[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When will it become the norm?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: file.png (7 KB, 230x230) Image search: [Google]
file.png
7 KB, 230x230
When will it become the norm?
>>
No, games will be forced to be locked on 30 FPS until the end of time
>>
>>321810734
never

as long as consoles exist, graphical fidelity will be pushed over framerate because framerate doesn't sell games, impressive screenshots do
>>
File: 1446237986355.jpg (257 KB, 737x963) Image search: [Google]
1446237986355.jpg
257 KB, 737x963
You could argue it was the norm during the 6th generation. But then devs realized that FPS doesn't affect their review scores.
>>
>>321810734
It was until the PS1 N64 era.
>>
>>321810734
as soon as james cameron's avatar 2 is released in 60 fps and the world realizes how nice it looks
>>
Is 30 fps the current 'norm'?

I've seen people say that 24fps is acceptable with a straight face, many average gamers think so since they buy shit like that.
>>
>>321811145
>that shit about effecting review scores
>Into the Nexus got worse reviews than Crack in Time
top fucking kek
>>
as soon as we scrap TV standards introduced with color TV making it work on black and white TV that everyone had back then
>>
The norm should be unrestricted FPS, being able to play with your favoured detail/performance ratio within the constraints of your hardware
>>
>>321811375
It was bashed for the shorter length, not the FPS.
>>
>>321810734
it has been for decades, enjoy your "cinematic experience" meme, its code for "our hardware is too shit to make this run smoothly"
>>
>>321811171
nice meme
>>
>>321811637

First yellow review on Meta Critic

>That being said, the game’s frame rate takes some serious hits at times. Frequently I found the frame rate to run rough as I encountered sequences where the frame rate seemed to dip to single figures during particularly busy battles.

http://canadianonlinegamers.com/review/ratchet-clank-into-the-nexus-ps3-review-can-this-duo-do-it-one-more-time-on-the-ps3/
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.