[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Playing some Desmume, what are some fun turnbased rpgs for DS?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: Untitled.png (15 KB, 474x353) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
15 KB, 474x353
Playing some Desmume, what are some fun turnbased rpgs for DS?
>>
>>321816315
Radiant Historia is fan-fucking-tastic
>>
>>321816315
>not naming your turtwig/grotle/torterra Polnareff.
>>
Final Fantasy tactics 2.
>>
Mario and Luigi: Bowser's inside story.

Golden Sun: DD, but honestly the first two for the GBA are the only ones worth a damn.

Chrono Trigger DS is the best iteration of the game.

FFIV remake kind of. The GBA version was superior.

Honestly can't think of many others. Shame.
>>
>>321816863
Dragon Quest IV, V, VI, and IX
>>
Strange Journey is the goat DS game
>>
dark spire
etrian oddysey 3
>>
>>321816315
Mileage may vary, but I found DBZ: Attack of the Saiyans to be pretty enjoyable. I'm pretty partial to all dbz games that aren't just straight up 3d-fightan, though.
>>
File: 1393554046341.png (552 KB, 640x575) Image search: [Google]
1393554046341.png
552 KB, 640x575
>>321816315
>>
>>321816863
>golden sun
way to invalid your entire post right of the bat
>>
>>321816315
Advance Wars: Dual Strike
>>
Dumb marines shooting demons in Antarctica
>>
>>>/wsr/

NO SPOONFEEDING
>>
>>321816863
>Golden Sun
I remember downloading the rom when it came out. It has 20+ minutes of unskippable slow text intro, followed by no less than 30 min of shit tutorial with even more unskippable slow cutescenes to tell you basic shit.
>>
>>321817890
Thank god another generation of kids doesn´t have to grow up on Golden Sun
>>
>>321817017
do you have to play any other SMT game to play it
>>
>>321818180
No, nearly all SMT games are standalone.
>>
>>321818180
no

it has a lot of parallels to the first one but it's not related at all
>>
The Pokemon version of Nobunaga's Ambition is fucking great and has alot of content.
Main story was around 8 hours for me and post game is around 24+
>>
>>321817768
fuck off /a/ we're not autistic enough to get mad at threads like this
>>
>>321818450
I found it way too easy. After a while it just becomes dull.
>>
>>321818917
Yeah i only had trouble with one level but its a solid game. My only real problem was I couldn't get Crobat girl on my team in my first playthrough until the final mission. Wish you could have a newgame+ with your team after you beat it.

Still its worth checking out
>>
>>321816315
As a hardcore RPG fan that has played most (if not all) of the rpgs on the system id reccomend;

Infinite Space
FF 4 Heroes of Light
FF Tactics 2
Sands of Destruction (this one is particularly good, quite underrated)
Radiant Historia
DQ IX (any dq on the system desu)
SMT Devil Survivor
Contact
Nostalgia
Suikoden Tierkreis (find a jp patch because eng dub is atrocious, aside from that the game is quite solid).
>>
>>321820495
>find a jp patch because eng dub is atrocious, aside from that the game is quite solid
Wellhe'llneverknowunlesshetriesitthat'showhe'lllearniftheenglishdubisterribleinanycaseasidefrommaybeDirkSophiaKingDiulfandNovathevoiceactingareabovetolerableIparticularlylikeMacouteandMarica
>>
>>321820495
>sands of destruction
ffs anon
>>
>>321821528
Im guessing you havent played it and you are one of those that assume the game is bad because the anime was utter shit.
>>
>>321821829
>you haven't played it
Why would I comment on it if I hadn't played it? What kind of logic is that. It's bad because it's bad. Because I didn't start playing JRPGs on the DS.
It's bad because I'm older, more experienced than you. Thus my opinion is actually valid, whilst yours is one of ignorance. You still haven't explained why it's good, all you did was strawman.
>>
>>321820495
I liked Suikoden. Checked it out from a library and I remember I got a little autistic with it by mapping out all the towns markets buying and selling prices. Bought the entire stock from one town and would sell at another until I was loaded.
>>
File: 1450501538545.jpg (68 KB, 1406x1406) Image search: [Google]
1450501538545.jpg
68 KB, 1406x1406
>>321822069
>being this much of a cunt
>>
>>321822069
>What kind of logic is that. It's bad because it's bad.
what kind of logic is that?

> Because I didn't start playing JRPGs on the DS.
me neither

>It's bad because I'm older, more experienced than you.

How does that make it bad? And I doubt you are older than me.

>Thus my opinion is actually valid, whilst yours is one of ignorance.
getaloadofthisguycam.jpg

>You still haven't explained why it's good, all you did was strawman.

You still ahvent explained why its bad at all. Other than >its bad because its bad >its bad because im older than you >its bad because im right and you are wrong.
>>
>>321822335
Wasn't talking to you.
>>
>>321822372
Still haven't explained why it's good.
Thought so.
>>
>>321823492
It's good because it's good. Because I didn't start playing JRPGs on the DS.
It's good because I'm older, more experienced than you. Thus my opinion is actually valid, whilst yours is one of ignorance. You still haven't explained why it's bad, all you did was strawman.
>>
>>321823631
Retard
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.