[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the benefits of playing on a console rather than a PC?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
What is the benefits of playing on a console rather than a PC?
>>
It feels right
>>
You can play Bloodborne on the Bloodborne machine.
>>
>>321775889
you can use a controller and a Tv. also PC games just dont feel right
>>
>>321776124
>>321776024
>muh nostalgia feels when I was a kid
>>
>>321775889
You can make a big fuzz about a game running @60fps
>>
Consoles have always been dedicated gaming systems that are basically designed to play games for the longest time possible until developers literally stop supporting its hardware.

That's what consoles have always been about, the fucking games.

It was never meant to evolve into an 8 legged $3000 hobby in which you masturbate over a giant virginic monolith in your room while gloating about all its side features, multi monitor capability, gigahurts in rams and performance, hoarding thousands of $2 flash games and all this other fedora-tier hobbyist shit, especially when your platform doesn't even get half the worthwhile fucking games each gen.

Face the music, you like AAA games just not when they're on consoles. Nobody likes PC exclusives then 'just' likes Multiplat AAA's, they havent been good since 2007. You either hate all AAA's and enjoy PC exclusives which is somewhat respectable and justifies your platform or you're a weak willed faggot that's in denial. It's that simple.

Consoles have and always will be machines for people who like to play games who place a higher importance on software than console bashing people for enjoying those games because a game hass less frames and lights in the draw distance.
>>
>>321775889
You get Japanese anime games, don't you want to play as a little girl fighting mister LOL
>>
>physical ownership of games
>plug-and-play simplicity
>cheap
>exclusives
>>
>>321775889
You can put it on the living room and let you parents use it as media center when you're not playing. Looks better than your gaming memeware PC on the living room making noise
>>
File: 1449911084486.jpg (51 KB, 960x596) Image search: [Google]
1449911084486.jpg
51 KB, 960x596
>>321775889

couchmode
souls games
jap games
non-autistic friends to play with
can disguise urself as a normie when people come over
can play on a tv
more portable
can throw controller when raging
>>
Convenience.
Lower entry fee.
Physical copies.
Japanese games.
Larger community for most games, though the quality is questionable.
>>
>>321776951

nailed it
>>
>>321776371
Only your first line is correct.

Consoles stopped being about the games halfway through last gen, and have since then been about appealing to a mass audience and creating big marketing campaigns to lure normalfags into spending more money on the games they're told to buy.

You have all the prejudices you want, gaming was taken over by mainstream media and homogenized.

PC hobbyists have always been around, and they also happens to have a platform for showing off power that's more entertaining than bitcoin mining or advanced calculations, and that's real time 3D rendering in games.

Face the music, if you like consoles for old reasons, you're more delusional and stuck in the past than people who still use windows xp. Nobody buys big time exclusives in nearly the same numbers as shitty multiplats, except nintendo, who seem to be the only company that falls into being more about their software than their hardware.

Consoles are no longer for the old gamers, they're for a new generation and you're living a lie.
>>
>>321775889
low entry cost. A decent gaming PC that will play newer games is at least $600, then you need to drop another $100 on a monitor, then you need kb+m. You also need a desk and a chair and the room for it.
With console, you just spend <$400 and plug it into your tv. Then you get like ~6 years of support and software releases for that platform.

some people don't need a PC and just want to play some fuckin videogames.
>>
>>321776505

>ever letting old people use your PC
>>
No one will know your email address
>>
>>321776124
>you can use a controller and a Tv

I play most of my PC games with a controller and a TV.
>>
>>321775889

Video games that you know are being released instead of port begging that only results in scraps.
>>
>>321776487
>implying physical ownership means anything when nearly all games are a broken mess on release and need patches to even be playable.
>>
>>321776487
>plug-and-play simplicity
Not anymore.

>cheap
Wrong.

>>321776951
>couchmode
Can be done on PC.

>can play on a tv
Can be done on PC.

>more portable
A PC can be more portable than a console

>can throw controller when raging
Can be done on PC.

>>321777310
>need to drop another $100 on a monitor, then you need kb+m
People will already own a desktop, there's no need to purchase a new monitor and peripherals.

>You also need a desk and a chair and the room for it.
No, you don't. You can set it up on your tv and sit on your couch to use the computer or play games.
>>
>>321777310
>With console, you just spend <$400 and plug it into your tv.
and you found your TV for free in a dumpster and lay on the ground while playing?
>>
>>321777512
At least you can sell your broken games when youre done with them.
>>
>>321775889

Consoles have games I want to play.
>>
>>321776951
Is there a specific verb for throwing your controller? Stickchucking?Ragehurling?
>>
>>321777310
what if someone doesnt have a tv....then theyd need to spend $100 for a tv to play a console too....plus most tvs can connect to a pc as a monitor now too so that point is kinda invalid isnt it

also games are more expensive on console so could argue in the long run ull end up paying more
>>
>>321777593
this and plus i bet they spend $300 on L33T call of duty headsets
>>
Consoles are gay.
>>
File: 1449988000056.jpg (121 KB, 948x717) Image search: [Google]
1449988000056.jpg
121 KB, 948x717
>>321777545
>consoles
>not cheap

$300 is fucking nothing

I thought you PC-onlyfags were supposed to be loaded.
>>
>>321777310
Can anyone explain to me why console users still think you can't plug a PC into a tv?
>>
>>321775889
I love having a PC, but that thing has given me a lot more trouble over the years than a console. I know I can buy a game for PS4, just put it in and it works.
>>
>>321777545
>People will already own a desktop, there's no need to purchase a new monitor and peripherals.
Not necessarily. Lots of people simply have portable devices like laptops or tablets these days. This means they will need to buy a kb+m and possibly a display/desk/chair.

>You can set it up on your tv and sit on your couch to use the computer or play games.
Fair enough. However, this entails having a large, ugly, heavy, hot machine running in your living room. Also it's pretty uncomfortable using a kb+m in a couch potato position imo. Sure you can use a controller for games but not to navigate Windows.
>>
>>321777545
besides, you also need to buy new peripherals for console.
where are you gonna play it if you don't have a tv?
what do you do when the controllers break?
and as far as room goes, you need one too for console gaming.
i don't hate consoles, hell, i intend to buy a ps4 when games for it actually get realeased(games i want anyway), but people throwing moot points as every arguments for or against any kind of gaming is just stupid
>>
>>321777825
Purchasing the console by itself is cheaper than paying for a PC, yes. But in the long term, you'll be paying $60 to play online, and $60 for every new game that releases, and that all adds up.
>>
>>321775889

there are none aside from the few exclusives(which are fucking dogshit this gen)
>>
>>321777945
It doesn't feel right.
>>
File: 1390369897043.jpg (9 KB, 235x217) Image search: [Google]
1390369897043.jpg
9 KB, 235x217
>>321776371
So if I enjoy gaming on my $1,400 gaming PC with a 980 ti (about ready to get another for SLI,) on my PS4, and my Wii-u and just like all facets of gaming without bashing consoles for their lesser hardware; am I part of the so called "Demographic" you described?
>>
>>321777978

That's like saying you'll pay full price for every new pc game that comes out. There is nothing inherent in owning a console that requires you to buy games at launch.

The only reason you pay less is because you're forced to wait anyways.
>>
>>321777945
You aren't supposed to play PC games on large scale TV's.

It doesn't feel right at all.
>>
>>321777825
they are still overpriced pc.
that being said, the consoles themselves arent the steep price, it's games that cost a lot, both on pc and consoles.
seriously, the fact that 4-5 full-price new games is all you can get for the price of a console(and i include pc in that) is ridiculous
>>
>>321777978
>implying PC games are the only ones that go on sale

You pay $60 for a newly released AAA game no matter what platform youre on. Unless youre a piratefag, in which case youre an irrelevant peasant anyways.
>>
>>321775889
game saves are standardized and contained
>>
>>321777962
>Sure you can use a controller for games but not to navigate Windows.

True, but if the users purely wants a gaming desktop that acts as much like a console as possible, then they'd most likely have SteamOS or something.
>>
>>321776951
>>321777545

love how anon #2 made no effort to justify the fact that pc players are autists
>>
>>321777978
PS4's best exclusives are mostly SP games. You don't really need online. And even if you want to play online, all the free games offset the cost.

>$60 for every new game that releases

Sorry, PS4 physical games are often cheaper than Steam sales. That's not even mentioning the fact you can trade in physical media to Amazon or sell it on Ebay.

You're deluded.
>>
>>321778372
>PS4 physical games are often cheaper than Steam sales
>>
>>321775889
I like console gaming because I don't know much about computers and I enjoy just sitting on the couch with a beer, playing with my bros on Call of Duty after a hard day of work when my girlfriend is taking care of our kids.

I get bashed on a lot for saying computer gaming is complicated and expensive. I looked into it and I just couldn't make heads or tails on what to do.

Also I can't stand not playing games on anything but a 50 inch screen tv. Computer monitors are just too small.
>>
>>321775889
Exclusives that are worthwhile
Comfiness
Less expensive in the short run
Can do split screen stuff easily
Don't have to worry about specs, compatibility, or upgrading
Can actually get physical copies of games

PCs are better technically but consoles work and do some things better. Either way, being an idort is the way to go
>>
>>321777718
>>321777593
Get real, pretty much every household already has a T.V.
>>
>>321778276
There's always alternatives for cheaper games on PC, as there are console, but a majority don't take advantage of that and simply go to buy their games from Gamestop or from the Playstation/Xbox online store.

On PC, you've got websites like G2A, CDKeys, etc. that allow you to purchase games (albeit at a slight risk) for much cheaper than retail or steam prices.

>>321778323
I was going to say that I'd rather play with autists than with spoiled children, but in truth I don't want to play with either of them. And besides, autistic people would choose a console over a PC because of the ease of use.

>>321778372

Top kek anon.
>>
>>321778372

even if that was true, there are other sites that sell games even cheaper

also
>trading in your games
fool.
>>
>>321778580
>PCs are better technically but consoles work and do some things better

Look at this fucking guy with his reasonable opinion and shit.
>>
>>321776371
except sony and microsoft try to push their consoles as full on pc, especially microsoft.
and they fail miserably, consoles hold back gaming, not because they're bad per se, but because they have a shitty hardware for their price.
besides, you talk like pc gamers are the real shitposters, but i've seen a lot more of sonyggers shitting up thread for no reasons, just go look at what some of the dragon's dogma thread looks like now that it's getting ported to pc. sure, i think faggots who gloat about 4k at 120 fps all the time don't get what gamimg is all about, but bitches will be bitches, even though there's nothing wrong with desiring hd graphics, even if i couldn't care less. to this day, i still think daggerfall had all the graphics someone needs to play video games, so a game can look like ass for all i care, as long as it's fun and got a decent fps. or at least a stable one
>>
File: helpforums.png (1 MB, 3244x1848) Image search: [Google]
helpforums.png
1 MB, 3244x1848
Two things for me:
1. Exclusives
2. pic
>>
>>321775889
You run across way less redditors, meme spouting faggots and bronies.

You can actually play with normal, well adjusted human beings.
>>
File: _Shiggy_Diggy_Doo_.jpg (283 KB, 1028x1112) Image search: [Google]
_Shiggy_Diggy_Doo_.jpg
283 KB, 1028x1112
>>321777385
Pick whichever is applicable
>Not feelan comfy in your nice living room in front of your big TV while playan vidya
>Keeping your computer in your living room so you don't get an ounce of privacy, make the room look cluttered and mess with its flow, and have to run an ugly chord across the room to the back of the TV.

I seriously hope you do neither.
>>
>>321778873

But the average pc user has worse hardware. Thus pc is holding gaming behind.
>>
>>321778648
>i cant read or think
>EVERY household has a tv!
so a student or something moving into a new place is going to default have a tv are they? are you that fucking ignorant/dense?

also i said most tvs now can aslo connect to a pc as a monitor, so why would u need to spend an extra $100 on a monitor when if "you have a tv by default hurr" you could just use the tv instead
>>
>>321775889

>some people actually bought the xbox one

i seriously hope nobody here actually did this
>>
File: 1449011669162.jpg (33 KB, 798x770) Image search: [Google]
1449011669162.jpg
33 KB, 798x770
>>321777164
>Consoles stopped being about the games halfway through last gen, and have since then been about appealing to a mass audience and creating big marketing campaigns to lure normalfags into spending more money on the games they're told to buy.

>B-back in my day, d-devs did it for fun n-not for money!! :(((

Lmao, enjoy your PC gaming cancer of indieshit and console ports. I'll be playing on PS4 with my friends enjoying all the great exclusives.
>>
People that are buying consoles are either

1. Poor
2. Too stupid to build a pc
3. Both of the above
>>
Multiplayer games have a good population and I get to play with other casuals instead of sweaty PC elitists.

Also I actually play games instead of compulsively optimizing and modding them.
>>
It's cheaper to play on consoles for me. My PS4 was 300 and I got most of my games for $19.99 new with sales. Not only PC games have discounts. Paying for online is garbage but I've never played online before and won't be paying for PS+
>>
IDORT COMING THRU
CONSOLES
>exclusives trapped in never ever bad for everyone else except when its on your console
>it just werks, Even if devs fuck up they're more likely to fix it on console
>as long as its not nintendo, games will naturally drop in price

PC
>lots of options for gaming and controllers
>Eels and Emulators
>grafics options so rig doesn't matter your standards do
>if a dev fucks up they might not even bother(MKX,ArkhamKnight,Darksiders 2remaster)
>you can pirate or just buy keys cheap, for the jew in u
>>
>>321779210

>I'll be playing on PS4 with my friends enjoying all the great exclusives.

haha

hahahaha
>>
>>321777697

retardragin'
>>
File: 1451110741921-1.jpg (725 KB, 1036x1440) Image search: [Google]
1451110741921-1.jpg
725 KB, 1036x1440
This just about sums up the current state of PC "gaming"

And with nearly every big game next year not dropping on PC, I don't know why anyone would bother.
>>
>>321779414

>And with nearly every big game next year not dropping on PC

what games are you referring to
>>
File: 1451034536589.jpg (4 MB, 4916x4339) Image search: [Google]
1451034536589.jpg
4 MB, 4916x4339
>>321779390
stay mad cuck
>>
>>321778580
exclusives being worthwhile is relative to anyone's taste
palying on pc is no less comfy than console gaming
nothing to say there
split screen barely exist anymore though, whatever you use for gaming. nintendo is the only one with consistent local multyplayer games, all others are heavilly based on single or online
maybe, but you'll have to buy a new console in a few years, and maybe pay for repairs when the warranty is over, unless you have the know how to repair it yourself and get lucky on what breaks inside it(if/when it does)
i can get physical copies of my games on pc too, i just have to make them myself, althought there's no real point to it. not that there's any point to having a physical cd in the first place, other than having a physical collection.
>consoles work and do some things better
they do work and are fun to play on, but what exactly do they do better than pc? especially with the disapearing local gameplay, that was one of the best reason to have a console
>>
File: 1451080635403.jpg (78 KB, 920x900) Image search: [Google]
1451080635403.jpg
78 KB, 920x900
PC bros, I'm fucking scared, what are us PC master race going to be playing next year since all the biggest games aren't dropping on PC? First we miss out on Bloodborne, the Game of the Generation, then we get c'ucked out of all the good games in 2016. It just isn't fucking fair bros...

PC isn't getting Uncharted 4, Persona 5, Star Ocean 5, Ni No Kuni 2, Scalebound, Kingdom Hearts 3, Gravity Rush 2, Dreams, GT Sport, Crackdown, Quantum Break, Gears 4, Ratchet & Clank Redux, Horizon Zero Dawn, The Last Guardian, Rime, WiLD, Ni-Oh, Yakuza 0, Nier Automata, and more.

Why the fuck is this happening, why have devs betrayed us...

I mean our most hyped game is Dragon's Dogma, a remaster of a 4 year old game. This shit just isn't fucking fair.. Don't tell me I'll have to buy a fucking PS4...
>>
>>321779517

which one of those is a "great exclusive"
>>
>>321779517
All those games are yet to release you retard.
>>
>>321779517
is there really a new GOW coming out or is that about the remaster?
>>
>>321779589
nice copypasta but you can say cuck now.
>>
>>321779589
I'm gay
>>
>>321779589

i dont give a shit about any of those games senpai
>>
File: 1451264859688.gif (1 MB, 174x188) Image search: [Google]
1451264859688.gif
1 MB, 174x188
>>321779609
Yeah, clearly none of them unless they're ported to PC then they're "THANKS FOR BETA TESTING :DD" and "GOTYAYAY xDD"
>>
>>321779589
buy a ps4 if you want the games on it.
i don't get what you're on about though, there are lots of games on pc, a fucking ton of exclusive, so what if ps4 actually get exclusives? that just mean you'll have to get one for all the weaboo stuff, they've never been really strong on pc gaming, even though it's changing a little
>the last guardian
are you really hype for a game that was in development hell for years? mark my words, chances are it'll suck balls. i can't wait for nier automata though, platinum with taro is pretty much the game made for me
>>
>>321779627

>gr remaster
>yakuza 0
>bb
>not released

At least pretend to know what you're talking about.
>>
>>321779589
I spit on Sonyggers like you.
>>
>>321778570
>bros
>call of duty

Casual shitter here everyone
>>
The main advantage is the games you can play on console and cannot play on PC, as well as the games which are better played on console.

The other main advantage is not having to play with PC gamers, i.e. hackers, KBM users, poor people with potato PCs and spergs who turn the graphics to Low for a competitive advantage, and crybaby faggots like OP.

Also text chat is cancer.
>>
>>321775889

It's about 1/3 the price of a decent gaming rig, and you never have to bother with Windows shit, downgrading GPU drivers and playing shitty PC ports.
>>
>>321778125
Why the fuck do you need two 980 ti's?
>>
>>321779074
>can afford a house with multiple rooms

>cant afford 2 PCS
>>
>>321780350

>KBM users

what

>>321780515

so he can get 5 fps more in games and post pics of his build on /v/
>>
>>321780621

The thought of playing GTA V with someone who is using WASD to drive a fucking car is repulsive.
>>
>>321778580
there are more split screen games on steam than all current consoles combined

>>321778781
what can consoles do better than PC?
>>
>>321780960

what? you expect people to aim using a controller like a mouthbreathing consolecuck?
>>
>>321781125
And there are more splitscreen games on the Apple store than steam. What's your point?
>>
>>321781148

Aiming with a stick is far less egregious and retarded than driving with WASD. It doesn't matter that you personally happen to be trash at stick aiming because you've never properly put the time into it. Rainbow Six: Siege has no aim assist on consoles and is more interesting on that account since it requires timing to land shots and not point-and-click.

It would not impress me if you were great at DDR on the fucking arrow keys as well.
>>
>>321781438
the point is you were dumb enough to say consoles can do split screen more easily than Pc when they cant
>>
>>321781547
That wasn't me

I was saying that because plugging in a console anywhere and plugging in controllers and having a bunch of friends playing on a couch is a lot easier than doing the same on a PC

I said easier, that doesn't correlate entirely to quantity of shitty steam split screen games
>>
>>321781546
> Rainbow Six: Siege has no aim assist on consoles and is more interesting on that account since it requires timing to land shots and not point-and-click.
This reminds me of that one picture of someone saying that framerate drops are good because they make games harder
>>
>>321781546

>tripfag
>is completely retarded

surprise
>>
>>321781783

That isn't in any way comparable. Gamepad aiming isn't a technical defect; it's an input standard that generally acquits itself to more realistic and weighty movement and aiming than the retarded Quake-style bunny-hopping bouncy castle insta-360 spazzing out that KBM is best for.

If you think clicking a mouse button is an acceptable substitute for pulling the fucking trigger, you are degenerate and holding games back.
>>
>>321781721
1. you didnt say it was easier

2. its not easier retard
>>
>>321782168
>thinking that gamepad limitations are what's progressing video games
your entire post is literally "framedrops are good because they make games harder"
>>
>>321782168
If aiming with a gamepad is superior to aiming with a mouse, then why do most console shooters have an aim assist?
>>
>>321782623

Aim assist, like every other mechanic, is a tool the designers use to accomplish their intended effects given the input they are designing for.

Siege has no aim assist because it is more exciting for there to be missed shots in one-life-only engagements, where one doesn't expect the consistent butter-slicing of a Call of Duty.

In CoD, aim assist is tweaked per weapon to provide a more subtle form of balance adjustment than is possible on PC, where the balance is severely lopsided towards the two-shot precision rifles.

Many games, believe it or not, have evolved beyond basic dot-over-target aiming contests, and there is more going on in them that is more interesting (like nuanced ANALOG movement systems, which are executed far better on an ANALOG stick), so they reduce the primacy of aiming for an overall more exciting experience.

The whole concept of reticule aiming is intrinsically retrograde and counter-immersive, so I can't wait until we can finally dispense with it. Consoles are the furthest to the frontline in that regard, and it's thanks to consoles we have ADS instead of the conceptual retardation of a Zoom button.
>>
>>321779074
>Vidya must be played in living room

What in the fuck is up with this meme? Why the fuck would you want to play video games in thr living room for? I have everything hooked up in my comfy as fuck bedroom where clutter isn't anyone's fucking business, plus the front room tv is freed up for the wife or guests to use if she wants.

If I vidyad in the living room, I wouldn't be able to play when I wanted from having to share the tv and that is plain retarded.

I fucking hate this "battle for the livingroom space" that console makers and steam created (with their steambox shit). Real vidya playing takes place in the bedroom or dedicated game room.

The only valid consoles for the livingroom might be nintendo shit for multiplayer/guest friendly games, but that's really it.
>>
Ok, so I'm either considering getting a PS4 or a PC.

PC will set me back a grand canadian, the PS4 is on sale for $350 on amazon with free shipping.

What do?
>>
>>321783643
>Not wanting to play vidya on your nice comfy couch.
>Wanting to confine yourself to your bedroom for entertainment instead of creating an environment for socialization to occur or local multiplayer to take place
>Putting your computer in your bedroom instead of having an office like someone with proper cognitive functions over the age of 16 would want

Holy shit dude you're pathetic.
>>
>>321780603
>I can afford this ergo it's the financially mature thing for me to do
>I still want to shove a computer in or around my entertainment center and clutter the fuck out of my living room that should be aesthically designed to be open and comfy to facilitate stress and anxiety reduction

I shiggy my niggy

It's like you faggots don't know a damn thing about interior decorating.
>>
>>321783643
>Real vidya takes place in the bedrooms of serious gamers.

Do I even need to say anything?
>>
>>321777545
>plug and play
>not anymore

That's incorrect you retard. All the updating and installing is literally sepf automated. Especially when the console is in rest mode.

If you can update phone apps, your console experience will be even easier. Plug n play is still very much a console experience.

Didn't bother to read the rest of your post since you were wrong right out of the gate, and I typically just skip posts that are retarded from right from the start.
>>
>>321784003
Get a PC if you're the type of person to spend most of their free time at your PC. Why else do you think /v/ and reddit shill for it so hard and can't fathom buying a console.
>>
>>321775889
exclusive games
accessibility
consistency and reliability
cheap entry point and decent price / performance for at least 3-5 years in their lifespan
>>
>>321784010
>>321784010
>>>321783643 (You)
>>Not wanting to play vidya on your nice comfy couch.
I have that in my bedroom
>>Wanting to confine yourself to your bedroom for entertainment instead of creating an environment for socialization to occur or local multiplayer to take place
I broight this up regarding nintendo consoles you retard.
>>Putting your computer in your bedroom instead of having an office like someone with proper cognitive functions over the age of 16 would want
You missed the part where I mentioned dedicated game room
>Holy shit dude you're pathetic.
And you can't read.

>>321784457
>>>321783643 (You)
>>Real vidya takes place in the bedrooms of serious gamers.
>Do I even need to say anything?
You can start by quoting what I actually said.
>>
>>321783573
So your entire argument is literally "muh immersion" but with an argument that is just as bad as "24fps feels more cinematic". Consoles are the entire reason why fps games became a slow snoozefest
>>
>>321779210
>I'll be playing on PS4 with my friends enjoying all the great exclusives.
You sound like a merketer.
>>
File: 1436507394478.jpg (51 KB, 604x340) Image search: [Google]
1436507394478.jpg
51 KB, 604x340
>>321784902
>Couch in your bedroom
>Dedicated game/sleeping room for serious gamers like myself
>>
>>321785205

You keep making that framerate comparison strawman that makes fuck-all sense, and if you think Black Ops III is slow, you are delusional.
>>
>>321785436
On consoles, it is because it's absolutely tedious to aim with an analog stick
>>
>>321784585
I'll be using my PC monitor regardless so that's not really an issue.

I'm leaning more towards the PS4 since it would save me a shit ton of money but the games seem sparse.
>>
>lower upfront cost
>exclusives

That's bout it, some games play better on controllers but you can plug in a USB one into a PC anyway.
>>
>>321785729

Nothing automatic is tedious. Breathing isn't tedious. Basic walking (and turning your head, which is what aiming is) isn't tedious. It's only because you are fucking trash and have to put conscious effort into it that it becomes tedious.
>>
File: 1442247834740.gif (76 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1442247834740.gif
76 KB, 200x200
>>321785349
>my studio apartment has no other rooms!
>It's not big enough for a bed AND a couch!
>living in a multiroom home is bad!

So how IS being poor in russia this time a year?
>>
>>321775889
>start up pc game
>no wait have to start up and log into steam first
>ok now we're ready to go
>play for 5 mins
>crashes
>ugh, fine, restart game
>steam crashes
>jesus, restart again
>blue screen of death
>god damn it
>go online
>search for fix
>go from forum to forum looking for fix
>hours pass
>finally have to uninstall the game
>uninstall and reinstall drivers
>reinstall game
>start up again
>play for 5 mins
>crash
>>
>>321786614
See >>321784306

It's called interior designing and there's proven science and a function behind it. Training your body to being used to trying to sleep in a high stimulus environment has been proven to affect the quality of your sleep.
>>
>>321786286
It sure is a lot less automatic and a lot less accurate than aiming with a mouse. Weren't you defending how analog feels more "natural" and "weighty"? And now you're saying aiming is an automatic like a reflex? You can't go on defending both because defending reflex implies you don't care jow the aimkng feels like. Face it, you're just a coward that's too afraid to go against someone who is a better aimer than you which is why you go defending aiming with a fucking gamepad
>>
File: ps5 controller.jpg (28 KB, 640x376) Image search: [Google]
ps5 controller.jpg
28 KB, 640x376
Playstation 5

4k@60fps $449.99
>>
>>321784306
the secknd PC is supposed to be a small build that doesn't add more clutter than any other console and is used for streaming from the main PC
>>
>>321787684
Streaming adds input delay friend.
>>
What are some good upcoming exclusives for PC? I know of XCOM 2, Star Citizen, and Mount & Blade 2, and while they're going to be some amazing games I can't help but feel like I'm missing something.
>>
How come PC users have been lashing out against PS4 recently? There was like 30+ shitting on PS Quad threads yesterday

Anything happened that missed?
>>
>>321788073
PS4 won.
>>
>>321787436
>Weren't you defending how analog feels more "natural" and "weighty"? And now you're saying aiming is an automatic like a reflex?

There is no contradiction here.
>>
>>321775889
the benefit is that you play good games on ps4 and flash games with bad ports on pc
>>
>>321775889
Why not get the best of both worlds?
>>
>>321788204
Yes there is. You're defending a "feature" that hinders your ability to aim accurately while, at the same time an ability to aim as fast as possible that could be easily hindered by limitations of a gamepad. Aiming is worse on a gamepad.
>>
File: learn_the_difference.jpg (788 KB, 2160x1440) Image search: [Google]
learn_the_difference.jpg
788 KB, 2160x1440
>>321788576
because PC has no games for you unless you're a neckbeard redditor
>>
>>321787273
Sure, whatever you say to justify your studio apartment poor friend.
>>
> Hook up PC to 57 inch television in livingroom

> Wireless keyboard and mouse

> Wireless controller

> top tier surround sound system

> comfy as fuck couches

> hide PC in entertainment center

Litterally like playing console, but with higher resolutions, mods, torrents, higher framerates and everything a PC can do but consoles cant.

Why people still have a console hooked up to a television is baffling to me.
>>
>>321788581

Aiming is faster and more precise on a mouse, but this (combined with the universal downgrade of the keyboard) does not necessarily equal a holistically superior aesthetic experience, and for reasons I've already explained and you've ignored.

Likewise, DDR is more easily played on arrow keys, but this does not mean it is better played on arrow keys.
>>
>>321788576
Is it really that small?
That cant be powerful.

>>321788830
>Games only matter if it's exclusive
I cant wait for half those games (mostly the ones by Square) gets announced for PC and you start acting like you never cared about it in the first place
>>
>>321788043
Doesn't matter if you're going to play the latest AAA multiplat. Only a fool would play competitive games on a couch, streaming or otherwise.
>>
>>321789125
DDR is a dancing game, you idiot and it's entire point is for you to dance. Meanwhile, the entire point of FPS games is for you to aim. You basically have arguments other than "aesthetics", "immersion" and "holistic experience" none of which are that necessary to gameplay.
>>
>>321789761
>Meanwhile, the entire point of FPS games is for you to aim.

This is no longer the case and hasn't been if you've been paying attention to anything that's come out since Counter-Strike. Movement and situational tactics are equally important, if not altogether moreso. Lessening the skill gap in aiming aids that design focus.
>>
>>321788830
>Summer Lesson
>World of Final Fantasy
>>321789260
Are SE ports good yet?
>>
>>321789276
So let me get this straight. You wanna add a slavebox to your entertainment setup to get the feel of consoles, knowing full well that setup is at least expensive as a console and inferior to said console because of input delay, all because you wanna be that much of a purebred master race? Holy hell dude.
>>
>>321790074
and the question is this: would it be better or worse on the gamepad, overall?
>>
>>321790291
>inferior to said console because of one reason
Pc is superior than consoles in more ways than one, retard
>>
>>321790428

Overall, Halo and Call of Duty are holistically superior on gamepad.

Overall, Quake and Counter-Strike are holistically superior on keyboard and mouse.

Rainbow Six: Siege is an interesting edge case.
>>
>>321790782
>slow casualfests are better on gamepads
as expected

>holistically
kek
>>
File: 1451163066380.png (128 KB, 319x297) Image search: [Google]
1451163066380.png
128 KB, 319x297
>>321789260
>Is it really that small?

It is. It's a little bit more powerful than consoles, really not too bad, if you can get one for a decent price. Just picked up the i7 version for $450.
>>
>>321790665
Input delay and more expensive and suits a living room setting with easier navigable uo with kb+m... I can go on
>>
>>321775889
anything
>>
>>321790917

Black Ops III is much faster than Counter-Strike, where nobody moves, and Quake, which nobody plays (hence there is zero speed).
>>
>>321775889
Autistic steam cancer community
>>
>>321775889
japanese games and you dont need to upgrade hardware, no need to wait 2 to 12 years for the games to come, comfy as fuck, no indie SJW shit games, no meme-4chan machine, it just works!
>>
>>321775889
This isn't a benefit for everyone, but more of a personal benefit. Browsing the internet and doing other shit on a console is so shitty, that when I start a game, all I do is play that game. When starting a game on PC, I usually get sidetracked by shit like 4chan, TV shows, and other shit. I have a second monitor, so it always starts off fine, then just rapidly degenerates. I could probably fix this problem by getting rid of a monitor, but it just feels so fucking wrong when I remove a monitor...
>>
File: 1451086227630.png (84 KB, 682x688) Image search: [Google]
1451086227630.png
84 KB, 682x688
Consoles never get cucked as PCuckers, PCs love to get cucked, even they do it for free and get cancer for it.
>>
>>321790995
If you're spending 250+ on a streaming box you're retarded.
>>
>>321790665
this is what cucks want to believe
>>
>>321791578
Least my credit card info didn't get leaked like sonyggers did.
>>
>>321791578
>ps3 passwords saved in plain text files
>>
>>321791841
>>321791865
>salty cuckers
>>
File: 1451018360043.png (75 KB, 198x198) Image search: [Google]
1451018360043.png
75 KB, 198x198
>>321791920
I still have my original credit card at least
>>
File: synthesia_rocksmith.jpg (71 KB, 480x624) Image search: [Google]
synthesia_rocksmith.jpg
71 KB, 480x624
>>321775889
I love PC gaming, I've been doing it since I was a kid.

But if I would suck to gift your son or little brother a cool game like Rocksmith or Synthesia on Steam to find out that they've been playing nothing but f2p crack cocaine like Dota 2, I myself play that crap all the time but I know its not good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROJKDT4uYjc

On consoles thats not a thing yet.
>>
>>321792023
>Because anyone that isnt a cuck have a PS for sure
>>
>>321792297
On consoles it's called call of duty.
>>
>>321791578
>praising people for doing their job on a holiday
God damn this pathetic attitude needs to fuck off already... Christmas isn't a good reason to ignore work. I've worked through Christmas plenty of times. If family is really so important to you, why don't you actually spend time with them outside of the holidays. If Jesus fucking Christ matters to you, why don't you attend church?
>>
>>321775889
None.
>>
>>321792423
At least you can control that, like not paying for online or just plain not buying that overpriced game.
>>
File: t8aULYR.jpg (123 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
t8aULYR.jpg
123 KB, 1280x800
>>321792378
But your wallet and servers get.cucked every year, this is what the third year in a row your servers got taken down? Pathetic little console babies.
>>
>>321792578
You don't have to play dota or lol anon, I never have.
>>
Stupid faggots asked me yesterday why I would buy an emulation box "When you can just use your PC". Some people just have no sense of convenience or navigation whatsoever. Pic related could be a modded Wii, a mini ITX PC, or the powerful Android TV that it is, it doesn't matter. Having separate devices which can be navigated at the couch with a controller or remote is infinitely more convenient than doing everything on your desktop PC. I'd rather have a clean frontend OS rather than clicking on exe's and alternating between controller and mouse whenever I want to switch games/emulators.

https://youtu.be/S5oLucN-DDA

These are probably the same people who think you can just hook up a controller to your PC and you've got the "Console experience". That being said I am not saying it isn't possible to get a good setup, but you're going to need a separate living room PC which has been set up for that purpose. Not on the same PC you also use as your desktop.
>>
>>321792747
You don't have to, but its there and its free. There are tons of free games on PC and mobiles too, not only mobas.
>>
>>321791634
If you're spending less than that then you're gonna exacerbate your input delay issue by jewing out on a gpu. Not to mention the entire cost of the actual computers.
>>
>>321775889
That fact that you know that it will run all the games for 6 years. Without needing to upgrade. And that somehow the devs need to at least make the game playable a 30fps.
>>
>>321792747
>>321793036

Oh, and I'm taking the point of view of a concerned father or older brother although I'm none.
>>
>>321793215
>playable a 30fps

Too bad half of the time 30fps actually means 20fps, which gives 30fps a worse name than it would already have.
>>
>>321785885

If you're interested in VR get a pc. Well I came from a ps3 and now I can't play anything that's not at 50-60 fps and max visual fidelity. Mods for fallout 4 are also neato and made new vegas an entirely new game. Plan on picking up a ps4 and xbone at end life to scoop up any games that I might have missed tho.
>>
>>321791920

>talking about cucks when you pay for online even though sony loses cc info and servers are down for a month

sonycucks are curazy
>>
I told my 14 year old nephew I was gone show him how to build a descend gaming PC. He looks at me like I'm some kind of neckbeard that lives in the past. These days kids use a ipad to surf the web and a ps4 to play games. And that is it. They are not gone bother to instal drivers or figure out what hardware gives the best bang for your buck. Fuck that, these days things just works. Anyway it is sad but I think the high water mark of PC gaming was 15 years ago.
>>
>>321777164
>>321778125
>>321778873
>>>/r/pcmasterrace
>>
If it's next to your computer you can shitpost while you play.

So much more convenient than tabbing out every time.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (103 KB, 1070x598) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
103 KB, 1070x598
>>321793315

Pretty much. These sonycucks should be happy digital foundry didn't exist until recently so we could all see the dips in the shitty consoles later

Here's a good example of the ps3 dipping like mad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQkwnReFURw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fbYyMq4cGU

Watch the entire thing and see how many dips there are. They can't even claim 30 fps anymore.

This gen they already started off like this. Can't wait to see what happens at the end of it.
>>
>>321789002
You have never, ever done this.

Wanna know how I know?

Getting a PC to output to a 'top tier surround system' is a far more difficult and complicated experience than you are making out. Getting 5.1 out over HDMI is an absolute nightmare - and is, in many cases, impossible.

Console audio is plug and play over HDMI/optical. PC is anything but.
>>
>>321794185
Late seventh gen multiplats are the worst examples of disgustingly unacceptable levels of performance in gaming history. Far Cry 3/4, Shadow of Mordor, Battlefield 4, DS2 etc.

Not only that but they looked ugly as fuck in the same way that a new game at lowest settings/resolution looks worse than an old game at max settings/resolution despite being more demanding.
>>
>>321775889
I find pc to much of headache. Anytime is try to play something there's always something problem I have to do with. Last time I wanted to play the sims and sims 2 but couldn't because it kept saying I need administration privileges to plays. I spent hours looking up solutions online trying everything. Nothing works.

I never had a problem with a game on a console. It works eveytime.
>>
>>321794202
Not him, but how is 5.1 over HDMI next to impossible? I've never had a problem running surround sound through HDMI no matter what was connected. Does "top tier" mean it somehow becomes overly convoluted for no good reason?
>>
>>321794861
There you go, OP. Honest reason right here; too stupid to work a computer
>>
File: 2823802-steam+link.jpg (478 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2823802-steam+link.jpg
478 KB, 1920x1080
>>321779074
>>
File: leslavbirdofevidence.jpg (6 KB, 249x242) Image search: [Google]
leslavbirdofevidence.jpg
6 KB, 249x242
>>321775889
It's a social vidya machine.

If you want to fully game, you want a PC
If you want to entertain you want a console
>>
>>321794861
>>321795125
ebin samefag/falseflag
>>
>>321794972
There are very few TV's that will output 5.1 audio over TOSLINK, and if you're using a 'top tier surround system', you are using TOSLINK cables via the optical port. That means that you need to separate the audio from the HDMI signal using a splitter/converter, and sending the 5.1/7.1 signal to your sound bar/amp via optical. This creates horrible problems, usually around NVidia drivers not recognizing the 5.1 setup because it's hitting the switch, and their shitty drivers not allowing you to brute force a 5.1 signal over HDMI.

If you're using a shitty all-in-one 5.1 system by Logitech or some junk company like that, you'll get it over the speaker port. But, that is in no way 'top tier surround'.
>>
>>321795248
>Please Gaben bless me with 60 glorious frames. It doesn't matter if the input delay creates a setup in which I can only react as fast as I could in a 30fps game with no streaming input delay. So long as that little number in the corner says 60 then I will spread your word across the recesses of vidya discussions.
>Oh and Lord Gaben if you could keep my cc info to as few people as possible that'd be nice but not necessary.
Shill harder anon.
>>
>>321795821
> thinks the Steam issues were on the same level as the PSN leaks
Kek
>>
>>321795125
Nothing to do with intelligence. Being smart doesn't mean problems will never come up. And it's not like I couldn't figure it out eventually. I don't have the patience to put up with it long enough.
>>
>>321795460
So in other words top tier surround systems are overly complicated. I just have a shitty logitech setup. No matter how good a high end surround system is, it has never felt as useful for spacial awareness as a good pair of headphones, so I've never felt the need to splurge on the surround sound system. I mainly just need my cheap set for making movies/TV sound half decent without having to wear headphones.
>>
>>321793137
How will getting a weaker gpu and cpu affect my input delay? This is a stream box not a second gaming pc.
>>
>>321795821
>post an example for having to not move your PC around the house including a ton of other streaming devices
>lol dickride gabe's cock harder u shill xD
>>
>>321796042

>sony actually loses cc info and people can't play online for a month
>steam loses no full cc info and people could play online anyways just a caching error

Sonycucks are pathetic liars desu senpai
>>
>>321795460
>Choosing lossy audio over lossless

Absolutely Disgusting
>>
>>321796238
Nope. They're not overly complicated at all. Plug a PS4 into a HDMI splitter and send the 5.1 signal out to your system via TOSLINK. Boom. Perfect, true positional 5.1 DD audio.

A PC will not do this.

Stop shifting the goal posts. 'LEL I dun wanna do dat anyway' isn't in any way a mature or worthwhile response. Master race faggots yell brainless shit about the supremacy of the PC - this is, largely, because they have shitty equipment and know nothing about how serious A/V gear is configured. PC's are absolutely horrible for surround sound - and I'll take 30fps with good, bassy positional audio over 60fps in your shitty cans any day of the week.
>>
PC is infested with children and dirty shitskins.

Consoles not being filled to the brim with F2P garbage has its benefits.
>>
>>321796042
Remember kids, it's only okay when Steam does it and it's always a smart decision to blindly give your ccinfo to the databases of popular hacking targets.
>>
>>321796545
Pretending to know what you're talking about doesn't make you look terribly good, friend.

A compressed 5.1 signal will sound identical to a lossless signal if you have your speakers properly setup, and you have a decent sub to handle the bottom end.

Let me guess. You only download FLACs too, right? Please say you do, and confirm that you're that much of an ignorant moron.
>>
How do you even operate in life if something as easy as this is still too hard for you to understand? You have to be a very special kind of retard.
>>
>>321796587
>Stop shifting the goal posts
I'm not anon... I clearly stated in my first post that I was a different anon. I wasn't actually arguing with your point but wondered why you said what you said. Once you informed me about the problems with high end surround with PCs, I just expressed my happiness that I don't have to deal with any of that shit.

I'm one of those rare people that didn't reply to a post for the sole purpose of arguing.
>>
>>321796374
>Completely sidestep the crippling issue of input lag
>Win argument

Sorry Charlie this isn't how this works. See in a debate for a proper rebuttal you have to address the crux of the argument, which you failed to do. So if you want to try again then this time make the focus of your post be about addressing the issue of input lag.
>>
>>321796943
Fair enough then. I apologise for taking a shot at you without reason.
>>
>>321796536
You're right. Steam was saving you the hassle of entering in other people's CCinfo and just letting you use their card by simply F5 and giving a large percentage of all steam users the ability to do this rather than a small group of hackers. Shit was way worse. Sony also gave us a free game.
>>
>>321775889
less hassle - hardware conflicts are almost never an issue.

lower pricepoint - console+5games is around $500 cheaper than a high-end pc of the same generation.

Easier to play with friends - most PC games are designed for solo play or only support online/LAN multiplayer (multiple machines required)

streamlined user experience - everything about consoles is designed for someone who plays games
>>
>>321796746
And if you don't jew out on speaker setup then an uncompressed PCM signal will sound better than a compressed Dolby Digital. Please tell me some more about how degrading your signal is a good thing and pretend that gpus don't have protected audio paths nowadays.
>>
Exclusives but those are inevitably made available on PC any way so, nothing.
>>
>>321797539
Yeah, I didn't think you'd have the balls to tell me that you download FLAC only. And, we both know why you did that - because it would make you look like a raging idiot.

Like you do now. Audio compression is, at this point, so good that it is only noticeable on the absolute bleeding edge, $20k audiophile equipment - none of which you actually need, because nothing is produced for the consumer market which takes advantage of it.

As I said - if you have your speakers properly configured, the difference between compressed and uncompressed audio is essentially negligible.

But, please. Be an edgy young man and tell me how people who disagree with you are 'Jews'. It's pretty funny.
>>
>>321775889
When playing online "competitive" games, you're up against 12 year old squeakers who you can shit on while blindfolded.
>>
>>321797124
No problem. You just responded in a way that is suitable for the toxic environment that you are posting in. If I faulted you for that then I would be no better than the idiots that foster this toxic environment to begin with.
>>
>>321796972
input lag of course is gonna be there but barely noticeable unless you're playing games like street fighter

get yourself a long ass ethernet cable instead of using wireless as well autist
>>
>>321779074
>implying I don't have a TV and Couch in my bedroom
Do you live in a closet anon?
>>
File: niggerspeak.jpg (188 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
niggerspeak.jpg
188 KB, 1920x1080
The only reason to get a Sony is for the Jap exculsives
MS is focussing more and more on Xbone/W10 compatability, so unless your a fanboy don't bother.

To hit like 90% of the industry you need a PC + PS4 and a 3DS/WiiU
>>
>>321775889
Convenience.
>>
>>321797959
You didn't read my post other than to post a lie about how only 20k speakers can produce an audio environment where you can notice a difference. That's, first of all, not true and second of all, this is a VERY common discussion topic for professional so pretending like one is all around better than the other all the time is displaying ignorance. Audio tracks for blurays can have different bit depth depending on the movie and who mixed the master track. On the whole, PCM uncompressed usually has comparable or better bit depth than DD, again a fact and not an opinion. So please continue to make shit up to sound cool on the internet.
>>
>>321798175
Read this >>321787273

Before you get triggered for being called out on your horrid sense of interior design.
>>
>>321794125
>So much more convenient than tabbing out every time.

No its not when you use borderless windowed mode or have 2 monitors.
>>
>>321779285
>poor
>pirates all his games

Lel.
>>
>>321798879
Yeah. I'm not fucking 12 years old
>>
>>321799275
Enjoy your input lag.
>>
>>321775889
it just feels right.
>>
>>321775889
local multiplayer
>>
>>321799483
>using a cheap ass LCD TV
>wireless controllers
>talking about input lag

Nigger you serious?
>>
1) You can tweak shit like you can't with a console. In a console you either game or you don't. In a PC you game well, you game shittier, you game shitty.
2) You can upgrade
3) You can pirate games with more ease
4) You have multiple functions. A battlestation turns into a workstation with the click of a mouse. When someone shows me a PS4 that can run Word, I'm sold.
5) When you count it all, it's cheaper. I bought my PC for about 200$ more, but I'm set for years to come and I've already downloaded more than 4 games. Also, I bought every single component and put it together myself. That is a pleasure you simply don't get with a console.

For me, the most important is the work and pirating aspect. Also, I can hook up my Xbox cunt-roller.
>>
>>321799438
>I don't believe in science
>I'll call him underage.

Master Race everyone.
>>
someone posted this

better than a ps4

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LXYrZL
>>
>>321799778
Uh.

Why would anyone want to run Word on a game console?

The stupid in this post is just extraordinary..
>>
>>321799778

Google Docs runs fine on the PS4's web browser.
>>
>>321800142
It's to prove a point. I can run Word on my PC if I want to/need to. Even if I fucked the USB port on a PS4, the console won't. A PC can do everything a console can AND MORE. Tell me 1 thing that a console can that a PC can't.

>>321800502
I need 2 words at once on-screen. Translation requires that.
>>
>>321800049
Do you need warm milk and a bed time, too?
>>
File: 1431724013.gif (129 KB, 300x232) Image search: [Google]
1431724013.gif
129 KB, 300x232
1. Exclusives, the only legitimate answer.
2. If you're too retarded or lazy to invest and build a PC.

Literally everything else a console can do, PC does better.
>>
File: 1366864694042.jpg (416 KB, 2423x1433) Image search: [Google]
1366864694042.jpg
416 KB, 2423x1433
>>321797959
>Audio compression is, at this point, so good that it is only noticeable on the absolute bleeding edge, $20k audiophile equipment

What the fuck am I reading
Is this bait
Are you mentally retarded
Are you 12
>>
>>321799778
>>4) You have multiple functions. A battlestation turns into a workstation with the click of a mouse. When someone shows me a PS4 that can run Word, I'm sold.

I love this meme.
>>
>>321802239
>behold my content free post
>u mad senpai
>>
>>321801245
Multiplayer games on PC are a hacker infested joke.

Don't bother with the I BEEN PLAYING PC GAMES SINCE 1981 AND I HAVE SEEN TWO HACKERS THE ENTIER TIME LEL

You're lying. PC game hacking is a multi million dollar industry.
>>
>>321798712
Awaiting with bated breath for this wannabe audio wizard's response.
>>
>>321779210
You did it again, Neofag.
>>
>>321801245
This. This is the only answer.

>my bootyful PC. 40×40×30cm,
>>
I'll buy a PS4 when they release the CFW.
http://wololo.net/2015/12/13/ps4-jailbreak-possible-cturt-confirms-ram-dump/
>>
>>321802335
Is it a meme? Tell me, is it? I want my PC to do that. Please, throw out your PC you're going on 4chan with and do all your browsing in PS4 interface.
>>
>>321802837

Sure. Here's your response, samefag.

You've accused me of 'lying' with absolutely nothing to back it up. Fact is, friend, I'm not lying. The fact that you're unwilling to put your name to a claim that FLAC objectively provides a superior, noticeably improved listening experience in any imaginable use case is proof of that.

You're not a 'professional' - which makes your attempt to attack me using that 'audio wizard' comment even more laughable. We both know that you're not, so don't bother responding.

I never said that uncompressed audio wasn't technically superior. I said that in the majority of use cases, the difference in the experienced sound - namely elevated texture and detail - is either imperceptible, or so dependent on external variables such as speaker positioning, the master, and the quality of the original recordings as to be essentially pointless unless you're investing in bleeding edge equipment.

Nice try though, mate.
>>
>>321776371
This anon gets it
>>
>>321803302
As an outsider, I have noticed one thing with FLAC that I didn't notice with MP3: I heard the breathing of the saxophone player so closely that it sent shivers down my spine. Other than that, I do MP3 320 all the time, because MP3 player can't play anything else and it's less space-consuming. Also, I only have Koss Porta-Pro, so I wouldn't notice a lot anyway.
>>
>>321802672
>paying for hacks
What are you stupid? I've only run into ten hackers on pc in my 5 years playing. I've run into a similar amount on consoles to. Except it's worse since you can't ban or pass block people on consoles.
>>
>>321804007
>console hacking is just as bad as PC hacking!

You keep telling yourself that amigo.
>>
>>321776371
You show a place where console manufacturers have full control over what is developed. In a few years, Xbox 360 and PS3 will no longer be supported.

I've gone from PC to console to PC again.

>Have PC all my life
>buy xbox360 because nothing to play Hitman Absolution on, PC fried, about 10 years old
>play on Xbox, get about 10 games over the course of 2 years
>now my work laptop was getting slow and I found out Hitman: No subtitle will be on PS4 and XBone only, so I decided to buy a PC
>feels great, man

It's beautiful, and I got space to upgrade.
>>
Consoles win simply because the discussion was more in line with the games themselves. Now its reduced to
>muh performance
>this CA triggers me
>le master race meme

Prime example of this is when Dark Souls released on PC
>>
>>321776371

this guy gets it
>>
>>321804205
>ps4 version of gtao was the one with the rape hack, it also had hackers getting people banned by unlocking everything for other people.
>durr you can't hack on consoles!!!

Okay dumbass.
>>
>>321800062
Shitty optimization means it won't last as long.
>>
>>321803152
Are you implying that PCs are the only way to browse the internet? Because smartphones and tablets exist now anon.
>>
>>321779097
40 million steam users have pcs stronger then a ps4.
>>
>>321804965
Of course not. But when comparing consoles and PCs, PC wins.

PC:
>more functions
>customizable

CONSOLE:
>exclusives
>no shit around, just gaming.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.