[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you play as moralfag characters in games if you have the choice?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 12
File: 14269545742711.jpg (205 KB, 1024x755) Image search: [Google]
14269545742711.jpg
205 KB, 1024x755
Do you play as moralfag characters in games if you have the choice?
>>
File: Kenshiro PoE.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Kenshiro PoE.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
Occasionally
>>
Are there any good HnK games? The only one I ever played was a really shitty NES sidescroller
>>
File: Another day in the wasteland.webm (2 MB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
Another day in the wasteland.webm
2 MB, 512x384
>>321805205
ps1 game
>>
>>321803931
Usually on the first playthrough. Then the second one is always pure evil or "kill anybody who pisses me off" mode when I have less attatchment to the game world and want to see the content I didn't before hand.
>>
>>321803931
Yes. I don't really have fun being a dick to quest givers, unless the game explicitly makes them unlikable. Most games punish you for being an ass anyway.

In Red Dead Redemption, I dragged a lot of people to their death I wonder if that counts.
>>
>>321805205
Ken's Rage is decent in terms of fun (the first one anyway, haven't played 2).

Although the big draw of those is seeing the events of the series in 'realistic graphics'.
>>
>>321805957
RDR didn't make sense to me as anything other than high honor
>>
>>321805205
The fighter by ArcSys
>>
>>321804750
the Obsidiot reaction to this in PoE threads must be quite interesting
>>
>>321806096
>>321807229
both these are pretty decent

there was also HnK collaborations a couple of weeks back in puzzle and dragons too
>>
>>321803931
They generally get the better deals/rewards so you're sort of forced to.
It's a real shame how much games like BG fuck over you for playing evil.
>>
So is /v/ still going through the "da only gud mcs are morally grey grimd dark edgelord" phase?

I mean I prefer fallen heroes but /v/ is straight retarded with it
>>
>>321809390
only the KOTOR 2 fags still pull that shit unironically
>>
>>321803931
Nah, I usually go for morally gray and self serving. Help people if interests are mutual or it is somehow beneficial for my character to do so. Kill and steal as necessary.

I usually end up with the moralfag label anyways since most of the people I kill and steal from are bad guys anyways.
>>
There's this one part in Fable where you can fart on a bum or a bully and I always feel really bad if I fart on the bum so I always gross out the bully
>>
>>321803931
If I can kill people like kenshiro, sure.

But if it has "if you kill him you will be like him" then no.
>>
If I can do an Unarmed runthough I always try to make a Kenshiro
>>
>>321803931
>tfw do what you think is morally just and right
>game actually awards you evil points

>pick clearly the best long term solution for all parties involved
>devs apparently didnt think the full consequences of your decisions through and give you evil points again

I hate that.
>>
Prefer Chaotic Good or Neutral Good
>>
File: 1450401508078.png (1 MB, 1030x767) Image search: [Google]
1450401508078.png
1 MB, 1030x767
>>321803931
Never ever, bad guys are always cooler
>>
>>321803931
generally i do on my first playthrough.
Its usually easier in games like fallout where nobody hates me. Also in fallout its hard to even be labeled evil because unless you steal everything not tied to the ground you get labeled as a do gooder.
>>
File: torrid.jpg (8 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
torrid.jpg
8 KB, 259x194
>>321811421

I thought bad guys were usually fire guys
>>
>>321811421
>Jagi
>Bad guy

Nigga had a hard life

Lay off him bro ;(
>>
>>321811421
You are probably the first person I met that actually likes Jagi. He is such a shit villain, Shin was much better
>>
File: 1223859477733.webm (584 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1223859477733.webm
584 KB, 640x480
>>321811421
>>
File: n5ab197lTf1sqe3nto1.gif (547 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
n5ab197lTf1sqe3nto1.gif
547 KB, 320x240
>>321803931
I get that this a meme thread but I decided a few years ago (because of Catherine) that I'd always play games evil first because the story and results are always more interesting... as far as I know.

Is there a game where making the lawful decisions makes for a better story?
>>
>>321811941
SMT2, too bad it's the only SMT with a cool law path
>>
>>321811941

I loved that evil ending in catherine
>>
>>321803931
I try to be as good as possible while still tying up loose ends.
>>
Moralfag characters are always more challenging, in any game that matters.
>>
Are there any games that really make you feel like a hero in a satisfying way? Because with these "YOUR MORAL CHOICES MATTER" sort of games it's always like the barest difference between the two paths.
>>
File: Barret.jpg (24 KB, 324x361) Image search: [Google]
Barret.jpg
24 KB, 324x361
>want to be a moralfag in SS
>moralfags get defensive buffs
>edgelord get to be glass cannons
>always love being glass cannon because it's living on the edge and forces you to be creative
>tfw
>>
>>321812370

mass effect
>>
>>321803931
The only time I played a moralfag was within Jade Empire and Knights of the Old Republic 1&2. Everything else, I generally play as a neutral type who really only turns into a dick when it suits him or if someone is being a dick to him. But yeah, generally morally gray dude with self-serving interests suck as making money and survival.
>>
File: 5cc.jpg (54 KB, 351x480) Image search: [Google]
5cc.jpg
54 KB, 351x480
>>321811421
>Bad guys are always cooler
>Posts a cowardly sore loser and one of the lamer villains in the series
>>
I always try to go for chaotic neutral / true neutral like char that tries to distance himself from the world but is always open to opportunities to make his own life easier.
And there is not a single RPG (just a couple of modules for nwn1 and 2) that gives that kind of option. I always fall into lawful/good parts because games simply don't give enough chaotic/neutral choices.

>>321812370
First fable.
>>
I play as the guy who gets shit done, but even then there is a path that I do not cross. I don't hurt the elderly.

Women and children are fine though.
>>
>>321812370
Baldur's Gate 2
>>
Evil choices in games tend to be stupid/unrewarding. If it's a choice between doing something retarded or being a moralfag...
>>
File: So long Gay Bowser.webm (1 MB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
So long Gay Bowser.webm
1 MB, 300x400
>>321812989
But the elderly are an objective drain on society after they retire and take "free government" money until they die.
>>
I usually go evil, but without being petty or brainless. More ambitious than evil, now that I think about it. Which usually leads to me always making "good" choices in every quest except the ones where I'm bound to gain something meaningful from it, proportionate to the level of dickery I'm engaging in.

So I wouldn't murder a kind old lady and rob her house for the sake of a few extra coins, and I would definitely help this woman find her lost child or help her pay her debts, but then later on I'd also definitely sacrifice a child's soul for a pact with a demon, or side with the evil deity that offered a binding contract for power in exchange for my loyalty.
>>
What would Big Boss fall into?

Guy usually doesn't kill everybody he meets unless necessary, he saves children, and tries find a place where soldiers aren't objects. He also made a mercenary group to fight for those that don't have a military.
>>
You guys know if you try to act like Kenshiro in almost all western RPGS you get the evil points right?

So are the game writers wrong or is Kenshiro not as much of a moralfag as you've been pushing for these past ten years?
>>
>>321813307

We'll all grow old eventually. All the experience we've had, the pain, the fear, the fury, the sorrow, the joy. It all comes to the end.
>>
>>321813828

These are the same people who would rather have an evil criminal behind bars, just so they can get out and wreck havoc later.

At least Kenshiro kills those who would repeat their atrocities.
>>
>>321813860
And in the end, we'll all end up realizing we're Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
>>
File: Libtardman.jpg (202 KB, 668x981) Image search: [Google]
Libtardman.jpg
202 KB, 668x981
>>321813828
RPG "writing" most of the time follows modern day cuck libtard morality so no shit Kenshiro's the bad guy.
You know say what you want but /v/ might hate Ken but at least we hate him for the right reasons and don't misconstrue his character to be something it isn't.
>>
>>321803931
>>321803931

I grew up an abused child, most of the time I'm amoral.

Pure moralfaggotry nowadays seems like subscribing to applied mental retardation it seems.
>>
>>321811689
i liked that spin-off manga he had a few years ago, actually made him somewhat likable. It's his story, but Jagi being Jagi he's a colossal fuck up who gets his love interest raped and murdered and his best bro comes to his grave just to call him a loser faggot. And said love interest convinces ten year old Ken to beat the living shit out of Jagi (because she thinks Jagi's strong enough to take it) which causes his huge inferiority complex.
>>
>>321805205
Kens rage is fun. Nothing amazing but not a bad game.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.