[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think of final fantasy X?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: 02.jpg (109 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
02.jpg
109 KB, 1024x768
What does /v/ think of final fantasy X?
>>
awful

almost made me sell the PS2 my cousin gave me
>>
Shit game with some redeeming qualities.
>>
>>321779957
Beginning of the decline. It was simply overlooked because it happened to be that generation's babby's first FF.
>>
>>321779957
8 > 6 > 7 > 9 > 5 > 4 > 10 > 2 > 1 > 3 > Whatever the fuck comes after X.
>>
>>321779957

It's despised by /v/ for the voice acting and linearity, because /v/ tends to want $100 experiences for $5 and have no problems whatsoever.

Though, to an actual Final Fantasy fan myself, I still thoroughly enjoy X and still herald it as one of my favorites. Is it without flaws? Of course not. But, the amazing world and characters it brought to the franchise, along with the best turn-based system I've ever played, really help it stand out. Don't forget about it's crazy-good leveling, either.
>>
>>321779957
Is this a good place to start for someone who has never played a FF game?
>>
>>321780406

Easily. X, IV, VI, and VII are the best entry games in the series.
>>
>>321780406
I think it is, though you might be put off by the linearity. There are better FF starters though
>>
>>321779957
The international version allowed me to push beyond my limits. I enjoyed it.
>>
As a jrpg it's a fun, fantasy adventure. Didn't quite live up to expectations as a Final Fantasy game, however, due to lacking an overworld, dodgy debut of voice-acting and inconsistent quality in the music.

I enjoyed it a lot more the second time I played it a few years ago.
>>
Currently loving the TBFP LP. It seems pretty dumb, but a solid RPG as far as teammates / battle systems go.
>>
>>321780559
>There are better FF starters though
What are they?
>>
no Lightning, 0/10
>>
>>321780481
>X, IV, VI, and VII are the best entry games in the series.
nice meme
>>
had some really amazing music and I consider the sphere grid a way more games should do talents or whatever, it was a pretty big deal to me.

played it when I was a lot younger so I don't really remember all the fights besides throwing money at Sin.
>>
>>321779957
Linearity is the last of its issues, considering the average player usually plays through the main plot first and after that they do all the side quests.

FFX has two major issues: half the cast is either obnoxious as hell (Tidus, Wakka), or useless to the plot (Kihmari, Rikku aside from fanservice) and the endgame degenerates into Quick Hit spam, ruining a potentially good battle system.
>>
>>321781725
didn't quick hit get nerfed hard in the re-releases?
>>
>>321781521
>I consider the sphere grid a way more games should do talents or whatever, it was a pretty big deal to me.

The sphere grid is a convoluted piece of shit and should be left to rot at the bottom of the sea.

Gear system was great though. No stupid infinitesimal increases in attack stats, just aesthetics and attack / defence modifiers. Could have done with more than just 1 weapon and armour slot though.
>>
>>321779957
it's pronounced TEE-DUS
>>
I'm enjoying it. It's the first 3D FF to keep my attention for longer than a few hours. Damn shame Kimari is so useless.
>>
Sin is Jecht.
>>
>>321779957
XA XA XA XA XA XA XA
>>
>>321779957
the beginning of the end for final fantasy, and it's horrible sequel somehow managed to fuck up even more by making X take place in the same universe as VII
>>
>>321782993
Is there anyone more manly than Jecht?
>>
Everyone said VII was the best, so I played it. I still liked X more, so by that flawless logic, X is the best Final Fantasy
>>
>>321779957
the last decent final fantasy game
>>
>>321783850
the most revolutionary thing about VII was its graphics

of course it doesn't hold up as well now
>>
>>321781725
kimahri made a promise to auron to protect yuna
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4APX_Nafxg
>>
It was responsible for the glorious cute outfits adventure called X-2. Therefore it's ok.
>>
>>321784164
meme game
>>
File: laughingman.png (165 KB, 528x296) Image search: [Google]
laughingman.png
165 KB, 528x296
Hated it, but I'd gladly replay it over replaying shit like FF13. Also Auron was cool.
>>
File: 1427347450775.png (13 KB, 426x364) Image search: [Google]
1427347450775.png
13 KB, 426x364
>>321779957
It was better than 7, by a mile. sphere grid was amazing, combat fun and fluid for turn based, could have been harder to beat though. 10/10 graphics and story at the time.

People (kids) that have only played FF13 & FF7 (or not even and just say they have like 98% of you fucks) will argue this buit come up with no valid reasons why besides "muh cloud, muh rose tinted glasses from finding out what a weeb game is", but we all know its true. 8 is the best though so.
But seriously, the ff7 fanboysim has gotten so out of control, i have caught people who have never finished a FF game saying its the best.
10 was amazing and has aged well.
>>
>>321779957

It's called Final Fantasy X because you press X to move forward.

HAIL FINAL FANTASY X FOR THE WORST GAME IN THE WORLD!
>>
>>321784164
x2 killed it =[
they could have gone down a great path and chose the evil one.
>>
>>321779957
fucking incredibly boring, people shit on MGS4 and max payne 3 for having a lot of cutscenes but i swear this is way worse
>>
>>321781450
They're the games that brought the most people to the series. Facts aren't memes you mouth-breather
>>
>>321779957
The advanced sphere grid in HD is cool.

Blitzball is the one of the best parts and it sucks they introduce blitzball with that bullshit tourney game because it probably turned most people off from ever trying it again.
>>
>>321781725
Rikku's pretty damn important, did you even finish the game?
>>
>>321779957
It was the last Final Fantasy that was remotely playable. I beat it twice. It pissed me off to no end that they removed the world map and casualized the exploration.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.