[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Watch out, Arisen! It's a cockatrice! I didn't see
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8
File: Dragon's.Dogma.full.1367504.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Dragon's.Dogma.full.1367504.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Watch out, Arisen! It's a cockatrice!
I didn't see a Dragon's Dogma thread, say /v/, did you pre-order the GOTY 2016 yet?
>>
>>321819660
Many people like the game but you need to stop your daily shill threads you fucking marketer
>>
>>321819801
No.
>>
>>321819660
All you're doing is making people hate the game. /v/ hates everything that's popular. Then calls them """"""meme""""" games.
>>
File: 1450817892794.png (246 KB, 893x587) Image search: [Google]
1450817892794.png
246 KB, 893x587
Come on, you're making it not fun.
>>
I bet you're also that idiot who keeps babbling about shit you saw in a doujin, like everyone in the world is supposed to care.
>>
Anyone got the original "Into Free" theme? Fucking getting tired of the niggertry on youtube blocking everything but those shitty nightcore versions. And I ain't getting iTunes for one fucking song.
>>
File: laozi_224.jpg (51 KB, 200x250) Image search: [Google]
laozi_224.jpg
51 KB, 200x250
>>321819660
wolves hunt in packs
>>
>>321820461
https://u.pomf.is/sxpyre.m4a
Here you go, my friend.
>>
>>321820832

Cool, thanks. How do you save that for a file to keep? Haven't dealt with files like this much
>>
>>321820198
And we all know what huge impact and implications hating on a game on /v/ has.
>>
>>321821090
Right click the link and choose "Save as". Should allow you to download the file.
>>
I'm thinking about picking this game up. Haven't really done too much research, mostly just lurking this thread. What are some tips for beginners? Like 'the archer class is better in this game' or whatnot?
>>
>>321821170
Infinite shit posters cluttering up a thread full of people genuinely enjoying it just because they can't into vidya.
>>
>>321820461
>>321820832
Watch it with the video mang.
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/Zt704BQWayI
>>
You would have been run out of /ddg/ for this shit, OP.
>>
>>321821182

Cool, thanks again. Fucking shame they won't put it back into the game, even as a battle theme
>>
>>321821303
Choose whatever class you like, honestly. Equipment is often a lot more important than straight stats, but if you work towards a really specific set of stats, cap it at 100, because post 100 the stat-increases are just shit anyway.

Strider is a good start for the bow (and the rusted bow debuffs enemies if you upgrade it), and Mage is something you will need patience for because charging spells can take forever. There's a ring in the game that decreases this time.

Fighter is strength based. Sword and shield, upgrade to Warrior for Greatsword of Mauls. Upgrade or Mystic Knight with a mix of magic for maces as well.

Honestly, you can't go wrong with either, find your preferred play-style. Just pay attention to the Pawn Inclination, that'll be important for your pawn to be hired and you getting Rift Crystals.
>>
>>321821306
That's just temporary when it's released. In the meantime you can just enjoy the game.
I agree though that calling it goty constantly before release and shit isn't helpful in any way, even if it's true for some who have already played it.
>>
>>321821674
I know, right? But we can hope for mods, Resident Evil 4 worked as well, after all.
>>321821710
>cap it at 100
That is to say, level 100 (200 is the level cap). Stats go higher than that, obviously.
>>
>>321821876

Hard to say. DMC4 wasn't exactly mod friendly, even if the corrupted character skins were fucking hilarious. You'd think the Japanese would know that people want to mod their games, given how aware of modding they are since they do it with shit like Fallout
>>
>>321821761
Yeah. We don't know what 2016 will actually bring. Most hyped games that are getting released then might very well be the most over-marketed shit like always. At least with DD people know of the quality, but for it to be the GOTY, it will need to survive whatever shilled shovelware we get past January.
>>
>>321822041
Japanese people aren't exactly very world-friendly. They're way too focused on their own markets, and easily believe a game flopped when they just fucked up with a release date or marketing. See Yakuza Dead Souls. "The West loves zombie games, but this game didn't work out, so they must obviously hate Yakuza. Let's not localize 5."
>>
I took the recommendation of someone saying one should try the DDO benchmark to see if this game works. My PC isn't a toaster, but it's not exactly top notch either. I got a score of 5700 both on High and Medium with the noticeable stutters coming in the city with the shitload of panorama shots. Does that still work out?
>>
File: 1377206352053.png (19 KB, 512x323) Image search: [Google]
1377206352053.png
19 KB, 512x323
>2 weeks, 3 days and 17 hours until release
>>
>>321821303
I posted like 15 tips in one thread but don't feel like typing all of that shit again. So tl;dr version time.

1. All classes are good beside the mage who mostly just a healer class. Even the starting classes are worth using endgame if you enjoy them.

2. In the first town you can buy carrots and in a few days they will turn moldy. Older food often sell more and in this case for profit though be careful as rotten food is useless.

3. http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Legion%27s_Might = perfect mage weapon. Dark Arisen have all DLC included so all DLC weapons on the wikia is in by default. You just don't get a free copy on startup.

4. On hard mode Goblins can oneshot you but in return it will rain gold and exp. Stick with it long enough it will become easier then normal mode. Dragon Dogma in general is both skill based (Dark Souls) and equipment based (Skyrim) so if your skill isn't up to the task then buy better equipment. If you have enough skill then keep wearing that armor that you think look neato.

5. There is content call Bitterblack Isle (BBI or BB for short) that you can hop on literally at the start of the game. It is highly recommend to wait for lv60 but as noted with the above tip if you are skillful enough you might be able to grab endgame gear at the start of the game. Some people do so at level 30 and I seen a few badass newbies get confuse thinking BBI is a normal quest and end up surviving somewhat in it thinking it is "lel Dark Souls hard". Worth pointing out that BBI ignore if you are playing on normal or hard mode, it use it own setting that is somewhat in between.

6. Less of a tip and more of a spoiler: Almost every NPC from a small child to an old man can become your endgame lover. Bribing/trading/talking will make villagers like you where hitting/throwing/pushing will cause them to dislike you. Whoever like you the most at the end of the game is your lover. There is no hints of this feature.
>>
Was it confirmed that you can rent your friends' pawns for free again like with PSN and XBL?
>>
>>321823280
Anyone?
>>
>>321823280
>>321823701
I don't see why you wouldn't be able to.
>>
>>321823959
Because Steam doesn't really work the same way as either. Would make smurfing with other account easier at grinding up when you already have one or two level 100+ pawns.
>>
>>321824134
Couldn't you just make a bunch of PSN accounts and add yourself too?
>>
>>321824694
You could. What I meant was if Steam could do the same, because who knows if the devs manage to make it pull your friend list from Steam to use for that.
>>
>>321824869

Not like it should be too hard to get RC, they did say most of the microtranactions were being reworked so shit like the glasses and skin paints won't be so costly right away, as well as making enemies drop the shit more often
>>
>>321824869
Many games on Steam include functions where you can filter your friends (invite, leaderboards, friend only joining, etc.) so I don't see why it would be different or not possible for Capcom.
>>
File: dd-2012.png (323 KB, 1464x3167) Image search: [Google]
dd-2012.png
323 KB, 1464x3167
reminder that v always hated this game
>>
>>321826541

>/v/ is one person

Your a retard
>>
File: Everything Will Be Fire.jpg (216 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
Everything Will Be Fire.jpg
216 KB, 1280x960
http://www.bagofgames.com/dragons-dogma-is-the-worst-game-i-have-ever-played/
>>
>>321827375

That guy sounds like a total retard. Probably would say the same shit about Dark Souls, but whine even harder about the difficulty
>>
>>321827375
git gud: the article
>>
File: 1441899835874.png (596 KB, 566x808) Image search: [Google]
1441899835874.png
596 KB, 566x808
>>321827375
My god this article
>>
Combat in this game sucks.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.