[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Most overrated console of all time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 488x301) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 488x301
Most overrated console of all time?
>>
I'd sooner vote for the Dreamcast or N64 before the Genesis, and I say that as someone who likes the DC.
>>
>>321740538
What's a Genesis?
>>
File: 145px-219Magcargo.png (36 KB, 145x171) Image search: [Google]
145px-219Magcargo.png
36 KB, 145x171
>>321740828
It's the Murrican name for the Sega Mega Drive.
>>
NES, name 20 games that aren't shit by today's standards.
>>
>>321740957
Oh, that's an awful name for Sega's Mega Drive.
>>321741024
Americans seem to love the NES, I don't know why. It sucks compared to the Master System.
>>
File: SNES-Mod1-Console-Set.jpg (4 MB, 5472x2840) Image search: [Google]
SNES-Mod1-Console-Set.jpg
4 MB, 5472x2840
It is good, but it isn't gods gift to man.
>>
>>321741523
That yankee design fucking sucks.
>>
>>321740828
>>321740957
>>321741404
>>321742791

It does what Nintendon't.
>>
>To this day, still shat on by Nintendrones
>A majority of its library is unknown thanks to SoA's non-stop Sonic marketing team
>A majoirty of people consider the SNES the winner of that Gen

I'm not sure how you can say it's overrated.
>>
>>321743086
That's true. Nintendo has lots of slowdown and slow gameplay in general due to poor hardware. The MD does not have that, neither does the MS.
>>
File: Huh.png (476 KB, 744x609) Image search: [Google]
Huh.png
476 KB, 744x609
If you preferred RPGs and slower paced games, the SNES was for you.

If you were more into fast paced action games and arcade ports, then you loved the Genesis.

Either way, you can't go wrong. Both systems have something the other can't offer due to lack of specific developer interest or hardware limitations.

If you grew up that gen with a friend who had the opposite console, you probably grew up loving that gen.

I know I did.
>>
>>321743459
Not really. None of the good Snes RPGs were released outside of America and Japan. But nobody in Australia had a Snes anyway.
>>
>>321739023

SNES looked like that? Christ.
>>
>>321739023

Buddy, PS2 does not look anything like that.

Neither does PS1.
>>
>>321739023
N64
it had a handful of enjoyable games, but most of the "lol gaymurr" crowd treats it like a direct creation of god himself
>>
>>321743941
It's mechanically way more reliable than PSX or PS2, not that it matters if you are only thinking about le gaems.
>>
>>321739023
Kids these days. The Mega Drive is still top three of all time. It had so many great games.
>>
SNES was way more overrated then the Mega Drive.
>>
>>321741404

Master system was fail-tier stateside. Not in hardware, but just what and how many games it had going for it. Sega didn't have a lot that would overcome big hitters like mario or zelda that cycle to start with, but they didn't really even leverage the stuff they did have.

Pushing hard on their arcade library so people had a lot of familiar shit they wanted immediately, was one of the reasons the genesis took off so well. Sega back then actually learned from their fuck-ups instead of doubling down on them.
>>
>>321744184
The Master System was also mostly arcade games. What else would you expect from Sega? They were and still are the best arcade publisher of all time. The purpose of a home console was about bringing arcade games into the home, that's why all the kids say a game has 'archaic mechanics' like lives, co-op play and limited continues, they don't realise that they are from the arcade.
>>
>>321744084
Mechanically its ten times stupider in its design. Fuckin microcode no ram access having micropenis texture buffer bullshit.
>>
>>321743253
Fucking this

Ignorant fags who think the Genesis is a sonic machine but know every single obscure Super Nintendo game. When will Nintendo fans stop with the revisionist bullshit?
>>
>>321743806
PSX exploded the 5th gen and back then only PSX was more or less good console, if you are not a Japanese.
In the 6th gen consoles got pretty equal library-wise.
>>
>>321744357

They were there, but they weren't used to push the system.

The TG-16 was better known for fantasy zone than master system was in the US, and it was sega's own fucking game.
>>
>>321744467
I find it funny that Nintendrones can get triggered at the mere mentioning of Genesis. It's been 28 years and several generations of drones who have never even played a Genesis game can become rabid dogs at the mere mentioning of Blast Processing. I was fucking 3 when the Nips started to get the console.

It's Mega Drive to me.
>>
>>321739023
I don't think so. Sega Genesis holds up well. I have bought more sega games on the 3ds eshop than nes or original gameboy.
>>
N64 is the most overrated, and its games too.
>>
Resident Evil 4 is the most overrated game ever
>>
File: diskreaderrorr.jpg (18 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
diskreaderrorr.jpg
18 KB, 600x400
>>321739023

>Not the PS1 or PS2
>>
>>321744704
But who cares about Burgerclaps? You took the NES over the Master System, your opinion is invalid.
>>
>>321745159
The GCN will become the next big overrated hipster console. It's the Saturn right now, before that it was the PC Engine, next will be Gamecube. Buy up GCN games while you can, they'll blow up in price within a few years.
>>
>>321747462
>It's the Saturn right now,
Really? I don't hear the Saturn mentioned too much. If anything it would be the Dreamcast if it is a SEGA console.
>>
>>321748040
No, it's the Saturn. The Jap import thing is getting bigger now that people are realising it has a good library of games to import. I see it all the time both online and in person.
>>
>>321739023
the Genesis is perfectly fine rated as it is
had both the SNES and the Genesis as a kid, fucking ace systems

DC's probably the most, and I love that machine. OG Xbox is a runner up.

>>321741523
am I the only one who likes the US SNES look more than the EU/JP style
>>
SNES
>>
The Genesis was just good enough. It didn't have any GOAT games. But it had games that were competent.
>>
>>321748338
I hope you are. The US one objectively looks like arse.
>>
>>321747383

At least we got games at all to make judgements with to start with, eurokek.
>>
>>321748643
What about Gunstar Heroes, Castlevania the New Generation (second best Vania after Rondo), Columns, Ecco the Dolphin, Streets of Rage 2, Vectorman, Comix Zone, Ristar, Story of Thor and the Phantasy Star games II through IV?
>>
>>321748761
Shit games. MS had better games than NES.
>>
File: rocket knight adventures.jpg (188 KB, 640x907) Image search: [Google]
rocket knight adventures.jpg
188 KB, 640x907
>>321748821
You are forgetting my bud Sparkster.
>>
>>321748821
Nice selection of mid tier games but ultimately they lack the influence to carry any real weight in the industry.
>>
>>321748875
The Master System was garbage, what the fuck kind of drugs are you on?

The Mega Drive was when Sega realised how to make a home system.
>>
>>321749052
What are you on about? Give some examples of what you deem to 'carry real weight in the industry'. The games I listed are all great. Gunstar Heroes is literally the best game ever made.
>>
>>321749319
You're a moron. You clearly don't know anything about the Master System, like all yankees.
>>
File: controllers.jpg (99 KB, 760x776) Image search: [Google]
controllers.jpg
99 KB, 760x776
you faggots will argue anything.

primary colors master race

but overrated has to be original brick shit house xbox
>>
>>321749918
That controller sucks. It's too small and the dpad is pure garbage.
>>
File: xbox_is_hueg.jpg (58 KB, 720x502) Image search: [Google]
xbox_is_hueg.jpg
58 KB, 720x502
>muh first fps
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.