[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>THAT WAS >MUH >CHILDHOOD Why is this the go-to criticism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: xAMaB0G.jpg (135 KB, 691x800) Image search: [Google]
xAMaB0G.jpg
135 KB, 691x800
>THAT WAS
>MUH
>CHILDHOOD

Why is this the go-to criticism for every fucking gamer? So a game is different than one you played when you were objectively at your stupidest and easiest to impress, who cares? Why is your taste when you were 11 years old without a pube on your balls so important?

Reminder that every generation shouts MUH CHILDHOOD and they all look as stupid as the last, the only people who give a shit are people the same age as you because they're under the same MUH CHILDHOOD delusion for the same products as you
>>
Got anything in mind you're thinking of?
First thing I think of is Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Butts.
>>
>>321745653
>implying anyone likes that game
>>
>>321745721
Oh here we go.
>>
File: 1451160298256.jpg (41 KB, 525x540) Image search: [Google]
1451160298256.jpg
41 KB, 525x540
>>321745721
>>
>>321745653
please don't tell me there are people on /v/ underage enough now to like that piece of garbage
>>
>>321748616
There's plenty of faggots who do.
I'd link to archive moe, but that's busy being dead and all.
>>
>>321748752
Just download the archive bruh
>>
>>321748843
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>321748616
>he didn't like nuts and bolts

It was a bold direction, not unlike that of gaming icons like Mario going into a game that wasn't a platformer or even from 2D to 3D, but alas we live in an age where everything has to be the same thanks to millenials that grew up with PSX and N64 and subscribe to the "us 90's kids XD" mentality.
>>
>>321749070
>it does something different so it's automatically good

It was fucking boring and shit
The concept of building cool vehicles that can do the shit you need was neat
the execution was garbage
>>
>>321745584
Yeah, it's annoying. I hate the concept of nostalgia as an argument influenicing criticism, but that goes both ways, because most of my favourite games are pretty old, so people accuse me of hypocracy when I say to leave nostalgia out when discussing quality. Thing is, I don't have nostalgia for games like classic Megamana because I didn't play that until like three years ago and still I love those games a lot, while I do have nostalgia for, say, Crash Bandicoot but can say perfectly well why that is not really a good game.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.