[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
David Cage - watch or play?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: jodie.jpg (711 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
jodie.jpg
711 KB, 1920x1080
Honestly curious here. How many of you prefer to play David Cage games, to watch a friend or LP'er play them?

Watching an LP of Beyond Two Souls was like watching a TV mini series, I seriously doubt I would've gotten more enjoyment out of it if I played it myself.
>>
File: Beyond Two Holes.jpg (124 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Beyond Two Holes.jpg
124 KB, 1280x720
You'd pretty much get the same experience either way
>>
File: Beyond The Knuckles.jpg (19 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Beyond The Knuckles.jpg
19 KB, 640x360
>>321745992
>>
I enjoyed playing through Heavy Rain as an experimental game, but Beyond looks awful.

I highly doubt I'll bother with one of his games again, but I have absolutely zero interest in watching them.
>>
Play Heavy Rain with friends, there's enough dumb shit and you actually feel like your choices matter a little.

Beyond sucked shit I can't even ironically appreciate it
>>
File: Beyond Jew Souls.png (664 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Beyond Jew Souls.png
664 KB, 1280x720
>>321746069
>>
>>321745992
>having a microphone set-up near you toilet
>>
Play Until Dawn instead.

Superior in pretty much every way.
>>
>>321745842
David Cage is a fucking cage.

I can't understand why people play his games. I know, opinions, but still, they have no redeeming qualities whatsoever.
>>
>>321746081
>>321746103
>>321746239
Did you just not like the characters, story, Ellen Page is too Ellen page? Or where you stumped on the fact that there's no 'gameplay' in his games.

I acknowledge it's more of an interactive story but I enjoyed watching how the story unfolded.
>>
>>321746787
were*
>>
>>321745842
I enjoyed Heavy Rain, I thought Beyond Two Souls was retarded. Go figure.

First half of Indigo Prophecy was good, second half was hilarious.
>>
>>321745842
>David Cage - watch or play?
Neither.
>>
File: v9Sw3.jpg (162 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
v9Sw3.jpg
162 KB, 1280x720
I usually watch this guy play them

Don't really care about the "games" but the combination of both works
>>
Neither. I think David Cage is a fucking hack that's only involved in video games because the standards for quality in narrative are lower than that of film. I'm honestly disgusted he gets so much money thrown at his stupid fucking ideas when it could be put towards something with merit.

That said, I don't think much would be gained from the interactivity in his games. Most of it seems to be there by necessity of it being a video game (rather than to heighten impact, or to utilize the interactivity of games in a meaningful/interesting way) and most of his game plots read like movie scripts anyway.
>>
2bf playthroughs, of course

hyped for how bad Detroit will be
>>
>>321745842
What i fucking cuckold. I just hope you use addblock at least
>>
>>321748921
hahaha. I always use addblock ;p
>>
>>321745842
Did they remove the black bars from the PS4 version or give an option to play without them?
>>
>>321747242
what's his channel? I'll check it out.
>>
>>321745842
Watch. I couldn't enjoy the games without somebody talking over it and I don't want to waste the money on them myself, plus I don't think my friends enjoy bad cinema (or pseudo-cinema) like I do.
>>
File: woooow.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
woooow.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>321749826
You don't know MaximusBlack?

https://www.youtube.com/user/MaximusBlack
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.