[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Again, why do people hate this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 11
File: 1.jpg (77 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
77 KB, 460x215
Again, why do people hate this game?
>>
Because it sucked.
>>
DALE
>>
>>321796815
It' really good.

>>321796950
Forget previous installments and judge the game for what it is, not for what it isnĀ“t.
>>
>>321797261
>Forget previous installments and judge the game for what it is
It's a Hitman game. If they didn't want it judged as a Hitman game, they shouldn't have fucking called it Hitman.
>>
Alright Splinter Cell game

Terrible Hitman game.
>>
Starts strong, then it's linear shit. After police escape #34 I couldn't keep playing. And all I've played of Hitman otherwise is the first two levels of Silent Assassin
>>
>>321797846
first police escape was cool but damn that the game drags sometimes.
>>
>>321797669
accurate
>>
I hate it because it picked up the story from the retarded fanfic book series.
>>
>>321797669
friendly reminder that blacklist was flawed but okay.
>>
>>321798385
explain
>>
>>321796815
Horribly written in a Tarantino-esque wannabe kind of way, boring, doesn't feel like a Hitman game, broken disguise mechanics.
>>
>>321798405
If the had let Sam take over the role that Lambert performed, and let you play as some new Splinter Cell operative instead, it could easily have been in my top 3.
>>
>>321798631
The story of the game is a continuation of some two or three books that was released.
>>
>>321796815
For the same reason people hate most sequels that've been made a few years too late..
It completely forsakes what made the originals unique.
>>
File: agent-47-judge-disguise.jpg (30 KB, 560x330) Image search: [Google]
agent-47-judge-disguise.jpg
30 KB, 560x330
>>321797458

>Oh the game is different from the previous games ? I'll hate it because its not a carbon copy with different levels.
That's you, that's how dumb you sound.

Games will never be the same, deal with it, thats just how things are. The dev team never stays the same and neither do the publishers.
If companies don't keep trying new things, games won't evolve and people will stop caring about.
Can you imagine if they kept MGS games with the shitty isometric camera like the first 3 games ?
I think the franchise would have died after the
3rd game because apart from the story, the gameplay was outshined by Splinter Cell. That's why they copied the gameplay.
Can you imagine Fallout 1 / 2 gameplay in newer generations ? ME NEITHER !

People like you who keep clinging onto the franchises glory days will always hate new ideas.

Absolution is enjoyable regardless of being a different Hitman game in the series. So keep hating it, we don't care, just don't mind the rest of us enjoying it.
>>
File: MTCmt8.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
MTCmt8.gif
2 MB, 400x225
well, I stand up next to a mountain

chop it down with the edge of my hand
>>
>>321796815
They changed almost everything, they wanted to make it novel-like. They wanted to make it for a completely different demographic.

If you want to make a successful sequel, you need stuff that was good in the previous installments and build on that.

>got short levels, most of which can be SA'd in 20 minutes
>good bite-sized chunks of game
>story is secondary

Adding Instinct at this point would be the bomb. But they put it in a Splinter Cell body. That's where it all fell apart. It doesn't make sense to remove stuff people liked.
>>
absolutely shit story and presentation, a textbook example of consolitis ruining franchises

that wrestling match is saints row iv tier, pure cancer

something in the style of contracts with a blood money gameplay approach would be hitman perfected

minus exploding things counting as accidents, have shit that actually does not spell out foul play
>>
>>321796815
>>321800614
P.S.: Who else excited for the next Hitman game? Looks great so far. The title is supposed to be profession, which would be just more of Contracts and Blood money, the bestest of Hitman.
>>
>>321800853
No hype from me at all until I play it myself.
>>
File: 1442700328822.jpg (31 KB, 426x480) Image search: [Google]
1442700328822.jpg
31 KB, 426x480
To me, there is a fine balanced ratio that comes to making a hitman game, 9:1 gameplay to story or subtract story alltogether.

Not sure I could even write down all the inherent problems before this thread expires.
>>
the only hitman game where it was fun to kill guards
>>
File: 1339363033867.jpg (101 KB, 754x600) Image search: [Google]
1339363033867.jpg
101 KB, 754x600
>>321796815
>disguises useless because enemies can spot you from 50 feet away regardless
>90% action set pieces and linear hallways with very little in the way of actual sandbox levels the series was founded on
cant watch enemies on the map. instead a stupid feature that literally shows the AI pathing so you dont have to study patterns
>took away the ability to use melee weapons for anything other than throwing or stealth kills AKA can't swing a fucking sword around: throw it or drop it
>shitty fucking scoring system that penalizes you thousands of arbitrary points
>horrible fucking story that wasnt needed about 47 killing diana, the only fucking person who has stuck with him through literally everything, then going on a redemption mission because he realized he was a fucking tard
>concrete blocks bounce off of enemy heads like styrofoam because the devs want you to use them to distract guards, not throw it at their fucking head
>combat with enemies is literally QTE bullshit instead of actually just having a punch or attack button
I'm sure I could go on but that is the bulk of it. I gave it an excessive 11 hours to redeem itself and jesus christ it just made me mad.
>>
I started playing this game today, it feels like a splinter cell game

is that normal ?
>>
>>321800785
oh, and no kyd, no hitman
>>
>>321800138
this movie was so bad
even if they changed the title to akimbo handgun shooting bald man, it would have still be bad
>>
File: 1449266045174.png (562 KB, 683x642) Image search: [Google]
1449266045174.png
562 KB, 683x642
>>321799840
Judged on its own merits alone, it's a shitty stealth game and only an average action game.

Hitman: Absolution is a blunder, through and through.
>>
>>321799840
>Can you imagine Fallout 1 / 2 gameplay in newer generations ? ME NEITHER !
Actually hurt to read. I bet you believe that too.
>>
>>321800853
I'm pretty hyped, it looks good
>>
>>321799840
Not the guy you replied to, but jesus. Did you make up that whole story in your mind before, to justify the money you wasted?
>>
Pros: none

Cons: everything, objectively shit compared to previous games

Thanks to consoles contracts and blood money will forever stay the best hitman games
>>
>>321799840
That's not what he meant dumbass. One of the things that make Hitman such an amazing series is complex level design with a large variety of things to do through them. Absolution's level design was weak compared to Silent Assassin and Blood Money.
>>
>>321801638
I was surprised at just how bad it was, like that was an accomplishment of terrible.
>>
>>321800785
to add, absolution got one thing right - SEX NUNS
>>
File: The Boss.jpg (42 KB, 750x563) Image search: [Google]
The Boss.jpg
42 KB, 750x563
>>321799840
Yeah, thank god MGS changed, I'm so happy with missions playing like individual episodes, and the lack of content, and getting rid of most cutscenes in favor of cassette tapes... and no boss fights... and I'm crying again, why?
>>
>>321800960
That's why I'm on the Yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum.
>>
File: 1451207637621.jpg (347 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
1451207637621.jpg
347 KB, 650x650
>>321799840
I would probably hate myself even if I were to type up this post with only the intention to rustle other poster.
>>
I don't like men in main-roles
>>
>>321801808
>Pros: none

they have better graphics.

and AT LEAST they made the correct PR move by letting the original VA cast 47's voice.
>>
File: Cool off your buttmad friend.webm (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Cool off your buttmad friend.webm
1 MB, 640x360
>>321801753
I don't waste money on games only time and bandwidth.
No, I speak from a non buttmad nostalgic prespective. I'm saying I enjoyed the game for what it is.

>>321801684
Yeah, I do, it's dated as shit and it's boring.
Remove nostalgia googles pl0x
>>
File: 1446361366717.jpg (306 KB, 1500x1835) Image search: [Google]
1446361366717.jpg
306 KB, 1500x1835
>>321802121
Is that a vibrator or is she wetting herself? Both make me equally horny.
>>
>>321802227
Are you implying blood money looked bad?
>>
I really enjoyed this when it came out. Right off the bat, it was obviously not a good creative game like Blood Money - the sandbox that it was - but for whatever reason it clicked well with me and I really enjoyed it for a short time

But it's not good for replays - for reason stated above.

I just want a next generation Blood Money desu
>>
>>321801927
Being this buttmad about MGS:V

Oh man, imagine MGS:V just the way it is, but instead of having a 3rd person prespective, you'd play with the shitty isometric camera and arcade stealth gamepay that MGS1 provided. I'm sure the game would turn out better. Could you seriously bare the game ?

You're justifying MGS:V shittines based on the story not the gameplay.

I'm gonna say it how I said to other anons.
Base your opnion on what the game is alone and forget previous titles.
>>
>>321796815
So do you guys have any hope for new game?
>>
>>321802921
it looks good but watch dogs also looked way too good so I don't trust anything that's not released.
>>
>>321802921
Well looking at the gameplay footage I think it looks probably as good as we're gonna get for a Hitman game in this day and age. That being said, it doesn't look bad, it looks fine so far, taking the good parts of each game and combining them. We'll see how it is when it's released.
>>
>>321802121
Plz more wetting art.
>>
File: 1425330245681.jpg (157 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1425330245681.jpg
157 KB, 960x720
>>321799840

>Oh the game is different from the previous games ? I'll hate it because its not a carbon copy with different levels.

Hitman is about gameplay, not hamfisted story, what time they spent making that schlock they could have dedicated to making a good game.

>Games will never be the same, deal with it, thats just how things are. The dev team never stays the same and neither do the publishers.

I won't buy games from them anymore then, if they lose sight of what made bloodmoney so good then they may as well not make anymore.

>If companies don't keep trying new things, games won't evolve and people will stop caring about.

Okay, what revolutionary concept was in play with absolution? It was more story then gameplay and the gameplay itself was a step back from bloodmoney.

>Can you imagine if they kept MGS games with the shitty isometric camera like the first 3 games ?

That has nothing to do with the gameplay.

>I think the franchise would have died after the
3rd game because apart from the story, the gameplay was outshined by Splinter Cell. That's why they copied the gameplay.

Only good splinter cell game was chaos theory. It is hardly similar other then the third person camera.

>Can you imagine Fallout 1 / 2 gameplay in newer generations ? ME NEITHER !

Heard of Underrail? Or Divinity original sin? Or Wasteland 2? Or Xcom?

>People like you who keep clinging onto the franchises glory days will always hate new ideas.

Do you mean the mechanics, oh cool, magic batman vision, killcam animations, nice original ideas! Truly a step forward in technology by handing everything on a plate and rendering basic mentality null.

>Absolution is enjoyable regardless of being a different Hitman game in the series. So keep hating it, we don't care, just don't mind the rest of us enjoying it.

Who is this 'we'? I only see you defending that trash.
>>
>>321796815
Because it's more effective to run and gun than stealth, WAY more effective

It's supposed to be a hitman game
>>
>>321804393
haven't you seen a hitman movie? all he does is run and gun
>>
>>321804501
>game
>>
>>321803604
Get it together, just because I enjoyed Absolution doesn't mean I'm saying Absolution is better than other Hitman games.
Fucking aspies man.

So what if they focused on story telling rather than the actual sandbox style from other titles. Do you blame them from trying something new ?
Absolution levels were forced to be shorter and thus less reliant on sandbox type levels like on previous titles because the graphics were too demanding and because it was impossible to keep a higher quality narrative going if they had long levels with the objective to take a hit on a single person and aquire Silent Assassin status. It simply wouldn't fit.

Last time I checkd no one pointed a gun at your head and forced you to use the batman vision so quit the buttmad, If you hadn't even mentioned that thing I wouldn't even remember it because it was next to useless. You used it so be mad at yourself and git guf nub.

I dont know OP seemed to enjoy the game, unless he was baiting and Steam has a tag of Very Positive.
I'm sure I wasn't the only one to enjoy it.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.