[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what's the verdict on this game? From what I saw of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: warrh_new.jpg (86 KB, 380x509) Image search: [Google]
warrh_new.jpg
86 KB, 380x509
So what's the verdict on this game?
From what I saw of the gameplay videos it looked like a pretty good horde mode game.
>>
>>321761569
Shit.
Buggy, unbalanced, blatant L4D ripoff.
>>
>>321761569
It's okay, fun with friends.
But it's lacking in content. Once you have completed all missions and have good-enough shit for your chosen character, there's nothing to do.

Except grind good shit for all characters but that's not fun.
>>
It's good, but pretty buggy.
>>
>>321761569
pretty gud but gets old fast

also its pretty grindy. people claim that you can do hardest mode with the starting equipment if you play together properly but I think those people are full of it. you literally need like 3 hits to kill a basic rat.
>>
L4D but worse.
>>
>>321761569
Imagine L4D if L4D was actually tense and fun.
>>
The rats hit zones do not match up with their physical models and will hit you after dodges tons of times

Fucking garbage don't bother
>>
A solid 7.5/8, could go a bit higher than that if they make good with future updates ( the ones we got so far have definitely been promising ). The game itself is literally Warhammer L4D with characters that have unique gear and a slightly slower, but more deliberate gameplay flow. Melee is much more important, and has a lot more depth to it than just swinging shit around ( It's not DMC, but it's still fairly involved ). I'd recommend it if you've got a couple of people to play with, it's playable solo but it's clearly not the way it's meant to be played.
>>
How do you even kill tanks in this game?
>>
>>321764149
Manage aggro effectively so he's not just pummeling one poor asshole, aim for the head, use your potions and bombs wisely, dodge the slower blows, and pray to Sigmar that you don't get attacked by a horde while fighting it.
>>
>>321764149

Each bomb staggers the tank for a length of time. Giving the whole team a stopped target to unleash on. But the bomb staggers do not 'stack', so if you have 3 bombs - one person throws it, after he starts to move again, throw another bomb.
>>
>>321764149
Drink strength potion, throw bomb at the tank (the potion affects all damage you are doing, including bombs and ranged weapons). Then your WH pulls out the pistols, presses right mouse button and shreds the poor fucker.
>>
>>321763602
you could do cataclysm with starting gear

the only difference between starting weapons and orange ones is orange ones can have 3 random enchants (and do a tiiiny bit more damage)

regen HP on kill and extra block stamina don't matter for shit if you play properly and don't get hit, though. 4 people who know what they're doing should be able to tackle anything with totally basic weapons.

>>321764149
1. stand in front of Rat Ogre
2. press right mouse button
3. take no damage
4. ???
5. profit

Rat Ogre honestly is so much weaker than the tank in l4d. He has no ranged attacks and the elf's flimsy little dagger blocks all of his damage exactly as well as a big ol' shield.
>>
>>321766071
>Rat Ogre is so much weaker than the tank in L4D
You must not have played higher than Hard.
>>
>>321766294
I usually pub nightmare
cata with friends

if you block the Rat Ogre's attack, you take no damage. None. His attacks all knock you back so far that by the time he's finished roaring and is range to attack again, either you've got your stamina back, or he's attacking somebody else who never lost any.

Once you know you can just block him even though he's the size of a semi truck, you shouldn't ever take damage from him. If the horde spawns at the same time as he does, you just ignore him. Push through the clanrats with cleave attacks and stop once every ten seconds to block the ogre.
>>
>>321766853
I'm aware that you can block his attacks, but I guess the people you play with are much better than my friends ( which is actually not hard to believe ), because if we get attacked by an Ogre while there's anything other than a few clanrats around on nightmare or higher, we're basically guaranteed to lose at least one person.
>>
>>321766294
U wot m8
Ogres are probably the least dangerous of all special rats.
>>
>>321766071
Trinkets do make a big difference so no starting gear is actually a big disadventage
>>
>>321770948
I didnt't have the luck to roll any decent trinkets yet and have cleared several cataclysm missions with my friends, it just takes coordination and knowing mechanics.
>>
>>321761569
The verdict is i'm not convinced enough to plunk down $25 for an 'okay' game.

Especially if you're a friendless loser like me.
>>
>>321772407
>it just takes coordination and knowing mechanics

>Hey, lets run alone! Im sure those gutter runners wo- AAAAAAAAAAAAAH
That said, they are suprisingly easy to dodge and more than once I have seen them jumpg off a cliff or into the sea
>>
>>321772581
Well yeah, playing with shitters won't get you far.
Just saying, my friends and I aren't pros at this game by any means, but I can see actual gud people clear cata with starting stuff.
>>
>>321772737
I dont see how you as in people can be a pro at this game, other than using strenght potions correctly, dodging gutter runners/hook rats and fuck tanks.
Knowing the maps is one thing but other than that ...

That said I havent switched my witchhunter weapons for more than one run - the pistols are just too good to wreck havoc against a ratogre and the starting sword is quick enough to fuck stormvermin.
>>
>>321772523
Yeah, playing pubs is like grinding your balls on a sand paper. Randoms are full retard mode almost all the time.
>>
>>321761569
Decent game apart from the bugs. A good rejiggering of Left 4 Dead
>>
Extremely unoptimized so most people can't actually play it to form an opinion. It's incredibly processor dependent which is fucking stupid. Shit, I can run most new games on high with max fps but this game struggles to get 10 fps.
>>
>>321775710
Have you played it since release? The optimization is fine now.
>>
>>321776316
Please anon, my processor is a 5 year old i7. Althought I have an upgraded GPU I bought this year, i doubt I'll be able to run it.
>>
>>321761569
it's ok just not worth $25
get it when it's like $10 with all DLC included, which obviously will add the content the game so desperately needs.
>>
File: 1395635312406.jpg (69 KB, 441x631) Image search: [Google]
1395635312406.jpg
69 KB, 441x631
>>321761569
Pretty worth it, a far more entertaining version of L4D.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.