[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /v/, i'm considering getting the witcher 3, but I haven't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: witcher-3-promo-art.jpg (321 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
witcher-3-promo-art.jpg
321 KB, 1600x900
Hey /v/, i'm considering getting the witcher 3, but I haven't played any of the prequels. Will I still have a really good experience playing the game with no knowledge of past lore/characters/ etc?
>>
Self Bump
>>
I didn't play the past two games because i couldn't get into them at their times of release but clocked in over 100 hours in 3.

Its really not necessary and the only throwbacks as far as i can tell are very small and few.
>>
>>321779361
>prequels
the fuck
>>
at least play witcher 2 first. The combat is not that far off from 3.
>>
File: 1429069800591.gif (2 MB, 265x200) Image search: [Google]
1429069800591.gif
2 MB, 265x200
>>321779576
Dope. Thanks for the opinion
>>
File: sam rockwell.jpg (20 KB, 220x331) Image search: [Google]
sam rockwell.jpg
20 KB, 220x331
Reading the books and playing the previous games add a shit ton of context and character development to the story that take a good game and elevate it into an even better game. A lot of key scenes, plot points, and character relationships established in earlier stories that are important to the plot of the Witcher 3 will go right over your head.

You can probably still enjoy the game for what it is, a well crafted game with excellent writing and production values. However, you're doing yourself a disservice if you don't at LEAST play the first two games and/or read at LEAST The Last Wish.
>>
>>321779361
As a person who played them all in the right order, I'll tell it to you straight: You don't have to play them to understand what is happening.

However, since the biggest appeal for the game is the story and the setting and the characters, playing the first two (or at least the second) will make your experience so much more rewarding.

Also you can lord it over the console/tw3 only plebs who can't/can't see past dated graphics and gameplay if you want to.
>>
>>321780156

kek

Witcher 2 was on xbox 360.
>>
File: 1434940479810.gif (2 MB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
1434940479810.gif
2 MB, 300x200
I'm going to read the last wish, then get the game. Thanks for coming through, /v/
>>
yes. they made all witcher games in a way that if you haven't read the books or played the previous games you can still get into them and enjoy the story and you will get to know the characters. But if you do play the previous ones and read books you will get more out of them
>>
Play at least the 2nd, it´s not required but you will enjoy 3 more that way.

You should also play 1 because it´s a good RPG but i understand if you dont want to because of multiple reasons.
>>
If you don't read the books, you might make the mistake of choosing Triss over Yen.
>>
>>321782105
Yen a bitch.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.