[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there will never be a third Viewtiful Joe game with expanded
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Viewtiful.Joe.full.283270.jpg (766 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Viewtiful.Joe.full.283270.jpg
766 KB, 1024x768
>there will never be a third Viewtiful Joe game with expanded mechanics and deeper combat
Why even live?

Kinda goes without saying that it sucks most Clover/Platinum games will never get sequels either.
>>
VJ2 was honestly pretty mediocre and I doubt a third one would be much better
>>
>>321780715
Combat isn't supposed to be "deep" in VJ. It's about building combos for a V rating. You already have all the tools you need to send enemies flying at every conceivable angle in the first one.
>>
>>321780715
God Hand and Bayonetta are its functional successors considering their emphasis on dodging and retaliating, and obviously Wonderful 101 is pretty much its thematic successor. Masked sentai heroes brawling against an alien invasion with goofy puns for names.

Disappointing that we'll never see Viewtiful Joe 3? Yes. But it's not like you're really left high and dry.

Now, there never being a true successor to God Hand besides the stylish but stripped down Mad World and Anarchy Reigns to a lesser extent? That's the real tragedy.
>>
>>321781682
This. They literally ran out of ideas after the first game. Not every IP needs to go on forever
>>
>>321783442
Neither God Hand nor Bayonetta, or even W101 really play like VJ all that much though, even if there are elements of the game in all three of them.
>>
>>321780715
The second one sucked so that's fine by me.
>>
>>321783957
Fair enough, I'm just saying like >>321783627 suggests, VJ was pretty much perfect out of the gate and the two games they made after the fact weren't adding much at all.
>>
>>321784090
Doesn't Kamiya still want to make VJ3?

We don't know what he could make with it.
>>
>>321780715
What movies would they parody?
>>
>>321784381
There's still lots of movies to parody.

>like any horror movie since the first game didn't parody any horror movie (I'm not sure about the second since I still haven't seen it yet)
>Men in Black
>Star Trek series (different enough from Star Wars imo)
>superhero movies (shit writes itself btw)
>The Lord of the Rings
>Inception
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.