[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm bored and want to try something new I've never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (122 KB, 255x354) Image search: [Google]
image.png
122 KB, 255x354
I'm bored and want to try something new

I've never touched a Diablo game, but since 3 is the newest I assume I'll be wanting to play it? All I know is that the launch was a disaster but the expansion fixed most issues

Worthwhile or should I look for something else?
>>
It is actually pretty fun now, BUT you'll have to shell out money for both the base game AND the expansion.
>>
>>321754267

With the expansion, it's actually pretty fun. It perplexes me that they fiddlefuck around with Heroes of the Legends of Defense of the Ancient Storm while they have this game to actually build upon.

It can get grindy once you get all your set pieces as you need to level up your gems, but it just gives you more goals. The seasons also breathe life into the game and I enjoy starting from a clean slate every couple of months.
>>
>>321755501
>It perplexes me that they fiddlefuck around with Heroes of the Legends of Defense of the Ancient Storm while they have this game to actually build upon.
They are, actually. There's a new big patch coming soon. They'll finally make seasonal legendaries available to non-seasonal heroes. Because I quite honestly don't like to spread thing my playtime over different characters every season. I just want to build up my main one. And, well, I don't have much time to play as I did back in D2 days, so I can't just max out a character in a single season.
>>
>>321755705
Maxing out a char now takes the grand total of three days, less if you have friends to boost and play with you.

You fucking cancerous casual faggot.
>>
>>321755501
>It perplexes me that they fiddlefuck around with Heroes of the Legends of Defense of the Ancient Storm while they have this game to actually build upon.

can't monetize d3 anymore so blizzard puts it on the back burner. the game is going to pass 2 years since its last xpac in a few months.
>>
>>321754267
It's decent, a bit overpriced, but I guess it's the issue with every blizz game. Since this would be your first Diablo game you won't be let down like many of Diablo I&II players, but they wanted second coming of Christ and instead received "just" decent game.

As>>321755501 said, seasons are cool way of starting fresh with its new additions and rebalances, so when you got bored with your playthrough now, you can always come again when new season starts and experience it quite differently, even if you're playing with the same class as last time.
>>
File: 1448300586494.png (139 KB, 277x251) Image search: [Google]
1448300586494.png
139 KB, 277x251
>Diablo 3 will never get another expansion
>Snubbed by the money machine that is Heroes, Hearthstone and soon to be Overwatch.
It physically hurts. I fucking loved Diablo 3. The story was interesting, the amount of dialogue, lore books and shit was fun and it plays like a dream. Reaper of Souls was a top fucking tier expansion.

But no, we won't get more. Fuck Blizzard. Patches don't mean shit, I don't care about leveling the same classes through the same content AGAIN. I want new shit, new classes, maybe a fucking ending for the story.
>>
IF you want to play D3 wait a bit more. A new season starts on the 15th.
>>
>>321758224

You have to be retarded to think that there won't be another expansion, mate. Diablo 3 is one of the best selling games of all time. Blizzard is not what it used to be, but they aren't retarded enough to pass up free money.
>>
>>321758224
>>321758465
Diablo 3 is the tenth best selling games of all time
>>
>>321758224
Nah, I'm pretty sure that they will release next expansion. remember that SC 2 is pretty old game and its last(?) xpack was released just recently, so their next big announcement might be successor to RoS
>>
>>321758224
Overwatch isn't going to be monetized like some f2p game. They're keeping this shit to minimum.
Also D3 has been planned to have two or three expacks minimum.
I seriously hope this time Blizz will do Meph justice and make the demon onii-chan the true final boss of the third game.
>>
>>321758465
>>321758560
But how well did RoS sell?
>>
>>321754267
>I've never touched a Diablo game, but... I assume I'll be wanting to play it?

wat
>>
>>321754267
>>321754267
>but since it is the newest I assume I'll be wanting to play it?

Do you even know /v/?
>>
>>321760148

>Blizzard Entertainment announced that players the world over launched a crusade against Malthael, the angel of Death, with the release of Diablo III: Reaper of Souls for Windows and Mac. As of the first week of the expansion’s availability, more than 2.7 million copies had sold-through online and at retailers worldwide.

That's all I can find, so pretty well I guess.
>>
Do you still need to be online to play single player?
>>
File: 1262746891743.jpg (88 KB, 320x420) Image search: [Google]
1262746891743.jpg
88 KB, 320x420
>>321759931
>Overwatch isn't going to be monetized like some f2p game. They're keeping this shit to minimum.

yeah, sure! we can always count on Blizzard/Activision to not fuck up something in order to make cash
>>
>>321760882
>everything in the universe is bound to take the worst outcome possible
At this rate you might as well just give up hope for decent vidya coming out in the future and just shitpost on /v/. Oh wait...
>>
>>321761328

there's good vidya coming in the future, I don't doubt that, but not with a blizzard logo on it
>>
If you want to play a Diablo-style game, Diablo 3 is probably your best bet. It's the most approachable out of the series, there's tons more content, and it's objectively the best game in the series, except with a slightly weaker main story.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.