[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>playing a console shooter >have your aim perfectly lined
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 1441015265391.gif (2 MB, 382x369) Image search: [Google]
1441015265391.gif
2 MB, 382x369
>playing a console shooter
>have your aim perfectly lined up for a grenade throw
>some enemy runs past you and fucks up your throw because of the massive auto-aim
>there is no way to turn off the auto-aim

Who the fuck thought auto-aim was a good idea? Was Halo the one that started it?
Why can't console shooters work like Timesplitters 2? No auto aim but just a slight bulletmagnetism

inb4 >console shooter. Some of them are fun but I mostly buy the multiplatform ones on PC
>>
Every game I've played I had the option to turn off auto-aim/aim assist
>>
>>321758668
Surprised that auto aim is your problem when console fov exists
>>
>>321759158
Some games have the option to turn it off but there is still a small auto aim. Think Medal of Honor had that
>>
What game has fucking auto-aim on projectile throws?
>>
>>321759430
If you turn it off it has no pull whatsoever. I tested it multiple times. That shit drove me nuts. I blew myself up serveral times pegging grenades into walls.

>>321759645
It goes by the center of your screen. Doesn't matter what weapon you have out or grenades. It'll always try to line you up with whatever is closest
>>
>>321759645
It's your reticle that adjusts itself, so it doesn't matter which weapon it is
>>
>Play console fps
>50 fov
>Motion blur to the point of it being a joke
>Hilarious amounts of auto-aim and bullet magnetism
>sub 30 fps cinematic experience
>Have to play on a controller
>Have to pay sony or microsoft on top of your internet for the privilege of using their online services

I am so jealous
>>
A modern console FPS should only do the magnetic crosshair when the iron sights are being used. Never with blindfire/grenade-prep.
>>
>>321760083
Console fps shouldn't even exist. The whole console fps as a concept thing is only a bit less of a joke than console rts.
>>
>>321759815
No pull? Do you want auto aim or what are you trying to say?
>>
>>321760161
There's a market for slower versions of genres that exist on other platforms anon.

Otherwise Goldeneye would have never picked up on the N64 when PC shooters were well ahead of the game.
>>
>>321758668
Your character was distracted by the sudden movement, it's a feature.
>>
>>321760010
>Have to pay sony or microsoft on top of your internet for the privilege of using their online services

You're gonna take it up the ass, and you'll LIKE IT
>>
>>321759430
Go fuck yourself you dumb cocksucker.
>>
>>321760587
Found the Halo fanboy
>>
>>321760179
Pull meaning it would pull to the target. I hate auto aim. I'd be in cover & go to throw a grenade, Dicknuts would run by, reticle adjusts to wall, tink tink... respawn timer.
>>
>>321760010
you've got to be a massive retard to not know that sony didn't do that shit with the PS3
>>
>>321760010
>>Motion blur to the point of it being a joke
Hey man, gotta hide that sub-30fps somehow.
Despite the game probably being able to run a locked 30 if they just dropped the blur
>>
>>321760456
Funny how I'm on xbox one can play online for free. How? Ain't gonna tell ya ;p
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.