[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I the only person that hated Lambert? Jesus Christ I can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 21
File: lambert.jpg (476 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
lambert.jpg
476 KB, 2560x1440
Am I the only person that hated Lambert? Jesus Christ I can't stand this guy, wish there was a way to kill him.
>>
>>321755951
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTJAc0COA3k
>>
I love these moments when people actually call Geralt out.

Game would have been so much better if Lambert or Eskel was the main character.
>>
>>321755951
>wah wah he's not sucking MC's dick abloo bloo bloo
>>
>>321756480
Actually it does make sense, in this world most people fear witchers, so they'll avoid trying to argue with them, Lambert is a witcher too so he's not afraid.
>>
>>321755951
Whatcha gonna do about it kiddo
>>
File: 1416697999567.gif (1 MB, 217x217) Image search: [Google]
1416697999567.gif
1 MB, 217x217
>>321755951
>he can't handle the banters
>>
File: 1439902154571.jpg (49 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1439902154571.jpg
49 KB, 1280x720
>>321755951
he's just cheeky emotionally fragile tsundere
that's kinda cute

nohomo
>>
>>321755951
He has issues, people with issues are qualified to be pricks.
>>
>>321755951
>Implying getting drunk with Lambert and Eskel wasn't the best part of the game
>>
File: 1451004127283.jpg (416 KB, 1416x1080) Image search: [Google]
1451004127283.jpg
416 KB, 1416x1080
>>321755951
>can't handle the banter
>>
>>321756480
I wonder why normal people don't call out mutants bred for combat...
>>
I didn't like him at the start but he really grew onto me later on. He's cool.
>>
Lambert Lambert what a prick.
>>
>>321756375
>not bad
>>
>he didn't get drunk with Eskel and Lambert
>he didn't get the conversation where Geralt and Lambert tell eachother that they give eachother a hard time because they're like brothers and they really care

He's a dick, but his heart's in the right place.
>>
Lambert Lambert
What a prick
>>
He was a cheeky prick, but I still liked him. I think they overdid him being a dick maybe a little too much though, when you compare him to tw1 where he seemed a bit less whiny but still had an attitude.
>>
>>321755951
This is considered good writing?
>>
File: 2015-06-14_00009.jpg (238 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-06-14_00009.jpg
238 KB, 1920x1080
He's a pretty huge prick, but he's also a well-written character and his interactions with Geralt are really, really good. He's also amazing in the drinking scene.

I like him but I also want to punch him in the face most of the time. Kinda like Djikstra.
>>
>>321756480
Could happen in a new Witcher game.
I don't think the developers are going to throw away this franchise. Maybe not with Geralt as MC, but with other witchers.
>>
>>321758434
I doubt it. CDPR tries to keep "good gamer" image, milking witcher franchise would ruin this image immediately. It's really nice how they closed the game in trilogy and how they're not going to make next witcher games in near future.
>>
>>321757504

Just done that
10/10 GOTY
>>
>>321758147
>Dijkstra
>this scene when you can break his other leg while he screams "ANYTHING BUT THAT", but you'll lose important part of plot as a penalty
irresistible

even if dijkstra was kind in his own way
>>
>>321758917
Yeah. I mean you can rag on the combat all you want(I thought the combat itself was fine but the scaling/levelling was terrible), BUT the whole Kaer Morhen experience was the best part of any game I've ever played. Gonna make a thread about it to be honest, family members
>>
>>321759078
Almost better to break his other leg than to have him go full retard at the end of the assassination arc.
Everything up until that was handled well, and then they go and drop the ball hard like that which really sucked.
>>
>>321758793
i'd buy expansion for the witcher 3 until cyberpunk comes out, i hope they keep up the quality of hoS
>>
File: 1446415087555.jpg (62 KB, 342x342) Image search: [Google]
1446415087555.jpg
62 KB, 342x342
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC8ya-KqB7Q
>>
>>321755951
Lambert is the splitting image of Maddox, and having only now realized this, the similarity is making me uncomfortable.
>>
>>321759310
I really do appreciate that they can make fun of their own writing at times.
>>
>>321759296
I'll lose my shit if Regis shows up.
Too bad that Sapkowski is an asshole and killed off the bro knight from there in a throwaway line.
>>
>>321757582
Witchers are a dying breed, no more than legends in most remote villages. You need to understand than in this Universe, monsters are nearly eradicated and so are Witchers.
>>
I like the way how they turned Erendin into the pushover he was suppose to be since Imlerith was the brute strenght behind the Hunt.

Still wanted them to focus more on Caranthir and his story of being the Golden child next to Ciri.
>>
>>321759502
i think not, but Iortheth for sure
i think it will focus on racism some way again, like the first game because no war there - old shit presist and obviously vampires involved in politics
>>
>>321757504
This.

After that scene i knew this game was the best thing ever.
>>
>>321759745
>focus more on Caranthir
Yes, they jsut mention it once or twice not going into it, i understand why - because we are looking at the ciri story from geralt's perspective and he doesn't know half of what was going on but still
>>
>>321759502
That throwaway line got to me more than any overdramatic death in ASOIAF, though.

That book, Geralt goes through the fucking ringer. He's travelled all that way to get Ciri and Yen, loses all but one/two of his friends in the space of a few minutes, then travels back to the town and finds out some lad that would have probably cheered him up died horribly too.

Made me put the kindle down and stare at a wall for a minute.
>>
>>321759747
>Iorveth
I'm so sorry, anon, I guess you haven't heard.
Anyway, I doubt it will focus much on racism, but rather on their fucked up/funny culture and traditions in Toussaint and some of the darker sides to that.
>>321759887
Kind of why I hope Regis might come up, or that there might be some references to his old squad, considering the circumstances last time he was around those parts.
>>
>>321759228

It was nostalgic as fuck, thats exactly how I drank with friends when 18ish, up to the point of deciding to call women at 4:00 am thinking they would be happy about it, just the absurdity of the situation made me lol all the way through
>>
>>321759887
>overdramatic death in ASOIAF, though.
I don't think any death in Asoiaf is dramatic though. That's one thing that's fantastic in the books, deaths happen and are barely spectacular, they're brutal and quick, much like in real life.

>Oh.
>>
File: 1374837030373.jpg (44 KB, 451x392) Image search: [Google]
1374837030373.jpg
44 KB, 451x392
>>321759812
>(...), and then you say something in elvish
>CAED'MIL, BLOEDE D'HOINE
>HOCUS-POCUS, ABRACADABRA
>it worked
>>
>>321760016
>I guess you haven't heard
Look, today they arrested ISIS dude in iraq that was supposed to be dead 5 times, and we don't now about Iortheth for sure yet.
>>
>The drinking scene at the end
Fuck, they can write when they try.
>>
>>321755951
raise ur bants resistance
>>
File: festivegeralt.jpg (534 KB, 1334x565) Image search: [Google]
festivegeralt.jpg
534 KB, 1334x565
>>321759502
how would you even bring back someone from the dead who been melted.

i miss my black knight cahir more :(
>>
>>321759628
doesn't mean I'd piss one off if I saw one
>>
>>321755951
Faggot even rode to the sunset with one of your waifus, fuck that guy
>>
>>321755951
I thought the mutations were supposed to strip them of emotions. I mean at least somewhat.

Lambert is so fucking angry all the time though.
>>
>>321760084
>I don't think any death in Asoiaf is dramatic though.

Lol.

Every Stark death, Lannister brothers' death, Lysa Arryn, Janos Slynt, Ygritte(not so much the death just the hours of Jon fucking retrospectively thinking about it), Shae.
>>
>>321760290
But chances are you wouldn't even know what witchers are. You just see one mercenary dude with uncommon hair colour, you have no idea it's a purebred killing machine. Also he has funny eyes and people in the witcher universe are intolerant as fuck.
>>
>>321760341
>I thought the mutations were supposed to strip them of emotions
you shouldn't trust what imaginary universe anonymous writes in witcher portrail books
>>
>>321755951
There is a way to get him killed during the attack on Kaer Morhen, but you really have to fuck it up.
>>
>>321760253
>High vampires
>Dead
I know they would have to pull something out of their ass to explain why he regen'd in like 10 years, but honestly doesn't seem that far fetched if he got some magic boosties of some sort to speed up the process. It would just be cool to see him.
Poor Cahir never stood a chance.
>>
File: 1343151994842.png (76 KB, 441x411) Image search: [Google]
1343151994842.png
76 KB, 441x411
>>321760383
Why do you mention asoiaf if you only watch the show lmao

All of those deaths happen in a single sentence each and are definitely not "overdramatic".

>Only cat.

>Ygritte(not so much the death just the hours of Jon fucking retrospectively thinking about it)

Guess he should just carry on with his duties, never mind the woman he was in love with died a brutal death in front of him.
>>
I have tried both TW1 and 2 and disliked both in different aspects, but more specifically the combat in each.

Tell me, if I were to play TW3 without even giving a shit about the previous 2, would I have any issues regarding the story? Does it have at least enjoyable combat?
>>
>>321760225
One of the devs literally confirmed that him and Siegfried definitely won't show up in the expansion though.
>>
>>321760591
oh...thanks.
>>
>>321760550
Combat is the worst thing about the game sadly other parts make up for it though and the combat isn't nearly as bad as the previous ones.
>>
File: tolkiengrrm.jpg (257 KB, 1335x879) Image search: [Google]
tolkiengrrm.jpg
257 KB, 1335x879
>>321760525
>someone doesn't like this terribly written series that I like
>h-he just watches the show

Just because the death moment is in a sentence doesn't mean the event surrounding it isn't overdramatic as fuck.

The castle in Witcher book 5 was the final event of 5 books worth of journeying.
>>
>>321760253

>cahir

Literally Who - the character who had no point.
>>
>>321760908
I guess he helped further establish that anyone who lusts for Ciri sexually is doomed to die a violent and horrible fucking death.
>>
>>321760460
>it's magic
>>
>>321760652
Well, if it isn't as bad as the previous I guess I won't have much trouble.

The issue is, since it's a sequel (I guess?) is it one of those games where you're missing out on many details because you're playing the last part? Or is it more like mass effect where it doesn't really matter just that much that you might play ME3 and not the previous ones?
>>
>>321760790
I read both ASOIAF and the Witcher books and saying deaths in asoiaf are overdramatic is probably as wrong as it gets.
It's okay to not like things but to force yourself to hate it to be "superior" from people who don't is pretty retarded. Then I'm on /v/ so I don't know what did I expect.
>>
>>321760790
>Actually finished his magnum opus

I thought he considered the Silmarillion his magnum opus?
>>
>>321761250
It's a troll pic, don't bother. Poe's law in full swing.
>>
>>321759372
>he's got his own site called thebestwitcherintheuniverse.net
>>
>>321755951
But you can get him killed. If you don't have Keira you'll have to save him when he gets knocked down by the Wild Hunt. At that point he'll have a health bar and you can just let him die (similarly to how Ves can die).
>>
>>321761045
Not the same anon. I agree the deaths are not over dramatic, but at some point they just start to seem like a cheap way for GRRM to add shock effect to the story. At least that is how I felt.

>>321761347
Might be a troll pic with plenty of flaws but there is still some truth in it. Like him being completely stuck because he can't find a way to assemble all the storylines he has set up.
>>
but Lambert's the real King of the Wild Hunt

Eredin's just a decoy
>>
>>321761250
His magnum opus was going against his wife's dying wish by putting the elven name he gave her on her tombstone.
>>
File: cynical.jpg (333 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
cynical.jpg
333 KB, 1920x1080
He tells you why he's so cynical. His father made him into a Witcher
>>
>>321755951
He is an asshole with a heart of gold who has justifiable reasons as to why he's such a prick. Great character, one of my favourites in the game. Also has some of the best lines.
>>
>>321760790
In the opinion of /v/ are the Game of Thrones or Witcher books better?

I thought the first Game of Thrones book was well written but everything after that basically shit the bed.
>>
>>321761541
he's so cynical because some inane elves are interrupting his world domination
>>
>>321761520
>but at some point they just start to seem like a cheap way for GRRM to add shock effect to the story. At least that is how I felt.
That's true to some degree in the show but in the books, all the deaths are foreshadowed and serve a purpose.
>>
>>321761643
I think Asoiaf is better but it's honestly super subjective and the witcher books are translated so it doesn't help. Asoiaf has this HUGE universe with tons of factions, plot, intrigue etc. The Witcher books are a loose collection of short stories and two longer stories but it's nowhere as huge as the asoiaf series. I don't think they should be compared, honestly. Completely different scale and trying to achieve different things.
>>
>>321755951
He's even worse prick than he was in the books on in TW1, but still a bro
>>
>>321761724
>but in the books, all the deaths are foreshadowed and serve a purpose
I've read the books too, so I'm not in the dark about this. But even if you can do an impressive magic trick it gets boring after being repeated over a handful of times. GRRM totally blew it as the books became way to long, overly complicated and this "shock pattern" began to emerge.
>>
>>321761643

As
>>321761860
says

The strong part of the Witcher books were Geralt's short stories, the characters were good but the saga itself was just shit and it had super cut-short ending that ruined any worth it had.

asoiaf has a gigantic nice world with a million interesting characters

The worlds themselves are comparably interesting, but I do think Sapkowski's is just "cheap"er
I mean its literally
>at some point a big whoop happened and suddenly we have all the races and monsters
Nearly all the hostility stems from racism, while GRRM made over a thousand years of legit history for his and most hatreds stem from it.
>>
>>321761643
I really enjoyed both. They can't really be compared in their entirety, Witcher is only 15-20% politics and wars between Kingdoms, whereas Asoiaf is 90% politics and wars.

In terms of character adventures Witcher is way better. In terms of wars and politics Asoaif is much bigger in scale, but I still liked that part of Witcher a lot.

I read Witcher in Polish and Asoiaf in English.
>>
>>321759263
I liked the way CDPR did him in TW3, but noone tries to fuck my niggas and gets away with it
>>
>>321762472
That quest is the shittiest part of TW3.

One entire political ending is blocked by a "choice" that forces you to sacrifice a guy that had your back for the entirety of TW2 and TW3.

I'm putting choice in quotation marks because it wasn't really a choice to me, I didn't even consider letting them die for a single second.

That entire quest is retarded on so many levels
>Djikstra expects to kill 2 commandos and possibly a witcher with 5-6 of his men
>Roche turns out to be fine with a vassalized Temeria

Fuck that quest, seriously.
>>
File: Dijkstra.png (217 KB, 500x509) Image search: [Google]
Dijkstra.png
217 KB, 500x509
>>321762472
Just kill the Temerian goons and disregard CDPR's attempt at yet another character assassination.

Dijkstra is objectively a better politician, administrator and frankly, a better power player than Roche, who is the Witcher World's "literally who". Dijkstra has an actual plan for Redania (which was the most powerful Northern kingdom before the war anyway), Roche is just blindedly patriotic, as if Temeria ever did anything for him.

Furthermore, I despise Ves and consider her death irrelevant enough. She's spiky and edgy and, let's be frank, butchy as shit. I don't need this and I don't need her, a special snowflake-turned-"commando" who got muh rapedâ„¢. Yes, I didn't kill Henselt. He's more important politically, also just better written than Ves, he's just an enjoyable and possible character. Also god-tier in the books.

Thaler, oh God. His loss was sought by me actively. Thaler was always a gimmick character, relying solely on vulgarisms and stolen dialogue bits. In TW3 he got a little better, but at the core it's still Thaler. A little shit not worth spitting on.

In the end, the choice between Dijkstra's actually potent Redania and Roche's marionette Temeria was simple. Shame that Roche had to die, but he precisely *had* to die for the cause. He's that much of a simple character with no human emotions and aspirations, just ploughin' lilies and muh vengeance.

Dijkstra has more weight (hurr durr) and more depth to him.
>>
>>321763005
One could argue that
could be acceptable but Dijkstra thinking being able to even put up a fight with a Witcher is completely retarded.
>>
>>321763167
It's acceptable because Roche probably doesn't know about Emhyr's trouble with the opposition. He has no idea that Emhyr is fucked if the war will drag on.

But for some reason you can't fucking tell him that (even though you can tell that to Djikstra, which doesn't even matter because fuck the player).

>>321763120
>Geralt
>Putting "The good of the North" over friends
Top kek
>>
>>321763321
I feel like CDPR is better at coming up with their own intrigues than expanding on the books'
>>
>>321763005

Why the fuck not? Considering their circumstance it is a pretty damn good deal for Roche.
>>
>>321763167
It's not so much he thought he could take Geralt, but he wasn't going to go through with this whole plan just to step down at the final part.
Only a fucking pussy would do such a thing.
>>
>>321763461
He can fuck it up from the inside, Crusader Kings style.

Also, people do not have that one bantering friend who loves to throw jokes at you and call you names but would take an arrow to save you?
>>
>>321763535
> he wasn't going to go through with this whole plan just to step down at the final part.
Only a fucking pussy would do such a thing.

Or, you know, a cunning shrewd master spy? He's a calculated mastermind, not a bravado fighter or whatever the fuck CDPR and american people think dijkstra is.
>>
Geralt is kind of a show off and goes against everything witchers kind of stand for.

Lambert also had a huge fucking reason for being a dick: His future was taken away from him and given to a profession steeped in horrible dangers.

So yes, lambert is a fucking That Guy asshole (especially blowing up Geralts spot bringing up triss infront of yen), but its a good portrayal of a bitter man getting the shitty end of a shitty job, where as his coworker is the equivalent of a police officer accepting drug money were hes trying to do his job by the book.
>>
>>321762442
this
>>
>>321763393
They can't even keep track of their own intrigues.
>The game starts with Emhyr seeking Ciri because the opposition is about to dethrone him
>In the ending where he wins he effortlessly destroys the opposition even without Ciri, and it is even stated that the opposition never put their plans in motion

>>321763461
As I said, the game clearly implies that the opposition in Nilfgaard is strong and ready to remove Emhyr from power if the war drags on (as it is bad for business). Roche could have exploited that, but you can never inform him of this fact.

Also Natalis vanishes from the story and he could have replaced Radovid as the military commander of the North easily.
>>
>>321763601
>Set up an assassination on the leader of your own nation
>Back down right before your own plan can benefit you
>"I'll just wait 20 more years when I'm too old to be relevant lol"
>>
>>321760398
The eyes, man, the eyes.
>>
File: 1434150620898.png (597 KB, 790x716) Image search: [Google]
1434150620898.png
597 KB, 790x716
>Letho at Kaer Morhen

almost as good as the drinking scene tbqh
>>
>>321764379
does nothing
nobody cares
>>
File: le_shuffle.jpg (9 KB, 250x239) Image search: [Google]
le_shuffle.jpg
9 KB, 250x239
>>321764379
>letting let Letho live
>>
>>321764379
He talks to you a bit and has a unique conversation if you roped in Roche and Ves, wasn't so great to me. He even almost gets left behind when Geralt and Lambert deal with the Wild Hunt. Would have been better if he had more memorable moments or conversations, what if Roche and Ves were struggling and Letho of all people was the one to help them.
>>
File: 1410685103627.png (78 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1410685103627.png
78 KB, 240x240
>>321755951
>Am I the only person that hated Lambert? Jesus Christ I can't stand this guy, wish there was a way to kill him.

He's a vengeful and immature retard. I hated him too.
>>
File: witcher3 2015-12-18 19-30-27-29.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
witcher3 2015-12-18 19-30-27-29.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1440
Witcher time
>>
File: cant outwit the radowid.jpg (110 KB, 1008x529) Image search: [Google]
cant outwit the radowid.jpg
110 KB, 1008x529
>not supporting the one true King of the North who is one with the Eternal flame that burns in the heart of every man
Fucking elf lovers and witch ploughers.
>>
>>321764834
le pol face
Also goes completely against what Geralt stands for
>>
>>321764834
>He even fucking tries to kill you if you "help" him
Like I needed more reasons to assassinate him
>>
>>321764834
>Some bigot fuck who had mommy issues as a kid.
At least Ehmyr sees everyone below him as equally below him.
>>
>>321764956
To be fair, he did make the right decision, regardless of whether or not he's crazy, he still tried to cull you when you were in fact helping the assassins
>>
>>321765079
What does it matter if someone accidentally makes the right decision? It's like praising a retarded kid for accidentally solving a difficult puzzle.

Based on the information that he had, his choice was fucked up and confirmed further that he's the most evil fuck in the whole game.
>>
File: witcher3 2015-12-18 23-53-28-34.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
witcher3 2015-12-18 23-53-28-34.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1440
>>
>comparing a song of ice and fire to witcher

Really? If anything the Malazan books are more comparable if anything to ASoIaF.
>>
File: nic.gif (2 MB, 177x150) Image search: [Google]
nic.gif
2 MB, 177x150
>>321764379
>Roche: Why's the kingslayer so important?
>Letho: Eredin's a king, ain't he?
>Roche: ... fuck you both.
>>
>>321765376
>tfw no bangable Succubi in tw3
Blood and WIne, pls don't let me down.
>>
>>321765431
Actually a couple of people have pointed out how the two are not comparable. But I guess actually reading the thread is to much for the average /v/baby
>>
>>321765376
>couldn't get any succubus poon
I was sad.
>>
>>321765431

1st book was fine and 2nd and especially 3rd were great stuff. 4th was awful and 5th was decent. 6th nor 7th will never get finished since GRRM will die to bacon before that.
>>
>>321766024
It is repeatedly brought up and it baffles me.

But considering this is your first time on /v/ I shouldn't expect you to know this.
>>
>>321755951
Yeah. Me too. Would have killed him, the dwarf and that faggot dandelion too.
>>
>>321764379
>Witcher Letho, I'm School of the Wolf
>>
>>321766074
>>321765376

Honestly how many of us wouldn't buy a DLC that did nothing but add sex animations and romantic encounters to the game?

I'd be hard pressed to refuse. Still want to fuck a mermaid.
Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.