[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't they stop fucking up? They have some really talented
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: file.png (79 KB, 610x340) Image search: [Google]
file.png
79 KB, 610x340
Why can't they stop fucking up? They have some really talented people working for them. Even Resident Evil 6, while not really a RE game, it had really good combat and mechanics. If it was a new IP it would have been received well.
>>
>>321789532
Last I checked they roll in money from MH alone and I'm pretty sure RE6 sold a lot so I'd say they aren't really doing anything wrong.
>>
>>321789735
See, you're thinking about just money. This isn't /biz/. If you want a financials discussion go there. , I'm talking about the games. People constantly are asking them for things and making petitions and so on and they barely listen to anybody. I'm surprised this Resident Evil 2 remake even got greenlit.
>>
>>321790064
No, you see, if they were actually fucking up they wouldn't be making any cash, so they're clearly listening to demand and releasing shit that sells. Just because they aren't pandering to you doesn't mean they're fucking up.
>>
Does anyone know how the pre-order costumes work for the RE0 HD release? From what I've looked up, the digital version comes with the cheerleader outfit, while the physical one comes with the Mercs 3D nurse outfit.

Is that right? Am I being screwed out of a costume no matter which version I choose to buy?
>>
They're improving, though. Even if just gradually.
>>
File: 1451252895663.jpg (147 KB, 850x307) Image search: [Google]
1451252895663.jpg
147 KB, 850x307
>>321789532
>can't they stop fucking up

they are the Ubisoft of Japan
>>
>>321790614
Doggy Helena is CUTE. CUTE!
>>
>>321790420
Money speaks far louder than a couple angry 30 year olds.
>>
They have been releasing quality games lately and some to look out for in the future. Megaman needed a hiatus. I'm glad they're focusing on new IPs.
>>
>>321790420
There are different levels of fuck ups. I don't think anyone demands all the DLC and turning series into things they aren't. People who got into gaming in 2007 may not care, they probably only know of RE from the movies, but the fans do care. When those 2007 people get bored of them, the fans are all they have left.
>>
>>321790459
>>
>>321790459
You know they'll make them available later on.
>>
>>321791341
Yeah, but I hate downloading shit that should be included in a game. I don't even like digital copies, but it might be worth it for that.
>>
>>321790843
Weren't they like down to $150 million in the bank? Which is ridiculous for a company of that size that keeps actively making games.
>>
>>321791757
They've always had that much in the bank. It doesn't really mean anything. Not every company sits on massive piles of cash at all times, some operate with literally none at all.
>>
Well, they got Dragon's Dogma on PC :3c

All I want other than that is DD2 at some point. Might even make me buy a PS4 if it's not out on PC at the same time, no joke.
>>
How are they fucking up?
They have been releasing good shit recently
>Monster Hunter
>Resident Evil Remakes
>Street Fighter V
>Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition

Sure, Lost Planet 3, DmC, & Resident Evil 6 were fucking terrible but those were bad years for videogames anyway
>>
>>321792389
>Resident Evil 6
>terrible
Nice bait, queer
>>
>>321792389
Yeah, but RE6 supposedly cost a fuckton to make and took them a long time. That's why it was such a massive blow according to Capcom.
>>
>>321792389
>MH which is the mcdonalds of japan console gaming
>remakes ever being a good thing
>street fighter Pay 2 win V
>making a remake of an old game and slapping virgil in it

Capcom is dead as a game company.
>>
>no Onimusha
>no Dino Crisis
>fucked up devil may cry
>no Okami 2

Literally Konami 2.0
>>
>>321792389
RE6 is a weird game. It has its detractors. But there are people that like that game. people were really stuck on RE4 or RE2 and if it isn't like those games, they tend to shit on them loudly.
>>
>>321792767
>street fighter V
>pay 2 win

When will the memes end?
>>
>>321792942
Having a larger player roster than another player in a competitive fighting game is always going to be P2W.
>>
>>321792767
SE has 3 new characters which are all unique and some new costumes.. It is hard making characters for a game like DMC. Just think about it for a second
>>
>>321793030
You can practice every match up for free in training mode. You just can't use them online and in versus
>>
>>321793412
>You just can't use them online and in versus

This is very important for learning a character against actual humans.

SFV also kills local play and will make tournament set up a pain in the ass. Killer instinct all over fucking again.
>>
>>321793030
All the characters will be unlockable with in-game funny-money.

At worst, you might have to grind a bit to play a character.

Still not perfect, but Capcom is definitely moving forward with SFV.
>>
>>321792767

>remakes ever being a good thing

REmake was a very, very good thing. That was a remake done damn right.
>>
>>321793539
I never understood this "Grinding" complaint with SF.

You are literally just playing the game. It is not WoW where you are killing boars over and over when you could be doing a dungeon. You have 1 mode in SF
>>
>>321793539
>grind a bit

The grind won't be a bit. Now that's a meme.

>moving forward means locking away most of the characters to pay for

Yeah this surely is progressive!
>>
>>321793228
There's basically no thoughts towards balance going into those characters though.
>>
>>321793626
For one, we have no idea how much the DLC characters will cost in in-game money, nor do we know how long it will take to accumulate that amount of money, at least as far as I know.

Second, previous games had both A.) DLC characters that had to be bought with real cash-money and B.) DLC characters that were already on the disc, stuck behind a real money pay-wall.

Yes, having the option to trade points you earn playing the game for a character instead of having paying with real money is a step-forward for Capcom/Street Fighter.
>>
>>321794521
Capcom is keeping that a close guarded secret to the end because they know that the moment people see how grindy it is, it's going to be a massive bad press.
>>
>>321792807
Yeah I didn't like it when I played it because it doesn't feel like RE and you're in that mindset of what a RE game is supposed to be like, but on it's own it felt nice which is generally the consensus, I even considered getting it for PC just for Mercs.
>>
>>321793626
Not the guy you're arguing with, but it IS progressive compared to locking away the bosses and other characters and then rereleasing the game with a suffix at full price again and again.
>>
>>321796484
Except you're going to be paying a hella lot more.
>>
>>321790420
they were fucking up big time awhile back mostly thanks to the mediocre sales of RE6, DmC and Lost Planet 3, hence why they're playing it safe with the established IP's and ports
>>
What's the differences between Leon and Claire in RE2? Is it like the previous game where you can just roll one and move on?
>>
>>321790614
Even as a dog, Leon is a pretty boy,
>>
>>321796769
You mean story wise? Their scenarios are different. The canon one is Claire's A, Leon's B.
>>
>>321792791
>no Okami 2
Okamiden
>>
File: 1443785108186.jpg (52 KB, 960x579) Image search: [Google]
1443785108186.jpg
52 KB, 960x579
>>321789532
>Mega Man legacy collection pre-orders go up
>have no interest in it, since I have all 6 mega man games on multiple consoles as well as the original carts
>gold mega man amiibo
HOLY SHIT I'LL GRAB TWO
>each gamestop only got 3
>employees reserved them all
>they also only released this in America
>the rest of the world isn't getting the gold amiibo
>amiibos are currently selling more then the games they come from
>capcom still did this knowing full well what they were doing

Apparently Capcom hates money with a vengeance.
>>
>>321797174
Oh I see, they're two parts you play either way. Well I hope I get the good ending this time. I ditched Barry in RE1.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.