[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Super SF 2 Turbo in 3D, rebalanced, multiplat and decent Multiplayer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: tmp_19201-images(7)-375425735.jpg (22 KB, 294x171) Image search: [Google]
tmp_19201-images(7)-375425735.jpg
22 KB, 294x171
Super SF 2 Turbo in 3D, rebalanced, multiplat and decent Multiplayer modes

Would you buy it?
>>
If it's "rebalanced" isn't it just a new game then?
>>
>>321800815
>in 3D
Literally why? It looks great in 2D.
>>
>>321800815

>In 3D

Fuck no, what in the fuck is wrong with you? Also

>rebalanced

Yeah because that worked out SO well for HD Remix. Oh wait.

Jesus christ every time /v/ opens its mouth about fighting games I die a little more on the inside.
>>
>rebalanced

Into the fucking trash
>>
>>321800815
The joke is that you described SFIV isn't it?
>>
>>321801875
But he said decent multiplayer modes, not barebones as fuck shit online.
>>
>>321800815
Yes, but not if it's more than $10 or $15
>>
>>321800815
>3D
Unless it's fucking amazing 3D I'm not sure it'd go down well. Also it's roster is small to begin with, they have no reason to "resort" to 3D

>Rebalance
That'd be good for killing interest before the game even comes out
>>
>>321800815

If you rebalance ST it loses its appeal. It'd be like going back to CS 1.6 or SC Brood War and changing shit
>>
>>321802384
>>321801308
>>321801474
Lets be real, 3D would be a better deal than another HDR situation. ST isn't a looker, but god HDR managed to look even worse.
>>
>>321800815
Wouldn't that just be SFIV without FADC's and different move balance?
>>
>>321800815

>rebalanced

The people who stuck with it like it in spite of, or even because of, its idiosyncrasies

The people who don't care or never heard of it won't much care about balance changes

See why it's a bad idea? By changing shit you only piss off people who actually care. Have you ever heard of someone who stopped playing ST because Claw mixups were shutting their shit down at the highest level? 99.9% of people who try the game won't ever reach the level where removing it or specific TODs would matter to them. And those who do get there appreciate the challenge (like Kusumondo to namedrop a player) or develop specific tech to deal with the game's S-tiers

That's why Sirlin is such a fucking hack. He claimed to collect top player feedback, but his balancing effort was actually incredibly biased to his personal tastes. He removed the Hawk throw loop which needs very specific setup, won't work against characters with reversals, and like less than 10 players worldwide can consistently perform. But he left Dic's crossup TOD, which is probably the easiest in the game, intact - It comes as no surprise when you learn Sirlin was a Dic player
>>
>>321800815
HDR was a nice attempt, but not enough. The good thing about a remake would be

*No faggy costumes
*Fewer characters to work on, so capcom could concentrate in putting lot of detail in the existing characters/stages
* Only one super bar at it should be
* I think a rebalance would be good to make shit-tier chars (Fei long) playable
* Good multiplayer? I think MK9 is the best example...
>>
File: 1347415158774.jpg (38 KB, 453x306) Image search: [Google]
1347415158774.jpg
38 KB, 453x306
>>321803389
>* Only one super bar at it should be
>>
>>321803389
>I think a rebalance would be good to make shit-tier chars (Fei long) playable

Fei Long isn't shit-tier, he's just "simple" and highly dependent on very strong fundamentals. He also has a 0f DP, which is a great asset to have in ST

Cammy is shit tier
>>
If they ported ST as it is to Steam with GGPO netcode I'd pay up to $30 for it. I hate FBA so much.
>>
>>321803138
i'd much rather have mike z balance a game than sirlin.
a rebalance to st isn't inherently a bad idea, but i think it should be focused more on bugfixes than straight balance changes
>>
>>321802609
>ST isn't a looker
how can you be this wrong
>but god HDR managed to look even worse
it looks a million times better than IV
>>
What's even the fucking point? SF2 Turbo isn't even that good, it just has a good following of people who still play it.
>>
Wow imagine a SF2 remake with a separate story mode for each character :D
>>
>>321804006
Sf2 turbo is amazing.
>>
All I want is Hyper SF2 online with Widescreen support.
Then have rooms where people just play specific versions, mostly SSF2X
>>
>>321804002
>it looks a million times better than IV
Not really. I'd much rather deal with SF4 for 5 more year than having to look at HDR's art style for even a minute. Udon's art make ST look somehow worse.
>>
>>321804002
>HDR looking better than anything
It's an abomination. I'm sorry.
>>
>>321804239
Speaking of Hyper, my local mall arcade somehow got a cab. All I know is that O. Sagat and CE Dictator are the most broken characters, but I gotta know more.
>>
>>321803815

Fuck that. I want MvC2 on Steam. You literally can't buy the modern versions of the game anymore
>>
>>321804178
Name one thing it does better than Alpha 3 or 3rd Strike.
>>
>>321804178
Alpha 2 is ST done right.
>>
>>321804584

Reward for fundamentals/spacing
Faster pace
More varied character archetypes than 3S, which literally made fireball characters inviable as they used to be played
>>
>>321804582
just play that reskin called skullgirls
>>
>>321803821
He made a blog post on what his ideal changes to Third Strike would be a few days ago:
http://mikezsez.blogspot.com/2015/12/what-id-change-for-third-strike-upper-3s.html?m=1
>>
>>321804768
>Faster pace

OK, so you're a troll
>>
>>321804906
that's why i said that
a lot of his changes are just bug fixes and QoL adjustments
>>
>>321804584
These are VERY different games. Sf4 is more similar to 2.

I like the pace of a SF2 match and the lower prevalence of 'supers'

Also the fact that every character has its own stage
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.