[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You have 10 seconds to tell me ONE good modern hack and slash RPG
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
File: 1421088722762.jpg (40 KB, 440x242) Image search: [Google]
1421088722762.jpg
40 KB, 440x242
You have 10 seconds to tell me ONE good modern hack and slash RPG
>>
Path of Exile
>>
Fuck I need to play Diablo again. Any way to play this in something higher than 640x480?
>>
>>321748912
Witcher 3. not memeing
>>
>>321748912

Goddamn, look at those simple, perfect graphics. Diablo looks fucking amazing.
>>
>>321748912
Grim Dawn
>>
Path of exile really is a great game. Kinda lame how expensive stash tabs are though and you kinda need them once you start mapping
>>
>>321748912
d2lod + median mod
nothing comes close to it

>>321749009
just get a crt monitor
>>
>>321749009
There's no need to IMO. It looks fine stretched (conserving aspect ratio obviously)
>>
Diablo 3
>>
Sacred 1-2
Diablo 1-2
Dungeon Siege 1-2
Titan Quest
Grim Dawn
Path of Exile
>>
Path of Exile
>>
>>321749381
>nothing comes close to it
nothing comes close to how fucking stupid it is.
>>
Diablo 3 > Diablo 2

Suck it nerds.

Diablo 2 is literately just leveling one ability and spamming it all game until you lern the next tier of the same and then you level and spam it. Only other thing you do is toggle passive skills and spam the same ability.

In Diablo 3 at least you have to think about more than just that one ability.
>>
>>321749296
If you get bundles of non-premium tabs it's pretty reasonable. Still better value per dollar than any game you have to buy
>>
>>321749938
You forgot that you also need to level up synergy skills that boost the damage of your primary offensive skill.
>>
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
>>
>>321749938
>just leveling one ability and spamming it all game until you lern the next tier of the same and then you level and spam it
So you're saying 3 is a rehash of 2.
>>
>>321749938
both games have shit combat as far as thoughtfulness goes
but d2 looks better so it wins
>>
>>321748912
titan quest
>>
>>321750065
Iv played 3 as a witch doctor.
I had to use 5 different abilities at the end of the game and have 3 toggles active.
>>
>>321750237
I miss Guild Wars so hard.
Up to 64 abilities out of 1300. 8 for every Henchmen.
>>
Hc poe is even better than d2, problem is that most people on this board are normies from reddit.
>>
Diablo 3 is the most fun to play but it has no depth or difficulty. You'll get bored within hours. It's also ridiculously overpriced and slowly dying. There is arguably no reason to play the game. It might as well be a Facebook game that takes more time to play.

Path of Exile has the most depth but there's only a handful of viable builds and is painfully boring to play. There is no skill involved. It's just a numbers game and usually the only deciding factor is if your build is one of the few viable ones. You'll also need to learn how the pain in the ass player market works if you want to play a build that requires a specific item because farming uniques is a waste of time. The developers are also pure garbage and will milk you for every penny in between nerfing all of the fun builds.

Grim Dawn is not relevant because it uses the Titan Quest engine which wasn't even good when it came out. Don't waste your money on a ten year old game disguised as something brand new.

There will never be another good ARPG because developers are control freaks that are scared to do anything new or make interesting spells that might be overpowered. If a developer is skilled enough to make a game that actually feels good to play then it won't require any skill and will have no depth to it because the developer in question is controlled by a major publisher.

If you play Path of Exile you're probably a little autistic and just want to pretend you're actually using your brain. If you play Diablo 3 your time probably has absolutely no value because you could be doing literally anything else.
>>
Been playing diablo 3 again. But fuck me if the late game has more grinding than fucking tony hawk
>>
>>321748912
The Witcher
>>
>>321750364
It was literally autism.
>>
>>321750736
>Titan Quest
>not good
pick one

Grim Dawn is far better, though.
>>
vote here
http://strawpoll.me/6364779
>>
>>321751018
I didn't say Titan Quest wasn't good. I said the engine wasn't good. Titan Quest was fine when it came out. Nothing special and it doesn't really hold up today. The multiplayer was also ruined by cheaters which is something the devs neglected to fix when they made Grim Dawn.
>>
>>321749009
try beelzebub mod, it adds other tweaks too
>>
>>321750742

Fuck that, it's NOTHING compared to what it was when the RMAH was operating. D3 grinding felt like an actual job at that point
>>
>>321749180
clunky, boring piece of shit that has even less end game than diablo 3 and poe wow
>>
>>321751209
I laughed so hard when the auction house went under. I had a friend super invested in the sales he was fucking devastated.
>>
>>
>>321751249
Who cares about end game? The genre is about trying out builds.
>>
>>321751426
>the genre is about trying out builds you have no use for when they are done
holy shit kill yourself you fucktard
>>
>>321750364
It was metaphorical autism.
>>
>>321748912
Obviously DMC: Devil May Cry.
>>
Hotline Miami best hack'n'slash nowadays
>>
>>321751645
But playing the game is fun. That's use enough for me.
>>
>>321748912
Does Van Helsing count?
>>
xanadu next
>>
Fallout 4, the melee perks are 2good.
>>
>>321752085
Yes, and it is the only worthy contender.
>>
File: 1407621556214.jpg (10 KB, 319x316) Image search: [Google]
1407621556214.jpg
10 KB, 319x316
>>321751249
oh boy, it's one of those "everything sux look mom I have refined taste" threads.
>>
Path of Exile would be great if locations were more inspired. As of now, the whole campaign is serviceable, but not very memorable.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.