[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I like games with an open ended approach to completing objectives.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6
File: mgsvbirthday.jpg (42 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
mgsvbirthday.jpg
42 KB, 960x540
How is Far cry 4?
>>
File: stalker guide v1,42.png (1 MB, 1536x1250) Image search: [Google]
stalker guide v1,42.png
1 MB, 1536x1250
>>321823774
>Recs?
STALKER trilogy.

Consult this Starting Guide,
then see the /vg/'s huge Stalker General for more tips and links: >>>/vg/stalker

Play in the release order. Start with no mods - only latest patch, OR get the full "Starter Pack" first; these contain bug-fixers and light visual mods that can help performance as well.
Leave big overhauls for later playthrougs. Avoid the "Complete" -mods. Always play on MASTER difficulty for best realism and atmosphere, and disable crosshair.

Don't give up in the beginning! The starting gear sucks ass and first area is quite boring.

>How is Far cry 4?
literally FC3.5, as in shit.
>>
>>321823962
>and disable crosshair.
>muh realism
>>
>>321824231
It's not for realism. It's for immersion. The crosshair is basically useless anyway.
>>
File: SoC starter Pack Yantar L85.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
SoC starter Pack Yantar L85.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>321824231
it's literally on your way, ruins screenshots, and tricks newfags thinking they can snipe enemies from the distance with some ruskie pocket pistol. Which they obviously cannot, since the games have actual bullet physics and caliber-dependent ballistics.
>>
>>321823962

>Consult this Starting Guide

Thats never a good sign when you have to do research not to see if its any good but in order to enjoy the game.
>>
>>321823962

Thx. STALKER seems a bit more hardcore than what I was looking for .
>>
>>321824580
>never a good sign
shows that you are new to this whole "PC gaming thing".

In case of STALKER, there's tons of varying and conflicting information, partly because the original game's almost a decade old, and the release version 1.0 was very buggy - leading to some believe that the game's (still) unplayable without big mods and shit.

Nowadays these games also tend to confuse and overwhelm new players, because they really, and I mean REALLY do not fit to the modern FPS "mold". Those who've spent countless hours in System Shock 2, Counter-Strike, the original Fallouts and Far Cry (1) should not have much problems with STALKER.
But not too many gamers actually have anymore, so they get surprised when the game just throws them into a radioactive pond and calls you its bitch.
>>
>>321824976
It's not exactly "hardcore", unless you mod it hell and back. They just don't hold your hand and contain modern cancer-feats like regenerating HP, hit-indicators or shining silhouettes for enemies, and there's a tad more "survival" involved.

The modern Far Cry games and the numerous "zombie survival" sandbox titles owe a lot to STALKER games. None of them do the openworld survival shooter even half as well as STALKER though, in my opinion.

Personally I find the STALKER games one of the most comfy titles out there. When I'm not exploring the night-time Zone, out of the warmth of a friendly village's, that is.
>>
File: SoC cordon campfire.png (3 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
SoC cordon campfire.png
3 MB, 1680x1050
>>321825561
>*out of the warmth of a friendly village's campfire, that is.
fixed that for me
>>
>>321824976
time to stop being casual, then!

but seriously, just get the games, make sure they're patched, crank up difficulty, and don't rambo. Low-crouch and aim with sights, and yer good. A scope on top of any rifle will make you a demi-god.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.