[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nintendo's new CEO isn't happy with the way people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8
File: 1433290665762.png (64 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1433290665762.png
64 KB, 400x400
Nintendo's new CEO isn't happy with the way people are using their amibos

>What we’re seeing instead is that the Amiibo are being picked up more as a collection item at this point, rather than, say, as an interactive item with software.

http://time.com/4131306/nintendo-kimishima-interview/
>>
>>321820183
Did they really expect anything different?
>>
>>321820183
Haha, Nintendo sucks at this point. Why even bother supporting a company that died when Iwata did.
>>
>>321820183
>sell physical trophies of their characters
>mad because people are using them correctly
This is some Moonlord level of faggotry right there
>>
File: 1389146018577.jpg (26 KB, 218x310) Image search: [Google]
1389146018577.jpg
26 KB, 218x310
He's not wrong. Amiibo are pretty useless as anything else but figurines right now. The problem is going to be treading that thin line between making them useless and making them mandatory.

Who am I kidding, it's Nintendo. If they're good at anything it's milking their steadily shrinking fanbase for every penny they've got.
>>
File: tumblr_n8swcn5zfm1r9g4gho1_400.jpg (22 KB, 342x344) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n8swcn5zfm1r9g4gho1_400.jpg
22 KB, 342x344
>make extremely limited quantities
>upset that they are treated as collectibles

Nintendo logic
>>
Why are people associating this with being Jewish
>>
>>321820310
>Nintendo died with the N64!
>Nintendo died with the Gamecube!
>Nintendo died with the Wii!
>Nintendo died with the Wii U!
>Nintendo died with Iwata!
>>
>>321822267
wanting money is jewish
>>
Make them all available and that won't happen, faggot
>>
>>321820183

How is that jewy?
>>
>>321820183
Storing data is the best way for them to use it like in Sm4sh. Too bad Sm4sh sucks balls. My yarn yoshi feels useless for in game. If it was a way to custom design a yoshi, string by string, then I would say it would be worth something. Instead I get a plain yoshi partner that just likes to be an annoyance, thus usually turned into a ball.
>>
>>321822887
No, wanting money is human. Wanting to treat other humans as cows that only exist for you to milk money from their tits is jewish.
>>
>>321822887
How is them disapproving of the way people use their product jewish?
>>
>>321822887

They still get the money you fucking dummy, how is wanting people to play with their toys jewy?
>>
>>321820729
They should either design games around amiibo, or they should not bother with it. As collectibles the amiibos are generally on the lower scale of quality, and for gameplay they offer almost nothing of value except in a few games like Mario Party where they lock off large sections of the game.

Disney Infinity actually gives you new characters when you get a figurine, and in terms of quality they are generally better looking than Amiibo because they are designed around the limitations of cheap plastic. What's more, Disney does not make artificial demand for them, and just manufactures as many as people are willing to buy.
>>
File: 1390495374874.jpg (45 KB, 515x495) Image search: [Google]
1390495374874.jpg
45 KB, 515x495
What the fuck else did they expect. Every single time they release some new "innovative" device to enhance video games, it fails tremendously because they never build anything around them other than novelty, and they fucking do it like clockwork. There's 20+ years of Nintendo's massive fuck-ups sitting up on the dusty shelves of hundreds of clammy neckbeards, and they thought that glorified toys used as RFID keys were going to be the next big thing by themselves?
>>
>>321823521

Because they can't jew people as much with the way their products are being used.
>>
File: Mega Serious.png (56 KB, 152x149) Image search: [Google]
Mega Serious.png
56 KB, 152x149
I would love to use my amiibos as an interactive item with software if there was any software that actually interacted with them, instead of just using them as fancy keys for extra content.

If Nintendo doesn't announce a Skylanders/Disney Infinity game for amiibo by E3, I'll be fucking shocked.
>>
>>321823521
>Oy Goyim! We approve of you buying our Amiibos™, but you aren't buying enough copies of Codename: STEAM to go with them! Feel guilty!

bad enough they want to rip people off, but calling them out for not getting ripped off as hard as they could is fucking max jew shit company tactics.

i've already lost hope for the NX with this shithead at the helm.
>>
>>321824702
>THIS JUST IN, NEW AMIIBO GAME ANNOUNCED
>NOW YOU CAN HAVE CHARIZARD, SHOVEL KNIGHT, AND WOLF LINK ALL ON THE SAME TEAM

Yeah fucking right. Get real.
>>
What the fuck do they expect me to do with them? All they do is fucking unlock costumes or skins, they are fucking worthless
>>
File: Why Am I So Egglike.jpg (28 KB, 678x437) Image search: [Google]
Why Am I So Egglike.jpg
28 KB, 678x437
>>321825129

>implying Yacht Club wouldn't fucking leap at the opportunity to be included in a first party Nintendo game.
>implying that a Skylanders/Infinity game made with Nintendo characters is any more unlikely than Smash Bros.

The only possible tricky part would be characters like Mega Man, Pac-Man, Cloud, etc., and I imagine that if Nintendo was able to get the rights once, they could sure as shit do it again.
>>
>>321825089
No, it's like if Tim Cook got mad because people used the iPhone more often as a "press the button to hear a fart sound effect" than convenience.

It's about how people perceive the image of the product. If people that aren't collectors think that's the only purpose of it and not using it with games to Supercharge Your Gameplay™, then they're less likely to buy it.
>>
>make loads and loads of them and limit availability on release to drive up demand
>hardly any games actually utilize them and most only use certain ones
>when they do it's usually like a handful of cosmetic shit and nothing really substantial

They need to make their own Disney Infinity/Skylanders game or fucking something. I'd play the ever loving fuck out of an open world adventure/sandbox/do whatever game where I can beat people's asses with Captain Falcon.

As it stands what even is the best game for amiibo use other than Sm4sh or like the Mario Party/Animal Crossing games where they're basically required? I think Codename STEAM probably for giving you 4 new playable characters. Of course those are still the biggest pains in the ass to find
>>
>>321825595
>Mega Man
There is absolutely no way that Capcom would ever refuse them for something like this. There is no other developer in the continent of Asia that would so enthusiastically whore out their intellectual property than Capcom.
>>
>>321826271
Mario Tennis: Ultra Slam
>>
I'm sorry Nintendo, I only took out my Mario (Brawl) and Mario (MP10) and Peach (MP10) from their packaging. I can't bring myself to open Sonic, Link, Dr. Mario or Yarn Yoshi. Shit I even have the 30th edition Mario one too..
>>
>A bloo bloo people aren't using them for games
>All amiibo have done is unlock content that should already be available

They need to rip-off Skylanders / Infinity already; that's what people wanted.
>>
>>321826503
Do amiibos add a 9th character to the piss poor selection?
>>
>>321820183
We're probably misreading this and he's actually referring to the scalpers I hope, which wouldn't be a problem if the things weren't so damn hard to find in the first place
>>
File: latest[1].png (98 KB, 230x342) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
98 KB, 230x342
>>321826704
Yes.
>>
So, something about the amiibo selection has bothered me a wee bit lately. Namely, which characters are getting amiibo.

Animal Crossing will have 14 figurines, and hundreds of cards, and for what? Amiibo Festival and HHD? But the Super Mario line, which could conceivably be used for three games (Smash, Mario Tennis, and Mario Party) gets only six characters? I'd wager a guess that classic Wario, Waluigi, Daisy, Toadette, and Rosalina would sell better than Lottie, and be more useful too.

These Animal Crossing amiibo either hint at some more substantial AC game in development, or Nintendo is using them as an experiment to see how many figurines they should make for an amiibo line before people stop buying them.
>>
>>321824287
Do you even know how amiibo work? You buy the figure and it unlocks shit in a bunch of games. The figure is purchased, so Nintendo gets the money no matter how people choose to use them.
>>
>>321820183
>Nintendo makes Amiibo
>it only works for Sm4sh and that's practically it
>still making mad dosh from the sales
>"Why aren't you faggots using them properly with your games?"
I can't even emphasize enough how dumb this sounds. If you're so worried about the correct use for Amiibos, fucking plan ahead and make them compatible with more shit then.

Godfuckdamnshitniggercunts
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.