[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>/v/ doesn't care about amiibos what happened?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9
File: download.jpg (16 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
16 KB, 300x168
>/v/ doesn't care about amiibos

what happened?
>>
>>321794046
People grew up and had their balls drop
>>
They haven't released any good amiibos lately.

Looking forward to Midna though.
>>
The Wii U sales figures have demoralized the board.
>>
People probably realised that even thinking about buying one of these lumps of Chinese factory spawn is fucking retarded.
>>
>>321794231
Get real. We know that didn't happen.

Amiibos were garbage to begin with.
>>
if Cloud amiibo happens, I'll be getting that
>>
>>321794046
Nintendo's new head strongarmed suppliers into actually shipping decent numbers of the things, stripping away most of their collectors' value.

What? You didn't think people actually bought Amiibos for the content locked behind them, did you?
>>
>>321795805
>You didn't think people actually bought Amiibos for the content locked behind them, did you?
All these locked content/physical DLC complaints are pretty fucking dumb. I own about 25 amiibos and I barely ever actually use them in-game, because 90% of the time it's worthless bullshit like ugly alt costumes or a shitty minigame. Most of the avid collectors just want the figures.

Seriously, I'm always hearing bullshit about Nintendo locking out game content behind amiibo paywalls as if there's any chance that content would have existed without amiibo. Do you really think there would be alt colors for shit like Ness, Dedede, and Zero Suit Samus in Wooly World if amiibos weren't in the picture? Honestly, name one game where 'amiibo-locked' content would still exist if amiibo wasn't a thing.
>>
Never understood how they suckered people into buying these
>>
>>321797375
if you buy Amiibo then girls will like you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3c_JDDp99k
>>
>>321794046
None of the characters I would want one of is out or may never come out. Outside of that, I find their actual use to be limiting or not needed.
>>
File: IMG_4266.jpg (1 MB, 2594x1594) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4266.jpg
1 MB, 2594x1594
>>321794046
i just buy amiibos of characters that i really like and look cool so i don't really buy a lot of them

im waiting for that ryu and shovel knight amiibo
>>
Is Cloud gonna get one? Or Bayonetta?
>>
>>321797229
That's precisely what I was getting at there.

Despite the constant whinging on this and other game forums about "physical DLC", the fact of the matter is that people bought these things either for their collector's value or their rarity and "eBay" grey market value. Even Nintendo's new president noted this and said he wanted people to actually use the darn things more.
>>
>>321798538

Damn I never thought of this

I'll have to subside my hatred of Nintendo and be forced to actually give them some money if this happens.
>>
File: IMG_20151228_175053.jpg (675 KB, 2397x429) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151228_175053.jpg
675 KB, 2397x429
>>321798313
Same
There's only a few I really like the look of.
And these are most of them.

Never even used them on my Wii U.
>>
>>321794046
I'm not a ten year old autist.
>>
File: 1443943922469.png (332 KB, 596x628) Image search: [Google]
1443943922469.png
332 KB, 596x628
>>321797932
holy shit that's a whole new level of not knowing what the hell you are trying to sell
>>
File: 1450243781702.jpg (105 KB, 933x573) Image search: [Google]
1450243781702.jpg
105 KB, 933x573
>>321795512
>>321798538
They confirmed that they'll get amiibos in the smash direct
>>
>>321798538
Yeah, they are. The Smash Direct confirmed that Cloud and Bayonetta (and Kamui, but who cares about him/her?) are all getting Smash Amiibos. They put in release dates for Lucas, Roy, and Ryu as well, but the final three don't have official release dates yet.
>>
File: 1440650060727.jpg (58 KB, 720x668) Image search: [Google]
1440650060727.jpg
58 KB, 720x668
>>321797932
>DK is in this is gonna be bananas
>>
went the way of skylanders and infinite
like we all knew it would
>>
>>321797375
For me and for most of the people I know it's because amiibo is the only way to get figures/merchandise for certain characters. For example, I love EarthBound but if I want any merch from it I have to find something on eBay and pay out the ass for it. Much easier to just pay $13 for a decent figure.

Basically, lots of characters who usually don't get much focus at least have an amiibo I can get. Dedede, Chibi-Robo, Inklings, Pit, etc.

I've got an Isabelle nendoroid so I don't have an interest in the Isabelle amiibo. Mario merchandise is everywhere so even though I like Mario games I don't really want any of those amiibos. If I was interested in ROB, I'd just get a ROB. For me, it's not the amiibo that interests me as much as the character. I've even picked up a few Disney Infinity figures even though I'll never actually play the game.
>>
>>321799434
So a really big success?

The only toy to videogame thing that is doing kinda bad is that lego dimensions thing
>>
>>321799434
It would be better that way. Then, it would only be contained to one game rather than infecting every last Nintendo game with paywalled content.
>>
Who else is looking forward to hot gluing the Bayonetta Amiibo?
>>
>>321794231
>Back when I was a kid only adults like me played video games!
>>
>bought 20 little macs on release day
>all still unopened
they're rise in value again, right?
>>
>>321794046
Lack of Cartman Land effect now.

When they first launch, Iwata does the retarded "artificial stock" bullshit because he knows people will desperately want to buy them if they are super rare and can't get them easily.

Now that the fucker is dead, Yakuza comes along and fixes artificial stock because he is a competent businessman and now nobody gives a shit about them because you can walk into practically any Gamestop, Target, Wal-mart, etc. and actually have a decent selection to choose from other than just Mario, Pikachu, and Peach.

Whether or not this was just a holiday benefit still needs to be seen. Although I can't imagine there will be much more stock problems when the only Smash amiibos left are DLC characters and the only other new amiibos being manufactured are Shovel Knight, which isn't even being handled by Nintendo, and the Animal Crossing amiibos
>>
>>321801997
You missed your chance. Hope you can break even at least.
>>
File: 1423839560-4918-card.jpg (98 KB, 768x431) Image search: [Google]
1423839560-4918-card.jpg
98 KB, 768x431
so is it confirmed that we will never get this cool wario and donkey kong because Mario party for the wii u sucks?
>>
>>321798594
Why? Why do they have to be valuable or rare? I just wanted the figurines, I don't give a shit if it's $150
>>
I had the full set of wave 1 to 4, then I had a moment of clarity and decided to sell them, thankfully before the mass global restocks.
>>
>>321802762
I dunno man at $150 I'd probably go for some of those huge figures that light up and shit.
>>
>>321802536
Best DK Amiibo is Skylander one.
>>
>>321797932
I wonder what was going on in the minds of those actors, specially the mom, while reading the script and filming this
>>
>>321802113

The withholding of inventory does nothing for Nintendo. They sell 10,000 units of Dedede's for $12.99 for example, 6,000 of them are scalped. It does not generate them any additional revenue. It only benefits the scalpers and hurts their consumers.

If they saturate the market, it keeps their prices fair and keeps their consumers happy, and it's pure profit.

I understand special editions and limited releases, but when over 50% of your product is unavailable it is poor business practice and you have failed your consumers.
>>
>>321794231
but that would imply that kids are feeding into this amiibo craze. the people who are going crazy buying and selling amiibo are manchildren.
>>
>>321797932
>the kid trying to kiss the girl at the end
this is comedy gold
>>
>>321802536
Probably not confirmed, but don't expect it. They don't seem to have much news of other amiibos outside of Smash. They still have characters missing an amiibo to use for the modes they introduced in both Mario Party and the new Tennis game. If that priority hasn't been filled in yet, I doubt they'll focus on doing remakes of characters that already have an amiibo again anytime soon.

RIP traditional Wario amiibo.
>>
>>321797229
Splatoon
>>
Managed to get all thge Zelda Amiibos, trying to get all the Pokemon Amiibos as well as the FE Amiibos

That is all, waiting for that Cloud and Bayonetta Amiibo
>>
>>321803301
since when do retailers give a shit about consumer happiness?

If we didn't have laws, they'd treat everyone like the walking wallets they are.
>>
File: 1450634354108.jpg (182 KB, 1000x1474) Image search: [Google]
1450634354108.jpg
182 KB, 1000x1474
Have Nintendo made a solution for people who just want the DLfuckingC and not the chinese toy yet? I'd pay a couple of shekels for Mario Kart outfits or the Splatoon extra stages, but I couldn't give a fuck about the toys.
>>
>>321803301
Hey, I'm not saying the Cartman land effect is good for anyone involved. In fact I'm estatic that stock is good now because I collect and and use things (huge Smashfag reporting in. I love fighting the amiibos more because they actually learn and adapt to a degree and do more than just read player input and block or dodge damn near every attack). I'm just trying to point out why a lot of people don't care about them all of a sudden. Anyone who's been buying them since launch is going to stick with them no matter what and now they have the opportunity to just give Nintendo more money with fixed stock issues.

I hope fucking Gamestop does a Lucina and Robin restock. Codename Steam is life half-price now and I already have Marth and Ike, and now I'm even considering checking out Fire Emblem Fates when it comes out
>>
File: hIE1443494881.jpg (124 KB, 700x670) Image search: [Google]
hIE1443494881.jpg
124 KB, 700x670
>>321802762
>I don't give a shit if it's $150
You know there's other figures out there right?
>>
>>321803670
Pretty good example actually.

That being said, the only amiibo stuff I actually use from Splatoon is the schoolgirl outfit and the music player.

But yeah, I could see that stuff existing even without the amiibos.
>>
>>321803841
They've made Animal Crossing cards, but none for the Smash characters
They should just make a Nintendo themed 52-card poker deck and have them double as amiibo
>>
>>321803774

Well that's how retail works.

If they offer a popular product, they want as much as they can shelve, so they can sell it to the end user.

Limiting supply just because is stupid and benefits no one.
>>
My only real problem is the Pokemon Amiibos having almost no use outside of Smash not even in the Pokemon games, maybe in the future

>Everyone has nice SFX in Mario Maker but Pokemon
>>
>>321804428

Added benefit to Pokken Tournament would be neat.
>>
>>321804428
Blame the Pokemon Company for being all "muh sensitive IPs". Seriously they're worse than Nintendo themselves.
>>
>>321803935
When did Kaito get a Marth outfit?
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.