[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anyone looking forward to it? Do we know if they'll
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: VlafPAeysgOmUxb-800x450-noPad.jpg (95 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
VlafPAeysgOmUxb-800x450-noPad.jpg
95 KB, 800x450
Is anyone looking forward to it?

Do we know if they'll be making any changes to the game in order to respond to its backlash?
>>
Cancelling it and making another strikers
>>
>>321777187

Nintendo are stubborn as fuck. They won't change a thing and the game will flop, taking the entire series along with it.

RIP Metroid, Thanks Sakamoto.
>>
>>321777594

Nintendo isn't Big Red Button

They won't take a widely disliked product, say it's almost done, and push it on store shelves for the holiday rush.
>>
>>321777187
I'm looking forward to it. I'm going to play it online with a friend.
>>
The game looks fun. People need to stop acting like faggots. "Because this exists means other things will not!" That logic is retarded.
>>
>>321778394
I agree, anon. Why can't people judge for themselves after giving a game a try? Tri Force Heroes is a spin-off too, and it turned out great. Let's wait and see how good Federation Force will be.
>>
>>321778394
I think the logic is more along the lines of "why would they resurrect a 5-years dead franchise with a cool but lighthearted looking spin-off that's guaranteed to sell like crap". It's frustrating because they're going to release this "Metroid" game, it's going to sell even worse than the others did, and then they'll put Metroid on the backburner indefinitely again because they think people aren't interested in the franchise anymore.

It'd be like if they announced a spin-off F-Zero game in which you play as the members of Samurai Goroh's gang, taking part in 1v1 samurai fights and 4-way fruit ninja style target competitions. It could end up good, but it's not what we've been waiting 10+ years for, it'd almost certainly sell like shit, and when that happens, Nintendo has a bad habit of taking it out on the franchise and its fans rather than admitting that they ballsed it up.
>>
I'll buy it just to have everything Metroid, but I'm not happy about it.
>>
>>321781081
>gobbling corporate cock
This is exactly why the game is being made.

Also, I really hate Nintendo the more and more I pay attention. I bought a Wii U last september and only true thing being advertised non-stop was Splatoon. I enjoyed the beta with the forced breaks between testfires, but that's what made it decent. I wasn't able to spend hours playing it to see how dull the game is. Just like SW:Battlefront.

Anyway, back to the point. Nintendo just got released Devil's Third and already wrote the game off as shit.

This game? Full steam ahead, Captain. What gives?
How does a game with action and shit to do go unannounced and dismissed with little to no copies being available for purchase because of Nintendo writing off the game prior to launch. But a game like this that was shown off and received with a huge backlash at E3, still continues to be made? I get Iwata died, but that only truly affected his family. Nintendo pushes out and hypes up games they want people to like, not what their fans like. What a fucked up way of viewing business, especially thanks to your fans that got you where you are now.
>>
Wish it was Hunter 2, that game would really thrive on 3DS, but I'm still looking forward to it. We know hardly anything about it yet. I'm expecting it to be a lot larger and more varied than the two things Treehouse showed, and I'm excited to work out different load outs and see how other players handle situations differently from me. I'm crossing my fingers for some way to customize your character so things look a little more interesting online but regardless I'll take a look when more info comes out.
>>
It was already stealth cancelled.
The petition won.
>>
>>321781569

You're a fool if you assume that Nintendo ever expected this to be a big seller, you're a fool if you think they would just completely scrap a game they've already put money into, and you're weird for being upset about how they treated a shitty game like Devil's Third. Yes, I've played it.
>>
>>321779301
This.

Even worse, it's a shitty execution of a good idea. Lots of people wanted a spinoff where you played as Federation troopers, but not like this. This just looks awful.
>>
>>321781775
Қ££Ṗ ƊŔ£ΛɱĩהG ƒŪ¢¢o
>>
I'm optimistic and hope it will be better than I think it's going to be. My only worries is because it isn't samus. See, with samus, you have this super powered suit that can change and adapt so much so it means you can get a plethora of abilites over the course of the series. However, with the federation soldiers, this is not the case and i'm worried that the tools and power ups we're given in Federation Force won't be all that interesting or fun to use.
>>
The tools and powerups are still the primary focus of the game, though. It's all about picking a load out that works well with the team and the mission.
>>
File: 1429708276712.jpg (234 KB, 660x854) Image search: [Google]
1429708276712.jpg
234 KB, 660x854
>>321777796
didn't they do just that?
>>
>>321783975
No

that's not a game they made
>>
I fucking hope that leaker wasn't bullshitting
>>
Gameplay wise probably

Otherwise it can't change much of the backlash is about the game existing from the Metroid babies

It's gonna be a great game

Not what you wanted =/= Bad
>>
>>321784310
What did it say?
>>
I hope they cancelled it. I did my part.
>>
Take away the Metroid title. Game becomes 10/10.

People playing for Metroid content will be SORELY disappointed. People playing for a fun new IP with four player coop gameplay will have a blast.
>>
>>321778394
But that's exactly what's going to happen. Nintendo is trying to appeal to a wider demographic again, and when it fails they're going to consider Metroid creatively dead because they're stupid faggots.

Metroid doesn't get a new title because their modern devs cant figure out how to Gimmick it. They know MP3 sucked ass, because the wiimote is a gimmick wand with no depth, and they cant rightly gimmick a PROPER 2D metroid so they leave it dead.

Fuck nintendo.
>>
File: Nintenkiddies.png (437 KB, 690x425) Image search: [Google]
Nintenkiddies.png
437 KB, 690x425
>>
>>321785643
But it's a 3DS game
>>
File: Metroid_Prime_Trilogy.jpg (95 KB, 256x360) Image search: [Google]
Metroid_Prime_Trilogy.jpg
95 KB, 256x360
Hijacking this shit because I don't think it deserves its own thread
Is there a reason to play the Trilogy over the first two games on Gamecube? did they add anything besides the waggle controls?
>>
>>321785893
Didn't really add anything other than that. It added "achievements" in the form of friend tokens or whatever. There's also other minor stuff, like getting to keep the scans you got on your other playthroughs and fixing glitches and stuff. I'd say if you still have the originals, a memory card and a GCN controller, there's little reason to play them.
>>
>>321786347
The "them" at the end referring to the Trilogy versions, of course.
>>
>>321784494
http://arch.b4k.co/v/thread/321227108/#321227108
It's most likely bullshit though
>>
>>321778394
>The game looks fun.
That Ice Beast mission looked tedious as fuck and the Space Pirate mission didn't look much better, and Blast Ball didn't have a good showing at the NWC.
I'm open to the idea of the spinoff but it doesn't look good at all
>>
I'm interested in the game actually. It looks fun.

I don't think it's been canned; on the 3DS eShop, it showed up under "Future Releases" so I'm hopeful.
>>
>>321786347
>>321785893
I think the waggle controls are really nice compared to the GCN controls. Also the "Achievements" thing get you some neat little things like unlocking the fusion suit in MP1 as well as a few other things I can't remember off the top of my head.

I would say really it is up to you though. the GCN echoes is harder (they made the boost ball guardian easier in trilogy) and the gun effects are missing. I would say that is what would make or break your choice.
>>
Yes I am, mainly because I like Next Level games and they make good games

Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon was bland and didn't have the same atmosphere as the original, but it was still a superior sequel in gameplay, puzzles and interactions

So the art style doesn't really bother me as a negative
>>
File: 1433952221917.png (12 KB, 405x414) Image search: [Google]
1433952221917.png
12 KB, 405x414
>>321784905
A bigger problem than that is, Nintendo doesn't realize they don't need gimmicks. Just make a good game.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.