[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wish they would make a new Commandos game. Started replaying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Commandos2Box.jpg (33 KB, 358x500) Image search: [Google]
Commandos2Box.jpg
33 KB, 358x500
Wish they would make a new Commandos game.

Started replaying Commandos 2 recently and it's so fucking based and it rarely gets discussed here.

>dat soundtrack
>looks amazing
>dem missions
>>
commandos: beyond the call of duty
still one of my fav game
>>
We're at the point where they could recreate those visuals in full 3d without losing the detail.

Mega-textures would be amazing for this shit, but nope, have to waste that tech on first person shooters.
>>
I love it, but for some reason I didn't like 3. Specially the train track bomb mission.

I too would love a new game. WIth pre-rendered 2D backgrounds too.
>>
>>321759185
remember playing that when i was young. i liked that each member had specific skills. it was hard as hell but i bet i could go back and have a blast with it now
>>
they would ruin it
just loook how all franchises you loved got raped in the last 10 years
>>
What is your favorite class, /v/?
>>
>>321759701
>Beyond the call of duty
>Commandos 2 wasn't the second one
Are you kidding me? FUCK
>>
>>321759758
3's difficulty spike just led to too much micro-managing which took the fun out of it for me. Trial-and-error was ramped up too high.
>>
>>321759896
It was technically a stand-alone expansion pack to Commandos 1.

On that note, anyone know how the original game runs on Win10? I recalled it was problematic on Win7 for one reason or another.
>>
>>321759872
Marine's throwing knife and Spy's uniform exploit by pressing the hotkey while killing everyone in front of everyone else

Yes I'm a skrub
>>
>>321759854
They already ruined the series with the last commandos game which was a fucking terrible FPS.

Too bad Pyro Studios (developers of Commandos) are now making fucking mobile games. So any chance of a new good Commandos game made by them is pretty much zero.
>>
OIM CUMMIN'.
Yes..........sirrrrr
>>
File: c2_driver_1280x1024.jpg (76 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
c2_driver_1280x1024.jpg
76 KB, 1280x1024
the most useless character
>>
>>321760216
Why? Don't you like doing things like driving? Yeah, I know everyone else can do it, but this one is specialized!

What about that molotov? Yeah yeah, I know there are many alternatives, but MOLOTOV!

What about the tripping chain? That's SO EFFECTIVE IN THE 2ND TUTORIAL
>>
>>321759983
Probably doesn't work because the game uses an old version of DirectX, but it's worth a try.
>>
>>321759983
They work but in order to run them you have to do some tricks like renaming the .exe etc.
>>
>>321760086
wasn't that a spinoff? i remember playing it but..yea i dont even think i finished it , i remember pirating it since "not commandos"
>>
>tfw there'll never be a Commandos 4 with multi-monitor support so you can splice the screens into multiple sections to keep eyes on all Commandos at once in a 3-monitor setup
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.