[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are there no FPS games about the civil war when there�
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
Why are there no FPS games about the civil war when there's a bunch about WWII and even WWI.

I'm not talking about firing squads, but everything in general of huge clumps of men.

Theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tIsXLyZcWI
>>
File: 5973165828943.gif (1 MB, 200x179) Image search: [Google]
5973165828943.gif
1 MB, 200x179
>white men killing each other over niggers.
>>
Didn't they still use muskets at the beginning so you shoot once and then reload for the next minute. I know they started using "modern" selfcontained cartridges towards the end of the war but i'm pretty sure it was only like six shooters and shit. I don't think it'd be very fun unless it was a startegy game like Total War
>>
>>321780463

Mount and Blade napoleonic wars is close enought i guess.
>>
File: 41km8gULsSL.jpg (27 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
41km8gULsSL.jpg
27 KB, 300x300
They did, it's terrible
>>
I'd play the fuck out of a multiplayer commander wars type thing with ai that wasn't as fucking retarded as the average mount and blade trooper. You're a platoon commander fighting in conjunction with others on a big ass battlefield and control of the campaign is define on who routs the other side from battlefields.

Fuck yeah.
>>
>why are there no FPS games where you walk gently towards the enemy and fire in the enemy's general direction

because that would be incredibly boring

There's Verdun and RO2 if you need a history fix
>>
iirc wasnt the first level of Call of Juares 2 civil war
>>
>>321780463
>FPS games about the civil war
The same reason there is no FPS games with muskets as the main weapon. Because you need a dedicated community who'd actually do lines to make it anywhere near good.

Also
>not Napoleonic
Literally god tier songs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zla_v-7uEXs
>>
>>321783853
Mount and Blade Napoleonic Wars is fun as hell, son

>slowly walk towards fortress to that great classical soundtrack
>cannonballs flying past your head
>musket balls hitting the ground around you as people in the fortress take pot shots
>missing a shot and switching to your bayonet because there isn't enough time to reload before the angry Prussians surrounding you reach you
>>
>>321786362
>charging into melee
That is how you get shot.
>>
>>321786362
Which is why we need a Civil war game, because it'd be between Napoleonic and WW1 in tech.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.