[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm having a shit time with this game on Hard /v/. I play
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: header.jpg (37 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
37 KB, 460x215
I'm having a shit time with this game on Hard /v/. I play as Austria and try to slowly built my infrastructure while on the defense from Napoleon and Kingdom of Italy, but the god damn Ottomans keep harassing my Eastern regions. Russia barely helps at all, Prussia isn't even in war with France so they are a pretty bad meat shield, and the French cavalry massacres my men easily. it's ridiculous. Tips /v/?
>>
>>321742139
I can't remember the tech tree of Napoleon. But rush Fire By Rank (or Rank Fire) and always switch to Square when being charged. You can still shoot in a square. Use your cav to then hunt their artillery.

Austria doesn't really have any exceptional units, their air pressure guns are OK for sniping at the flanks, but they're not as good as Swiss Guard (prob best in game) or Cold Stream Guard (not bad).

All I can remember is that Russia gets the biggest cannons.
>>
>>321742330
there is no Fire By Rank in Napoleon that's Empire evn though that was probably the best feature in Empire, and I'll look into the square formation
>>
>>321742139
Havent play that. But I played other Napoleonic games and Austria is always fucked in these. Maybe first start as an easier country and learn this way. Like Prussia.
>>
>>321742139
>vanilla
>no LME4
you deserve it
>>
>>321742139
France OP. I was playing Prussia, doing well, destroying many armies.

Then napoleons army comes. Should be easy like the rest? Well it's an odd army. Half of the army slots are artillery and maybe 5 more calv. So I assume a defensive position because he came to me (I was in France being cautious not to overextend)

He begins off charging his army into me. I remember that his calv was front and center and charging my infantry. As soon He landed the charge my army went to shit and began routing about 15 seconds into combat. His 3 or four infantry were out gunning my 12. And all his horses charged too.

I quit the game. It was bullshit.
>>
>>321742998
And by "his calv" front and center I mean his foremost army was the general unit. It took maybe one or two casualties.

Napoleon may be a little op.
>>
>>321742610
this exact thing happened to me too, i rage quit for a month. I really want battles to play Colonial battles but this is very frustrating.
>>
>>321742481
No Fire by Rank? Really? Is it only Rippling Fire?

I can't remember unfortunately, but Square Formations are/were always used to defend against cavalry. You get a major defence bonus and stuff against them in Square. So, when they charge, hit Square Formation.
>>
>>321743476
there isn't even a square formation in the tech tree. I have seen French units do it though. Maybe Austria just gets shafted
>>
>>321743645
It should be an auto option for your infantry squads.
>>
>>321743645
I just loaded it up for you. German Fusiliers, Hungarian Fusiliers, German Grenadiers, Archdukes Charles Legion, 47th (Czech) Regiment, 1st Regiment Emperor's Own and Hungarian Grenadiers all come with Square Formation as standard.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.