[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Can't log into steam because email authentication is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: Capture.png (63 KB, 382x423) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
63 KB, 382x423
>Can't log into steam because email authentication is down
>Can't contact steam support because captcha is down for creating a new "support" account

What is Gabe's phone number or email?
>>
>>321801563
[email protected]
>>
>>321801563
http://www.valvesoftware.com/email.php
>>
>>321801980
Thanks.
I emailed gabe.
>>
>>321802942
He'll probably not read your mail since the only thing he checks is his spam
>>
Steam store's search function is broken too. Valve has completely fucked up.
>>
>>321803108

oh I thought I was the only one.
>>
>not using the android app authenticator or sms with your phone number
>>
File: auth1.png (11 KB, 812x147) Image search: [Google]
auth1.png
11 KB, 812x147
Steam is just fucked right now. Can't even purchase games with my credit card which used to work. It just says "declined" but it managed to charge my card successfully and refund itself.
>>
File: 971.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
971.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>321803108
I even came home early today because it is snowing a lot outside and I wanted to get comfy and try playing games again.

Every time I try to get back into gaming the gaming industry gives me the finger and then shoves it up my ass.
>>
>>321803630
I'm 99% certain I already have my number in the system and ready for SMS verification. However, the login screen in the OP didn't give me the option. Only email.
>>
can you at least play games you installed?
>>
>>321803701
It did that to me yesterday, it said it had been declined but it wasn't because my card was charged and the game added to my library.
>>
>>321803938
Sure - but if he needs to get through Steam Guard it means he's doing this from a new computer/Steam installation, in which case he can't.
>>
>>321803938
different computer.
No games installed.
>>
>>321803630
>android app authenticator

can i use this with a wifi only device or does the authenticator only work with an actual phone?
>>
>>321804825
works with my tablet

You just gotta be able to run android really. I'm sure you could use one of the android emu in linux or something.
>>
>>321805296
>works with my tablet

No it doesn't. Their authanticator requires a phone number. Their FAQ even says "No we don't offer an non-SMS version"
>>
>>321803934
You have to set it up on your phone.

It wont let me post the link because /v/ thinks it is spam...

Just google "steam app verification" it is the first link in google. then click on "how do I enable steam guard mobile authenticator"
>>
>>321805296
i have a droid tablet, i just thought that you had to have an actual phone to authorize the app itself and receive login codes, at least that what all the faqs say.
>>
>>321805525

You do. He's full of shit, the device must be a phone. You require a phone number to even start the app's linking process.
>>
>>321801563
some gooks are DDoSing Valve.
>>
Is something still wrong with your guys Steam?

Mine's working fine, I just sent a gift game and everything.
>>
>>321805764
It's beyond fucked. Can barely browse the store, half of all the tags don't show any games, the ones that do work I can only browse 1 or 2 pages. Search works sporadically, it can't find some games at all.
>>
>>321806314

Are you outside North America? Everything is working fine for me except the Queue page is super slow.
>>
>>321806370
Europe.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.