[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>sudden urge to play sims 2 >decide to play legit instead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
>sudden urge to play sims 2
>decide to play legit instead of just torturing sims or cheating for infinite money mansions
>make a couple and decent starting house
>dude's first want is to make a friend
>say hi to the mailman
>that night he calls to hang out downtown
>say yes
>for some reason numbnuts doesn't make it to the taxi in time
>I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU STOOD ME UP NEVER CALL ME AGAIN
>too late to cancel taxi
>decide to hangout downtown so its not a total waste
>order some food
>waiter glitches or something and never brings food
>hunger and energy almost empty
>gets home to immediately see his wife setting the kitchen on fire
>put out fire
>pass out on floor from energy desperation
>wake up a few hours later from hunger desperation
>eat the spoiled burned food thats still on the stove
>get food poisoning
>finally get to the bed
>one room shack
>phone rings and wakes him up
>silent mode
>wife's friend turns on tv
>kick her out
>get barely 1/4 of enough sleep
>TIME FOR WORK

apparently i made the unluckiest bastard on earth

sim story thread
>>
also is sims 4 any good?
>>
>>321786329
It's more slick than the previous games and has some nice touches like being able to give your sims more than one set of clothes per category.
It also has a selfie button and I don't know what to think about that.
>>
>>321787478
i've got it pirated so i'll try it eventually but as far as actually playing there's no reason not to go back to one that has all the expansions already.

does it have the full neighborhood stuff like 3?
>>
>>321787478
couldn't you do that in 3 as well? I mean the clothes thing

anyway I found it pretty barren, even for a base game, and I don't see much room for improvement. 3 would have been the best if not for the open world mechanics. 2 with all EPs is the best
>>
>>321785229
Just play sims 3 it's the best of the sims games
>>
>>321787897
I wish Sims 3 had the sim editor of 4. It is by far their biggest breakthrough nestled in a game that is mostly shit.
>>
>>321787685
>does it have the full neighborhood stuff like 3?
Nope, but it has the area just around the lot so if your house is right next to a lake, you'll be able to go fish in it.
Overall I'd rate the game one step forwards and two steps back since the character creator is pretty good.
>>
>>321787897
the actual people look like complete ass. there's no reason to play 3 over 2 except maybe the full city thing but that was botched anyway
>>
>>321788165
>the character creator is pretty good.
thats really the big appeal of the sims anyway. that and house building. i'd like a non-shit implementation of the town mode though
>>
>>321787897
This, been playing sims games since 2001, nothing come close to the complexity and content of Sims 3, to bad its an unoptimized piece of shit that takes 10 minutes to load even with an ssd.
>>
>>321788268
Can't you play any family in 2 while you could only have one active one in 3? I think that's what made me dislike it.
>>
>>321788165
yeah but if you access that area and then try to go to someone's house it's loading screen time, it's shit
>>
>>321788439
Yep but what can you do
>>
>>321788268
Shit opinion, but I highly doubt you played any of other games in the series for more than 2 hours so I dont even mind.
>>
The most fun I had was creating a serial killer Sim who painted his victims just as they died and then put up the paintings all over his house.

He'd also use that specialty vacuum to steal their skill points and occasionally feed them to that big Audrey II plant to regain his youth.
>>
>>321788456
yeah its been a long time since i played since it was so disappointing so i forget the exact details, but i know you had to pick an active family. you could switch, but it was a pain, and it simulates other families in the background while you're playing the active one and can fuck up all your shit. you could turn it off, but then you're basically just playing sims 2 anyway, except 10 times as cumbersome to switch families. it defeats the entire purpose of the full town since you can't really play the full town.
>>
>>321788596
everyone in the sims 3 looks like they have downs. thats not even an opinion its a fact
>>
> decide to play as a hobo
> food from the trashcan is ok
> sleep well in the benches
> find some good rocks to sell

Shittiest experience, even if i tried to be mean with everyone nothing bad happend.
>>
>make asian family, two overbearing parents who are sadistic and cruel and a nerd for a child who is scared of everything.
>the kid gets scolded constantly and takes it really hard. His mood is often deep red dispite him being well looked after hunger, tiredness and hygine.
>his parents fucking love yelling at him and their mood is almost always max green.
>he has zero friends and cannot get along with anybody.
>one weekend i decide to help him by making him face his fears. Late at night when the parents are asleep he sneaks into the garage and takes out his bike for a ride.
>He rides to the graveyard and boldly enters the cript.
>i dont know what happened down there but it didnt build his character or cure his eternal fear
>He runs out the cript in his underwear, with dirt all over his body.
>he jumps on the bike and as the sun rises he races back home.
>Mom and Dad are up and they are fucking angry.
>they spend the majority of the day yelling at him and scolding him.
>they finally send him to his room
>He is terrified of what he experianced at the graveyard and hurt by his parents outroar.
>too exausted to go to his bed he passes out on the floor.
>mom and dad giggle and drink from the minibar.
>>
>>321790508
2real4me
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.