[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
What went wrong?
>>
What did you expect? Nobody is going to be interested in something that changes how you control things for such piddling benefits compared to a standard controller with well-established ergonomics and control schemes.
>>
Nothing
Consistently on the top sellers list and 82% of Steam reviewers like it
>>
I like using it for web browsing, but there's no onscreen keyboard unless you use shitty big picture mode.

It's nice lounging in my bed at night and browsing 4chan with it, but not if I have to use Valve's browser.
>>
Haptics are on by default, meaning every time you install a new game, on top of going through a lot of trouble configuring the controller, you need to turn that shit off or the pads and triggers are going to vibrate every fucking time.

Also, the grip buttons feel awful and the left pad is too loud.
>>
>>321802364
Yes, like being on the tops sellers list with 82% positive ratings on Steam actually means something.
>>
File: steam controller.jpg (1 MB, 2320x1678) Image search: [Google]
steam controller.jpg
1 MB, 2320x1678
They pussied out and didn't go with their original design which could have led to some new gaming paradigms.
>>
File: 2015-12-28_17-27-34.png (90 KB, 620x838) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-28_17-27-34.png
90 KB, 620x838
>>321802806
It does when /v/ keeps saying that it's a difficult controller to adjust to. They're not just "funny" reviews either. They provide actual information.
>>
>>321802663
Use the touch windows keyboard of windows 8 and 10
>>
>>321803092
First reviewer is someone who doesn't use controllers so of course he doesn't have difficult adjusting. Second is an obvious Valvedrone. That's not a very good section to pull there.
>>
>>321801531

It is made out of literally the cheapest plastic available
>>
>>321803316
Thanks for confirming this is a thread for shitposting, I was confused at first
>>
It's not a replacement for an Xbox controller or mouse and keyboard but it comes close in many ways.

It does what its advertised to do: let you comfortably play all your pc games from your couch.

Also crazy amount of customization.
>>
>>321803504
How is that shitposting? You try to post a picture of reviews as evidence that it's easy to adjust to and I pointed out that picture wasn't very good evidence. Is it because I used the offensive word Valvedrone?
>>
File: 1442359313204.jpg (366 KB, 2000x1434) Image search: [Google]
1442359313204.jpg
366 KB, 2000x1434
>>321803026
I liked this design, but having used the Steampad I know why they didn't go with it. They probably should have just gone with a d-pad and a analog stick on the left side.

If I was going to design this thing today I probably would have gone with a 3DS style slidepad in place of the left touchpad, with the pad below the slidepad being touch sensitive. With a + d-pad in place of the current analog stick. Plus scroll wheels in place of, or in addition to the start and select buttons.
>>
Nothing, it just wasn't really needed.
>>
>>321801531
Nothing really

Is a new kind of controller

Ms and Sony will copy some innovations
>>
Nothing went wrong. It's a pretty good controller.
>>
>>321803092
>review starts with VALVE IS AMAZING
yeah I'm sure it will be very informative
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.