[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some games that feature artificial difficulty?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: dspiscute.png (387 KB, 716x590) Image search: [Google]
dspiscute.png
387 KB, 716x590
What are some games that feature artificial difficulty?
>>
Every game that DSP plays
>>
>>321730784
Anything with level scaling.
>>
>>321730784
Any game with rubberband AI
>>
>>321730784
Anything published by EA
>>
Dark Souls
>>
undertale.
>>
File: kek.gif (993 KB, 320x265) Image search: [Google]
kek.gif
993 KB, 320x265
La Mulana
>>
File: 1441542036209.jpg (42 KB, 546x432) Image search: [Google]
1441542036209.jpg
42 KB, 546x432
>>321731008
>difficulty
>undertale
>game designed for girls
>>
>>321730784
>DSP fights Ludwig
>Claims its RNG

How? If he had something that was unreactable i might agree but everything he does has a absolute counter/is dodgeable on reaction. I don't give a shit if a boss doesn't have a set pattern if you can react to everything and it has a tell even in the slightest crying RNG is the sign of mental retardation.
>>
The fucking games your mom plays with me holy shit does she piss me off
>>
>>321731305
He calls it's RNG because of the fact that Ludwig doesn't have a "pattern" of attacks, IE, it charges, then smashes, then swipes, followed by a jump and a swipe, then it charges again etc.
>>
>>321731643
But that RNG is completely fucking irrelevant since you can react to everything and especially the charge that has 2 second tell. Using RNG as an excuse unless its something nearly instant that you need to be ready for in a pattern is fucking asinine.
>>
>>321731993
This is DSP we're talking about here.
>Try to tell me that wasn't RNG he decided to use that fucking attack, A-ha!
>>
>>321732067
>That moment he trades with the charge and dies and say HUH WHUT HAPPAND!?

I can't believe someone is so fucking retarded. How hard is it to guess based on the sounds you traded with the charge?
>>
>>321730784
God damn I love watchin Phil fuck up. Something about the guy is just so enticing to watch in the TIHYDP vids.
>>
>>321732632
DSP is like that time where we've all done that before. We always feel ashamed and regret but we've done it atleast a few times before to a degree. But the thing about DSP is everything is that time. Its always the games fault. Its always life is out to get him. Its never his fault.
>>
>>321732743
Maybe that's why I like him so much, because I see myself in him. Shit's funny. But some of the TIHYDP videos are garbage though, with the video maker sucking themselves off and coming off as super pretenious because Phil didn't know a certain part of lore or shit. I just wanna watch him be dumb and fuck up.
>>
>>321730784

Underrail.

>can't escape into vents during combat, or hack or loot anything
>no map system despite the game taking place in twisting and convoluted metro tunnels
>sentry guns have 20/20 vision and can see you regardless of how high your sneak is
>if you run off the map to flee a fight, all enemies will be waiting for you on the otherside and painfully assrape you as soon as you re-enter the map
>>
Essentially every single RTS.
>>
>>321730784
ghosts and goblins
>>
>>321732067
>>321731643
>>321731993
>>321731305
wasn't he claimin rng on the damage he was receiving

like he doesn't know about counter-hit damage
>>
File: 1447027842556.jpg (45 KB, 600x486) Image search: [Google]
1447027842556.jpg
45 KB, 600x486
>soulsfags getting triggered again
>>
File: apply directly to the hurt.png (390 KB, 495x369) Image search: [Google]
apply directly to the hurt.png
390 KB, 495x369
Monhun.

I love the series but seriously the community needs to stop deflecting and accept that even if you get good at bad mechanics, it doesn't make bad mechanics good it just means you worked around them. A game's difficulty should come from level design, enemy AI patterns, and obstacles. NOT clunky controls, overly drawn out animations, and gigantic hitboxes to make up for lazy design. Even if you're using faster weapons like the sword+shield the laziness in game design shows like a sore fucking thumb that got smacked by a mallet. Monhun is literally capcom's laziest fucking series, there's a reason it's niche and its not legitimate difficulty.

Here comes the deflections saying I dont even play it or something because they have no real argument. Pic related for the red asses of incoming defense forcers.
>>
>>321733489
I think he may have, but something in back of my head tells me that he may have complained about it back in DkS 2
>>
git
gud

inb4 merely pretending
>>
>>321733541
>blaming the game for your lack of skill
Hi DSP
>>
>>321734121
deflection.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.