[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What games do you play on New Years? Any traditions or fond memories?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7
File: It's 2015.png (497 KB, 878x906) Image search: [Google]
It's 2015.png
497 KB, 878x906
What games do you play on New Years? Any traditions or fond memories?
>>
Mount and blade warband
>>
>>321812769
This is the most embarrassing thing I've seen circulating on /v/

I mean how do you look at that and not think it was just made by a bitter faggot who was bullied for being a beta autist? Nobody makes fun of anyone for playing videogames, unless you're actually a fucking loser who would get bullied no matter what. If you honestly think you were ever bullied solely as a result of liking vidya then it's no wonder you were a target. You're a fucking idiot.

I really thought this image would be mocked when it was made but I see it posted over and over and now I realise just how fucking sad and deluded lots of people on /v/ really are. I mean are you fucking serious? Did you REALLY have girls laughing at you for playing videogames? Where does this happen? They laughed at you because you were ugly, not because you played videogames

And even if you DID grow up in some kind of bizarre alternate universe shithole where there was a girl actually fucking idiotic enough to laugh at you for playing videogames when you were 10 years old, maybe it's time you fucking got over it? Or better yet, hold onto that bitterness forever and ever and save images from memecenter 15 years later making fun of girls because you're STILL not over it.
>>
>>321812827
aww yes
>>
>>321813382
>literally getting worked up over a pic
holy shit man.
>>
>>321813594
It's a copypasta.

That being said, this image is actually one of many examples of the huge quality shift 4chan has underwent during the last several years as not a single fucking soul got upset due to this image until this fucking year.
>>
File: 1451339439613.png (670 KB, 878x1678) Image search: [Google]
1451339439613.png
670 KB, 878x1678
>>321813382
Welcome to the alternate universe, anon. It's 2015.
>>
>>321813694
That's a quality shift for the better, right?

Because that is the most embarrassing thing I've seen circulating on /v/

I mean how do you look at that and not think it was just made by a bitter faggot who was bullied for being a beta autist? Nobody makes fun of anyone for playing videogames, unless you're actually a fucking loser who would get bullied no matter what. If you honestly think you were ever bullied solely as a result of liking vidya then it's no wonder you were a target. You're a fucking idiot.

I really thought this image would be mocked when it was made but I see it posted over and over and now I realise just how fucking sad and deluded lots of people on /v/ really are. I mean are you fucking serious? Did you REALLY have girls laughing at you for playing videogames? Where does this happen? They laughed at you because you were ugly, not because you played videogames

And even if you DID grow up in some kind of bizarre alternate universe shithole where there was a girl actually fucking idiotic enough to laugh at you for playing videogames when you were 10 years old, maybe it's time you fucking got over it? Or better yet, hold onto that bitterness forever and ever and save images from memecenter 15 years later making fun of girls because you're STILL not over it.
>>
File: It's 2015.png (496 KB, 878x906) Image search: [Google]
It's 2015.png
496 KB, 878x906
>>321812769
fixed a small error
>>
New Years was always a time for Goldeneye with friends back in the day.

When I became an independent adult I was very poor and went without video games for a while. Then one holiday season I bought an X360, download Marathon Durandal and had a blast with some random people online on New Years. It was random luck because normally no one plays that game.

These days I work over New Years. Last year I got home early but the power went out. I tried to play some PSP in the cold dark underneath a blanket but it hadn't been charged.

New Years vidya memories, good and bad.
>>
>>321813949

Thank you. Need more people like you in the world. I notice all the time even big news agencies use the wrong their/they're, its/it's, etc.
>>
>Gamers
>>
File: 1420981661076.webm (2 MB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
1420981661076.webm
2 MB, 480x320
>>321813741
It's hilarious how this dude's so serious about an exaggeration. No one got laughed at specifically for liking video games, but you ended up being fat, socially awkward, pimple-faced as a result of playing too much.
>>
>>321815275
There were no grammar or spelling mistakes though
>>
>>321813594
>>321813741
It's a copypasta, you dips.
>>
File: 1438562480417.jpg (66 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1438562480417.jpg
66 KB, 600x600
>>321815513
>No one got laughed at specifically for liking video games
This is true to a point.
You were never laughed because you played vidya, anyone can play vidya but because you were that awkward kid and people had nothing better to do than to point and laugh. So, to escape from that you play vidya, because they'really fun and you can forget the school shit.
You were excited to try those Mega Man X passwords for full armor than worrying about what new insults the bullies would say tomorrow. You were more preoccupied about beating Emerald weapon than crying all day because some kids stole your pokemon cards. You were enjoying Riviera: The Promised Land, even though that day was the hundreth time they threw your backpack on the roof.
Along the way, "that awkward kid" became "that awkward kid that plays video games" Nonetheless, you kept playing, through all the ridicule.
Keep playing vidya and ignore the shitters.
>>
>>321814728
ever try to get out of the house one night a year and have some human contact
>>
>>321813694
Though I have no strong feelings toward GG, it undoubtedly brought both fanatical supporters and opposers alike to 4chan. Despite having been censored to oblivion, the pro and anti-GGers flocked to this site in droves since it was considered the epicenter of the "movement." Of course that's laughable, but the damage has been done and what you're left with are the pathetic NEETs who think video game journalism being exposed for corruption is a huge revelation, and insufferable SJWs whose heads are so far up their asses and cry misogyny at everything they see because they lack the critical thinking skills to actually debate.

For what it's worth though, that picture is 100% accurate. Having grown up in the 1990s and living through today, though generalized it is a surprisingly good representation of how things have changed.
>>
>>321818123
Isn't it cold "outside?"
>>
>>321812769
Shouldn't 2015 be "Samus is trans and always has been, now stop using evidence to disprove me."
>>
>>321812769
I prefer the other edit where 2014 is "A man killed me in a game, I was literally raped"
>>
File: 1436758202553.png (52 KB, 500x221) Image search: [Google]
1436758202553.png
52 KB, 500x221
>>321812769
Where did the 2015 quote come from?
>>
>>321819606
Same as all the others, the strawman inside anon's head.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.