on running Witcher 3?
>>
>>321833876
>GTX760
badly, very badly
things on minimum (you can put textures on high tho) and you won't hit 60 most of time
>>
>>321834068
Yeah I figured. I think a new CPU and GPU are in order soon, a belated Christmas gift to myself
>>
>>321834173
the cpu is good enough
but seriously a 760 is barely the minimum for the game

i mean, i played it on a 650TI heavily overclocked and it hardly overcome the 30fps
>>
>>321824781

He reminds me of this.
>>
he's boring lol
>>
>>321833876
look up some youtube gameplay of witcher 3 with your graphics card.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.